Offseason workouts underway (OTA's page 6)

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Lamarucs Joyner, Tyrell Williams, Antonio Brown, Trent Brown, and Josh Jacobs with another extra first rounder next year over Khalil Mack all day everyday!!!

We essentially traded K. Mack for T. Williams, AB, and J. Jacobs.  So 3,500 yards of offense for 12-15 sacks a season.  Without the trade, we would've probably been able to get T. Williams but no AB or Jacobs.  Just the way I see it.  Just the way it is.  I think we made the right choice.

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

We essentially traded K. Mack for T. Williams, AB, and J. Jacobs.  So 3,500 yards of offense for 12-15 sacks a season.  Without the trade, we would've probably been able to get T. Williams but no AB or Jacobs.  Just the way I see it.  Just the way it is.  I think we made the right choice.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/khalil-mack-14414/# - K. Mack at 26+ million a season after this year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/antonio-brown-6702/ - AB at 15 million and 17 million after this year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/tyrell-williams-17039/ - T. Williams at 10-11 million a season.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/ - J. Jacobs estimated at a little over 2 million a season.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/cap/2020/ - Chicago Bears 2020 cap space is estimated at almost -25 million (Mack's contract).  I'm sure they'll be able to adjust, but if that isn't an extremely tough situation to be in, then I don't know what is.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/cap/2020/ - Raiders 2020 cap space is estimated at 44 million.  I'm sure it'll change, and we are listed as having only 46 players in 2020 compared to the Bears 68 players, but this is a much better position to be in.  

I just would not want to be in their situation, paying one player (not a QB) 14% of their cap.  According to Spotrac, M. Trubisky's market value is listed at 26.5 million a season.  Plus they're going into next year's draft without a 1st, 3rd, or 4th round pick (2 second round picks).  We have 2 in the first and 2 in the third (no second or fifth round picks).

You take all of this into consideration, and I think we are much better set up for the future compared to them.  They may have the better team now, but that can all change in a year or two when it comes time to pay their players, and they won't have too many young players coming in via the draft to replace them when FA hits them.

8 hours ago, dante9876 said:

How did all that equal to Mack not being here. Jacob's and trent brown are probably not here for sure. The other 3 could be had with mack still on the roster. And yes we all rather have a balance roster than one HOF and a bunch of bums. Doesnt mean we got as much as we could have out of trading mack. 

We had a fixed amount of guaranteed money we could afford. Those 4 players would not have been options if we had commited 90 million to Mack. Instead it was split between those 4 players. Simple math.

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Don't agree! His wallet would have dropped and dropped and dropped

He doesn't care. He was out to prove a point. He wanted to be paid what he felt he was worth or he wasn't playing

• Like 1

9 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Who have you ever seen sit out a whole year and don't say bell because his situation is different. 

How is his situation different?

Mack saw a glimpse at his future by looking at the Cousins and Bell situations. His agent said we have to set the precedent. Don't let them dictate the next 3 years of your life.

He wasn't going to play. 

I think it’s a little too early to say that the Raiders trading Mack was a good idea. Pretty much every one the raiders signed or drafted are unproven with the exception of Antonio Brown. Mack has already made an impact in Chi, what sort of impact these new players have in Oak/LV have yet to be seen and if anything is unpredictable it’s then NFL. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

How is his situation different?

Mack saw a glimpse at his future by looking at the Cousins and Bell situations. His agent said we have to set the precedent. Don't let them dictate the next 3 years of your life.

He wasn't going to play. 

Cousins didnt sit out a year so why are you using him as an example? Somehow you know what Macks agent said is amazing. Plus since Mack was under contract he would have had to report by certain time or lose an accrude season, not to mention fines on top of not getting paid.

Edited by raidr4life

If we used the 5th year option on Mack he could not sit out and force us to use the tag the next year.  He would have had to play on the 5th year option again.  That is how his situation is different than Bell's.  Bell's agent found a loop hole for the franchise tag not the 5th year option.

22 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Or we can lock mine I forgot about this one I probably could have put all that here. Its up to the mods

Nope not that easy. The fff rules say you must enter the octagon and brawl to the death.... Or a meme war/party

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

If we used the 5th year option on Mack he could not sit out and force us to use the tag the next year.  He would have had to play on the 5th year option again.  That is how his situation is different than Bell's.  Bell's agent found a loop hole for the franchise tag not the 5th year option.

Yup team had all the leverage if they had chose to use it.