Offseason workouts underway (OTA's page 6)

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I really like Jacobs, the other 2 meh...  I'm bummed we lost Crowell to injury.  I felt like he would have been a perfect compliment to Jacobs.  Martin is average but in a proper spot on the depth chart, behind Jacobs.  

Richard is fine as a 3rd down/3rd string back and Martin played okay last year especially later in the season. It sucked to lose Crowell but Martin already knows the system and should be a good mentor for Jacobs.

42 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let's say that your observations are true, which I do not believe they are but for the sake of argument lets just say it is....  Why is the blame solely on Carr?  I beleive you'd be leaving out a very probable cause as well.  What about the fact that he has had absolutely terrible WR's throughout his whole career, Wr's who he clearly never had confidence in and could not gain separation or get open.

Why make 50/50 throws when your WR's are clearly the less skilled of the players he would be throwing the ball to?  It makes a "50/50" throw more like a "60/40" throw in favor of the DB.  I don't blame him for being cautious with the ball. It's similar to the homers who question why he didn't throw the deep ball to Nelson or Altman last year when those 2 clearly were garbage and not to mention he had about 1 second for those sloths to "get deep" before he had tremendous pressure in his grill....

I am re watching the games from last year and tracking what he does with his throws.  Some interesting things tendencies are popping up thru the first couple games.  Carr looks good the first two games and we should have been 2-0.  Carr made some dumb plays were huge reasons why we lost in the Rams game to go along with Goth getting extremely lucky.  We should have one the Broncos game and would have if Carr and Smith could have connected to convert late in the game.  Similar to the Tuck game we still had the opportunity to win after but cold not do what was needed.  Plan on going over a few more games today before work since the family is leaving.

I am not going to say Carr had good to great WRs but he had NFL WRs that can make plays when you give them a chance.  He trusted his WRs the first 2 games until late in the games.  Amari Cooper and Cook are well above average but you have to get them involved.  When Car decided to make the effort to get these two the ball they would produce.  I do not want to hear about the drops because when that happened it would be in a game that Carr ignored him for 3 quarters and then surprise.  No matter how well Carr plays this year I will always put the blame about Cooper on Carr.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I am re watching the games from last year and tracking what he does with his throws.  Some interesting things tendencies are popping up thru the first couple games.  Carr looks good the first two games and we should have been 2-0.  Carr made some dumb plays were huge reasons why we lost in the Rams game to go along with Goth getting extremely lucky.  We should have one the Broncos game and would have if Carr and Smith could have connected to convert late in the game.  Similar to the Tuck game we still had the opportunity to win after but cold not do what was needed.  Plan on going over a few more games today before work since the family is leaving.

I am not going to say Carr had good to great WRs but he had NFL WRs that can make plays when you give them a chance.  He trusted his WRs the first 2 games until late in the games.  Amari Cooper and Cook are well above average but you have to get them involved.  When Car decided to make the effort to get these two the ball they would produce.  I do not want to hear about the drops because when that happened it would be in a game that Carr ignored him for 3 quarters and then surprise.  No matter how well Carr plays this year I will always put the blame about Cooper on Carr.

Cooper is the ultimate Houdini, he will have a big game and then disappear for a few.  There is no doubt that when he gets the ball in his hands he is good, his problem is that he is not consistent enough to win game after game.  He is not Julio Jones, Megatron or AB.  He can't consistently beat doubles, heck most opposing D coordinators didn't waste their time doubling him bc he never warranted they type of coverage.

Clearly your opinion was not the same as the people who watched Cooper practice and play every day (Carr, Gruden, OC etc.)  If Cooper was as good as most homers want to believe he is, he would still be on the Raiders.  Both Carr and Gruden didn't see what you're seeing.  If Cooper is what you claim, we would have never traded away and elite 23 year old receiver with true number 1 potential.  Anyone who was around him day after day knew exactly what Cooper was and we fleeced Dallas for a 1st rounder for him.   We should be very pleased we got what we did for him and for the fact we are not vastly overpaying for an above average WR.  

• Like 1

Cooper is the ultimate Houdini, he will have a big game and then disappear for a few.  There is no doubt that when he gets the ball in his hands he is good, his problem is that he is not consistent enough to win game after game.  He is not Julio Jones, Megatron or AB.  He can't consistently beat doubles, heck most opposing D coordinators didn't waste their time doubling him bc he never warranted they type of coverage.

Clearly your opinion was not the same as the people who watched Cooper practice and play every day (Carr, Gruden, OC etc.)  If Cooper was as good as most homers want to believe he is, he would still be on the Raiders.  Both Carr and Gruden didn't see what you're seeing.  If Cooper is what you claim, we would have never traded away and elite 23 year old receiver with true number 1 potential.  Anyone who was around him day after day knew exactly what Cooper was and we fleeced Dallas for a 1st rounder for him.   We should be very pleased we got what we did for him and for the fact we are not vastly overpaying for an above average WR.  

