EaglesPeteC FF Mock Draft Results - Redskins

Ghostnote

Image result for Redskins logo

I did make a few trades, but I dont remember with who. Ended up with 11 total picks. 

1.15 - Brian Burns, EDGE, Florida State

Related image

2.14 - Juan Thornhill, S, UVA

Image result for juan thornhill gif

3.13 - Germaine Pratt, LB, N.C. State

Image result for germaine pratt gif

4.1 - (Trade) - Brett Rypien, QB, Boise State

Related image

5.15 - Nate Herbig, G, Stanford

Image result for nate herbig

5.35 - Alize Mack, TE, Notre Dame

Image result for alize mack gif

6.1 - T.J. Edwards, LB, Wisconsin

Image result for T.J. edwards gif Image result for T.J. edwards gif

6.34 - Dexter Williams, RB, Notre Dame

Related image

7.13 - Antoine Wesley, WR, Texas Tech

Related image

Image result for antoine wesley gif

7.39 - Ken Webster, CB, Ole Miss

Image result for Ken Webster Ole Miss gif

7.40 - (Mr. Irrelevant) - Paul Adams, OT, Missouri

Related image

Thoughts?

I love this draft and you drafted some of my favorite prospects

-Brian Burns is my overall #4 ranked player in this draft and he should be the best available on my board if he is still there with the Skins pick.

-I love Germaine Pratt too. He reminds me of LVE from last year. I'm not sure he lasts till round 3 though. I think he's a little older of a prospect but I would not hesitate to draft him with our second rounder even if a couple of my higher targeted players were gone.

-I'm indifferent about the Juan Thornhill pick. He tested very well, seems smart and is local. But I'm still a believer in Montae Nicholson and we've yet to see what Troy Apke can do. I'd rather not give up on those two and I'd rather draft a corner-back in the second round. But I certainly wouldn't complain about the pick, he should be a solid player and I can think of much worse draft picks there.

-Both Alize Mack and Dexter Williams are also on my list for Day3 targets. They are both big time sleepers.

I'm not sure about Nate Herbig and TJ Edwards. They have some pretty big athletic deficiencies. But they are late round picks so they could be worth the gamble.

As an FSU fan, I love your pick of Brian Burns. He won’t disappoint as a speed rusher that this team has been in desperate need of for a long time. Also great value and sleeper picks with Alize Mack and T.J. Edwards. Didn’t get my boy Will Grier but overall I’d be ecstatic with this draft. Well done.

14 hours ago, mar29020 said:

i feel like we are spending a top pick on a edge rusher every other year. the position is a rotating door for us

So Ryan Kerrigan is 30, Ryan Anderson was overdrafted, and this year's crop of Edge Rusher is very very good. Losing Preston Smith was a minor hit, but this class has much better pass rushers for way cheaper, considering that Smith got $10M a year. 

On 4/14/2019 at 9:28 PM, mike23md said:

3.13 - Germaine Pratt, LB, N.C. State

Image result for germaine pratt gif

I'm amused that the person that is being highlighted with the Telustrator is not the player who actually made the play (which I assume is Germaine Pratt).

18 hours ago, mar29020 said:

i feel like we are spending a top pick on a edge rusher every other year. the position is a rotating door for us

Yes, but they're not finding anyone who fits. So, keep trying.

Overall, @mike23md, I like the moves. It covers a lot of the holes in the roster, and I feel got relatively good value at most of the picks.

The one place I'm a bit surprised at is the lack of picks (until the 7th) at WR and CB. I would be curious what was available in the middle rounds as I feel that's the one knock I can come up with.

Otherwise, well done.

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

Overall, @mike23md, I like the moves. It covers a lot of the holes in the roster, and I feel got relatively good value at most of the picks.

The one place I'm a bit surprised at is the lack of picks (until the 7th) at WR and CB. I would be curious what was available in the middle rounds as I feel that's the one knock I can come up with.

Otherwise, well done.

@Woz I was looking at the biggest needs and value of picks I could. 

WR: Docston, Richardson, Quinn, Sims. Wesley was a solid pick up considering his ability to get open and make plays. But there was just better value at other positions that I thought would serve the team in better roles based on offense and defensive schemes. 

