FF Mock Draft Results

Ghostnote

Image result for Houston Texans Logo

The Texans are not in a bad spot. Franchising Clowney was smart and their overall roster really needed secondary and offensive line. This is where I put most of the focus unless there was an absolute player I could not resist outside of QB. 

1.23 - Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State

Huge need for the OL to protect Watson. Slot in at LT and move Davenport to the RT spot. Let him and Rankin battle for the position in camp. 

2.22 - Justin Layne, CB, Michigan State

Aaron Colvin has declined as of late, so Layne could slide into a stater role and at least take over for Joseph when the old man calls it quits. 

2.23 - Jonathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

Potential starter at either S position, but a great pick at this point for depth and talent level. Level headed character guy as well. 

3.23 - Kaden Smith, TE, Stanford

This was an absolute must. All the big name TE's were gone and Smith was still available. Had to grab him. 

5.23 - Saivon Smith, CB, Alabama

Too good of value here. The depth at CB is a bit lacking so adding a solid ST's guy and depth for the NB and DB was essential. 

6.23 - Javon Patterson, G, Ole Miss

Depth along the interior offensive line. Houston cannot afford to let the line decline from injury without solid depth. 

Thoughts? @mike23md

10 hours ago, mike23md said:

The Texans are not in a bad spot. Franchising Clowney was smart and their overall roster really needed secondary and offensive line. This is where I put most of the focus unless there was an absolute player I could not resist outside of QB. 

Huge need for the OL to protect Watson. Slot in at LT and move Davenport to the RT spot. Let him and Rankin battle for the position in camp. 

Aaron Colvin has declined as of late, so Layne could slide into a stater role and at least take over for Joseph when the old man calls it quits. 

Potential starter at either S position, but a great pick at this point for depth and talent level. Level headed character guy as well. 

This was an absolute must. All the big name TE's were gone and Smith was still available. Had to grab him. 

Too good of value here. The depth at CB is a bit lacking so adding a solid ST's guy and depth for the NB and DB was essential. 

Depth along the interior offensive line. Houston cannot afford to let the line decline from injury without solid depth. 

Thoughts? @mike23md

Not gonna lie, I'd be estatic with this draft. Dillard at 23 would be a Godsend, both CBs are cornerstones to a recovering secondary, and Abram with Justin Reid would probably go down as the best S tandem in 2-3 years.

I like Kaden Smith, but that would be the 5th TE on the roster - Darren Fells, Jordan Akins and Jordan Thomas are your top three, Ryan Griffin is experienced but is probably on his way out, so Smith would be an unnecessary luxury this early. A RB such as Darrell Henderson or a speedy WR might fit better there (but I'm not arguing the value here, Smith is a 2nd round talent).

Great effort nonetheless, would be very optimistic with this haul.

17 hours ago, mike23md said:

Thoughts? @mike23md

Dillard and two guys in the secondary is my dream 1st two rounds. 

Archived