Offseason workouts underway (OTA's page 6)

RaidersAreOne

The Athletic just published a Q&A with Kolton Miller earlier today, it had some interesting tidbits. He's up to 330 pounds and has been doing a bunch of boxing/MMA training this offseason to improve his mobility and footwork. He also said that he has been living in the weight room and has gotten much stronger since the end of last season. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Athletic just published a Q&A with Kolton Miller earlier today, it had some interesting tidbits. He's up to 330 pounds and has been doing a bunch of boxing/MMA training this offseason to improve his mobility and footwork. He also said that he has been living in the weight room and has gotten much stronger since the end of last season. 

If he proves the haters wrong, there'll be alot of crow eating here. If he does, the OL will be a strength, which helps Carr immensely.  If given time to throw, he's going to have alot of fun with his new toys.

36 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Thank god. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

If he proves the haters wrong, there'll be alot of crow eating here. If he does, the OL will be a strength, which helps Carr immensely.  If given time to throw, he's going to have alot of fun with his new toys.

He has to develop into an all-pro LT to prove this hater wrong. They passed on an all-pro talent to draft him. 

I hope he's grown and can become a stud 

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He has to develop into an all-pro LT to prove this hater wrong. They passed on an all-pro talent to draft him. 

Sucks he was drafted with Ramsey sitting there, but that wasn't his fault. He's received a lot of criticism for being over drafted, but was put in a terrible position at no fault of his own. He got thrown to the wolves when he wasn't ready and had Cable as his coach. That's a perfect storm for disaster. I truly feel bad for the kid. Hopefully he turns it around.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Sucks he was drafted with James sitting there, but that wasn't his fault. He's received a lot of criticism for being over drafted, but was put in a terrible position at no fault of his own. He got thrown to the wolves when he wasn't ready and had Cable as his coach. That's a perfect storm for disaster. I truly feel bad for the kid. Hopefully he turns it around.

;)

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

An above average LT is more valuable than an all-pro safety though. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:
1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

An above average LT is more valuable than an all-pro safety though. 

Well to be fair Gruden said they passed on All-Pro talent because we drafted Safety high in the 2nd and 1st rounds of our last 2 drafts. 
Sounds like Gruden doesnt go for BPA but BPA at a position of need. Which in honesty I dont mind, just sucks cause i feel like 80% of raider fans wanted james last year. 

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Well to be fair Gruden said they passed on All-Pro talent because we drafted Safety high in the 2nd and 1st rounds of our last 2 drafts. 
Sounds like Gruden doesnt go for BPA but BPA at a position of need. Which in honesty I dont mind, just sucks cause i feel like 80% of raider fans wanted james last year. 

Imagine passing on James for Obi.