Offseason workouts underway (OTA's page 6)

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

No pads. No pass rush. It won’t be like that on September 9th.

True, but it's a beautifully thrown ball and beating Lamarcus Joyner I think who's one of our best in coverage. I for one am excited to see how the Carr/Brown connection evolves and who they go up against in camp will be intriguing.........

32 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

True, but it's a beautifully thrown ball and beating Lamarcus Joyner I think who's one of our best in coverage. I for one am excited to see how the Carr/Brown connection evolves and who they go up against in camp will be intriguing.........

That was Joyner as you said and while he is not an elite CB, he has the speed to keep up with AB and while AB has a step on him it is not a big window especially with the sideline near. This is a throw one would expect his franchise QB would make 10/10 especially to a start WR, but hey they made it happen, so it is nice to see that right now they are where they need to be.

Carr will have every tool he needs to succed, so if the OL can give him a little time he should be playing really well.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I would like to see that more often and hope he improves.  I am not to sure where AB is coming from but on the routes where the WR is hugging the sideline Carr usually gets to catious and floats it out of bounds where his WR has an extremely small chance if any to make the catch.  Carr tends to be more accurate with crossing routes and routes from the TE and Slot where he has more room to work with and the receiver can adjust.  We lost our TE but at least we have some players now out of the slot that do not have hands of concrete.  For some reason I remember Carr throwing good outside balls to Jordy a few times last year also.  Does anyone know where we can get some stats about this so I am not just word vomiting my opinion.

With Joyner covering Brown in that clip. Hopefully that means they’re moving Brown around and allowing him to play in the slot where I think he could be more dangerous from. Having Tyrell Williams outside who can lift the top off the defense gives the Raiders the luxury of doing this without sacrificing. Guys like Grant, Nelson, Renfrow and Doss need to show they can play inside as well as outside. 

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I would like to see that more often and hope he improves.  I am not to sure where AB is coming from but on the routes where the WR is hugging the sideline Carr usually gets to catious and floats it out of bounds where his WR has an extremely small chance if any to make the catch.  Carr tends to be more accurate with crossing routes and routes from the TE and Slot where he has more room to work with and the receiver can adjust.  We lost our TE but at least we have some players now out of the slot that do not have hands of concrete.  For some reason I remember Carr throwing good outside balls to Jordy a few times last year also.  Does anyone know where we can get some stats about this so I am not just word vomiting my opinion.

No site that I know off well give you that kind of detailed stat. PFF gets close if you buy the premium but still isn't what you're looking for.

You have to just watch every throw he made last year. I'm more than half way through and charting the results.

I can say one thing though. This sentence,  especially the usually part, is a characterization.

but on the routes where the WR is hugging the sideline Carr usually gets to catious and floats it out of bounds where his WR has an extremely small chance if any to make the catch.