Offseason workouts underway (OTA's page 6)

RaidersAreOne

On 17/04/2019 at 11:37 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

On 18/04/2019 at 2:25 AM, big_palooka said:

Nobody tell him who's coaching them 

Yeh, this is just perfect for our old school, man on man, power blocking sche......... oh wait.........:S

Edited by Darbsk

16 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:
1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, this is just perfect for our old school, man on man, power blocking sche......... oh wait.........:S

The playcalling evolved into more power blocking/inside zone during the second half of the season.

You're not wrong but we did try and shoehorn our previously well performing and cohesive unit into a markedly different scheme with predictable results. Hopefully we learned our lessons............though I have my doubts. 

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

You're not wrong but we did try and shoehorn our previously well performing and cohesive unit into a markedly different scheme with predictable results. Hopefully we learned our lessons............though I have my doubts. 

I think they will. Martin thrived in a gap scheme last year and indications were that he was their first choice ahead of Crowell as the primary backup this offseason. And if they watched any of Trent Brown's tape last season, they would have seen the Patriots effectively countering the leaguewide trend of smaller and quicker defensive fronts with a power running game.

• Like 1