Offseason workouts underway (OTA's page 6)

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Sounds like Crosby - Hurst - Ferrell - Key on 3 and long.  Hopefully we can get some pressure on QBs this year.

5 hours ago, Tamar Raider said:

It'd be good to be able to pressure the opposition QB's again.

I look forward to the day we can stack 40+ sacks a season.  I don't think we have hit that number in decades.  We really need to invest in our front 7.

On 6/4/2019 at 12:27 PM, drfrey13 said:

I will be happily proven wrong about everything if my team gets back to playing fun and exciting football.  I watch it for entertainment and would like to get back to enjoying it again.  Good luck to all. 

AMEN!!! 

I would like NOTHING BETTER than a HUGE bowl of crow and the rest of the posters saying 'SEE G now STFU' and me saying 'OK'   :D

• Like 1

21 hours ago, raidr4life said:

It wouldn't be top 3 without Mack Ugh. And it's pretty much a fact that a lock down top 3 defense has more impact than an offense going from 28th to 21st.

Make me spell it out for you and I will.

2017 Offense ppg 16.5

2018 - 25.6

2017 Defense ppg 20.0

2018 - 17.6

If the offense doesn't improve from 16.5 ppg to 25.6 ppg, then it doesn't matter which defense you have, 2017 or 2018, you're scoring less than what you give up.

The only fact I see is that 9.1 more ppg is greater than 2.4 less ppg. The rest is opinion on your part.

Edited by true2form

3 hours ago, true2form said:

Make me spell it out for you and I will.

2017 Offense ppg 16.5

2018 - 25.6

2017 Defense ppg 20.0

2018 - 17.6

If the offense doesn't improve from 16.5 ppg to 25.6 ppg, then it doesn't matter which defense you have, 2017 or 2018, you're scoring less than what you give up.

The only fact I see is that 9.1 more ppg is greater than 2.4 less ppg. The rest is opinion on your part.

Ok valid points. I still don't agree with people all of a sudden saying Mack didn't make a impact or didn't help us win games, the few games we did win Mack was a huge part of us winning them and made the garbage we had a little less garbage, like when he beat a triple team for a game ending sack when they were driving for the win. I mean why need pass rushers at all if they don't help you win games. One man can't do it all, but without that one man that 6-10 season is a 3-13, 2-14 season. we needed LB, CB, and DL basically and entire defense to help out. With that being said trading him and trying to rebuild this defense is the right move.

Edited by raidr4life

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Great news and having Joseph working with him on the first unit is also great news.  No more Nelson and Gilchrist or Nelson and anybody.  HE is another safety I would have waited to take but if he can start day 1 and play well that justifies going in the first for me.

50 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Great news and having Joseph working with him on the first unit is also great news.  No more Nelson and Gilchrist or Nelson and anybody.  HE is another safety I would have waited to take but if he can start day 1 and play well that justifies going in the first for me.

Yea our secondary as a whole is much stronger and deeper. Abram and Nelson up top. Harris and Riley as depth with Joyner mixing in. Conley and Worley on each side with Joyner in the slot. Mullen, Johnson, Nelson and Lawson as depth at CB.

That is wayyyyy younger, faster, meaner and versatile. 

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yea our secondary as a whole is much stronger and deeper. Abram and Nelson up top. Harris and Riley as depth with Joyner mixing in. Conley and Worley on each side with Joyner in the slot. Mullen, Johnson, Nelson and Lawson as depth at CB.

That is wayyyyy younger, faster, meaner and versatile. 

I like it, WRs were mega overhauled as well. I feel like overall we made good incremental progress up and down the roster. Still hella worried about pass rush though.

• Like 3