We traded away the best DE in football so yeah.

• Like 1

If you re-watch the coaches film on GamePass you will a huge amount of plays that Cooper gets open and Carr never looks to his side of the field.  You could say that Carr pre snap read showed him that the better throw was away from double coverage but Cooper would still beat it.  Also there were times teams new they could make it look like a safety was coming over and fool Carr into ignoring half the field.  Carr gets fooled sometimes.  Most will not see the misuse of Cooper until he has a full year with Dallas.  

*   DAL WR 19 9 9 76 53 725 13.7 6 90 5.9 80.6   9.5 1 11 0 11 11.0 1.2 0.1 54 13.6 736 6 2 6
*   OAK wr 89 6 6 31 22 280 12.7 1 36 3.7 46.7   9.0 1 9 0 9 9.0 1.5 0.2 23 12.6 289 1 0 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

We traded away the best DE in football so yeah.

Some people clearly don't get it.  Mack is 28 years old and has an elite physical window of 3 to 4 years left.  Anyone who understands football knows the Raiders would never have won a Super Bowl with Mack and his bloated contract within the next 3 or 4 seasons.  Trading him was a good long term move anyone who does not agree with this is clueless and drinks the media cool aid.  I feel like we should have received more in compensation but trading him was the right move.

Is Mack and all pro talent, yes and there is no debating that but like I have always said all pro talent doesn't equal a Super Bowl victory.  Cooper on the other hand is 24 and has a 7 or 8 year window before his physical skills start to diminish.  You don't trade away an elite game changing WR who is 24 unless that player isn't what the media pumps him up to be...  The Raider brass is smart.  Why is this so hard to comprehend?  

• Like 3

Some people clearly don't get it.  Mack is 28 years old and has an elite physical window of 3 to 4 years left.  Anyone who understands football knows the Raiders would never have won a Super Bowl with Mack and his bloated contract within the next 3 or 4 seasons.  Trading him was a good long term move anyone who does not agree with this is clueless and drinks the media cool aid.  I feel like we should have received more in compensation but trading him was the right move.

Is Mack and all pro talent, yes and there is no debating that but like I have always said all pro talent doesn't equal a Super Bowl victory.  Cooper on the other hand is 24 and has a 7 or 8 year window before his physical skills start to diminish. You don't trade away an elite game changing WR who is 24 unless that player isn't what the media pumps him up to be...  The Raider brass is smart.  Why is this so hard to comprehend?  

NYG disagree!

14 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

NYG disagree!

You're talking about a head case WR that clearly wanted out of NY.  Completely different scenario than with Cooper. The Giants got a lot more in compensation too and rightfully so as OBJ is on a different level than Cooper.

The Browns have a lot of mouthes to feed and if OBJ doesn't get the rock as much as he wants or if the Browns disappoint, watch out.  The drama queen will come out and he will turn into the disgruntled player he was in NY.  Heck of a player but a major head case.  

You mean this guy, a real class act and role model SMH

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're talking about a head case WR that clearly wanted out of NY.  Completely different scenario than with Cooper. The Giants got a lot more in compensation too and rightfully so as OBJ is on a different level than Cooper.

The Browns have a lot of mouthes to feed and if OBJ doesn't get the rock as much as he wants or if the Browns disappoint, watch out.  The drama queen will come out and he will turn into the disgruntled player he was in NY.  Heck of a player but a major head case.  

You mean this guy, a real class act and role model SMH

maxresdefault.jpg

What's wrong with eating Pizza in bed?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The Raider brass is smart.  Why is this so hard to comprehend?  

Because they did not think it through, hence not smart. 5th year hold out or not. 2 franchise tags. Or held out and traded him next season before the draft. Raiders brass got caught with their pants down and rushed a trade right before the season killing chemistry. Earlier poster said we could have went 2-0 and would have had Mack still been on the team, even holding out. He would have came back after a 2-0 start and we'd franchise and traded him for better picks before the draft. If dumbarse fans like myself can see how EASY and how much power we had in our favor and the Raiders brass didn't?!? We have VERY different definitions of 'smart' then...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Is Mack and all pro talent, yes and there is no debating that but like I have always said all pro talent doesn't equal a Super Bowl victory.  Cooper on the other hand is 24 and has a 7 or 8 year window before his physical skills start to diminish.  You don't trade away an elite game changing WR who is 24 unless that player isn't what the media pumps him up to be...  The Raider brass is smart.  Why is this so hard to comprehend?  

I think it's the reverse. Wr won't hurt you. The end does. Qbs and pass rush rule in the NFL.  Deandre Hopkins is top 3 Wr and how well have they done until he's had an NFL qb? 

Carr and Mack are same age really and have similar window. Obviously qb has longer longevity usually. 

Either way doesnt matter they both gone now.