CB: Norman, Moreau, Dunbar, Stroman, Alexander, Miller, Johnson and Holsey and you add in Webster. I was not thinking of taking a CB at all. 

LB: The depth at LB is awful. Reuben had not been cleared yet so had to account for that and with Mason Foster being the Fatboy he is and Zach Brown a cap casualty, I needed more competitors at the position. Happens that there was great need with Pratt and Edwards. 

TE: Davis is like 900, Sprinkle is just what his name suggests. The rest of the guys are fodder. Reed can't stay healthy. Need a young productive TE. Alize Mack is that guy. 

G: I don't trust Ereck Flowers as far as I can throw him and he is over 300 lbs. I want someone that could come in and play OG right away. Lindstrom went in the first and the value wasnt there to reach on a guy like McGovern. Herbig was the best choice for the value. Had to do it. 

QB: There were no takers on trading for a QB and frankly I couldnt wait any longer for Rypien. He is the most pro ready QB in the draft. 

RB: Chris Thompson is always injured. Samaje Perine won't see the field. Peterson and Guice are solid, but need health. Williams is a firecracker and had to grab him. 

Edge: Burns is my 2nd rated pass rusher in the class behind Bosa. Bend and speed to get around the edge. He is what we need and I am glad I grabbed him when I did. 

All of these picks are made with futures in mind. It was a feeling of getting some identity under the feet instead of this hodge podge BS that Allen has trotting out there. Building the front 7 on defense and aligning the offensive line on offense. 

37 minutes ago, mike23md said:

WR: Docston, Richardson, Quinn, Sims. Wesley was a solid pick up considering his ability to get open and make plays. But there was just better value at other positions that I thought would serve the team in better roles based on offense and defensive schemes. 

I figured. Was just a bit surprised is all.

38 minutes ago, mike23md said:

CB: Norman, Moreau, Dunbar, Stroman, Alexander, Miller, Johnson and Holsey and you add in Webster. I was not thinking of taking a CB at all. 

There's a lot more questions than answers in that group in my mind, but to each their own.

38 minutes ago, mike23md said:

LB: The depth at LB is awful. Reuben had not been cleared yet so had to account for that and with Mason Foster being the Fatboy he is and Zach Brown a cap casualty, I needed more competitors at the position. Happens that there was great need with Pratt and Edwards. 

And if you notice, I didn't say word one about taking two inside linebackers. :)

*live look-in at Woz when seeing both Pratt and Edwards taken*
giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, mike23md said:

TE: Davis is like 900, Sprinkle is just what his name suggests. The rest of the guys are fodder. Reed can't stay healthy. Need a young productive TE. Alize Mack is that guy. 

I agreed with this move as well. Late 5th to shore up the TE corps? Even if he's just a guy, it made sense to me.

40 minutes ago, mike23md said:

G: I don't trust Ereck Flowers as far as I can throw him and he is over 300 lbs. I want someone that could come in and play OG right away. Lindstrom went in the first and the value wasnt there to reach on a guy like McGovern. Herbig was the best choice for the value. Had to do it. 

I will admit: I grumbled a bit at waiting until the 5th for a guard (if I had a second criticism of the draft, it would be that you didn't take multiple interior linemen, maybe a G/C instead of Rypien?). But if that's how the draft rolled out, then that makes sense.

41 minutes ago, mike23md said:

QB: There were no takers on trading for a QB and frankly I couldnt wait any longer for Rypien. He is the most pro ready QB in the draft. 

It's a roll of the dice, but you got an extra pick for it, so I didn't have a problem with it (besides maybe not getting a second interior lineman). He would either ball out or be the backup of the 2020 first, with me putting my money on the latter.

42 minutes ago, mike23md said:

RB: Chris Thompson is always injured. Samaje Perine won't see the field. Peterson and Guice are solid, but need health. Williams is a firecracker and had to grab him. 

Late 6th and grabbing a skill player? Works for me. By that point, the difference between a WR that could have been had there and Wesley is probably minor, so it's kind of a wash.

44 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Edge: Burns is my 2nd rated pass rusher in the class behind Bosa. Bend and speed to get around the edge. He is what we need and I am glad I grabbed him when I did. 

I had zero issue with that move. :D

Archived