I want 2 edge rushers in this draft

James Lofton

For years I've been pining for an edge rusher in the first round of the draft. And year after year after year I get disappointed. So this year I want two. One in the first round and another from this list. So manny fun prospects. Don't tell me about the Smiths we got in free agency -- I'll be happy if they get 15 sacks combined. I want someone that can become a guy teams worry about.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-draft-edge-rankings-043529002.html

6 minutes ago, blankman0021 said:

What four?

Any number really. But for edge, I really like Banogu, Polite, Miller, and to a  lesser extent Winovich on day two and another on day three (but esp Joe Jackson).

TE: Warring, Sternberger, Moreau for day two and any number on day three. 

There's a lot to like and different types too.

Edit: and that's not counting Nelson and Zack Allen who are more DL.

1 minute ago, JaireAlex said:

Any number really. But for edge, I really like Banogu, Polite, Miller, and to a  lesser extent Winovich on day two and another on day three (but esp Joe Jackson).

TE: Warring, Sternberger, Moreau for day two and any number on day three. 

There's a lot to like and different types too.

Like a lot of those guys.

Polite is off my board. Any player who admits they don't care about studying tape isn't going to make it in the NFL. 

7 minutes ago, blankman0021 said:

Like a lot of those guys.

Polite is off my board. Any player who admits they don't care about studying tape isn't going to make it in the NFL. 

To me the only question is whether he will in pros. I really think so. I was very happy  with his interviews. Like him a lot.

Not being ready for "business" and "being a pro" I don't make much of. He seems to love football. He learned from it imo. Someone may get a steal. I think he has the tools for more than just edge rusher. Just my opinion. The only issue at all is weight, which is less a concern for me in round 2 or 3 than at 12. Will be interesting who takes him. GB had definite interest with an official interview and the natural athleticism and instincts you can see. And his hammy hurt all his tests as far as I can tell. He had good speed in college.

12 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

To me the only question is whether he will in pros. I really think so. I was very happy  with his interviews. Like him a lot.

Not being ready for "business" and "being a pro" I don't make much of. He seems to love football. He learned from it imo. Someone may get a steal. I think he has the tools for more than just edge rusher. Just my opinion. The only issue at all is weight, which is less a concern for me in round 2 or 3 than at 12. Will be interesting who takes him. GB had definite interest with an official interview and the natural athleticism and instincts you can see. And his hammy hurt all his tests as far as I can tell. He had good speed in college.

Honestly curious - what interviews? Everything I saw was pretty rough, and I heard the combine interviews held were even worse. Could be posturing by teams that like him... but when there's smoke theres fire. 

Doesn't mean he can't play in the NFL. Just doesn't feel like a packers pick IMO. 

Just now, blankman0021 said:

Honestly curious - what interviews? Everything I saw was pretty rough, and I heard the combine interviews held were even worse. Could be posturing by teams that like him... but when there's smoke theres fire. 

Doesn't mean he can't play in the NFL. Just doesn't feel like a packers pick IMO. 

How this plays out will be fascinating to me is all.

I just reread Pauline's comment from the combine that the Pack was real interested in Polite. Forgot about that, and Pauline has a real feel for GB over the years even under the tight-lipped TT regime.

The interviews: I watched all of Polite's combine and pro day interviews. He did not at all come off as folks are portraying him. The tweets by scouts about his horrible interview struck me as total BS (aka deliberate smoke screen). Just how I see it. 

Was he badly prepared? Yeah. But totally different from Burfict imo. Polite was injured, but did work out for the combine. I really like Polite. Just think he shouldn't have put that weight on. He really didn't know what the combine was about. Not his fault imo. And more important-- he learned from it. Just my take.

I'll be watching him draft day. Really, I think all the bad news on Polite was scouts throwing out smoke. Again, my personal take because I just don't see that.

Pauline is fine as a draft analyst but when was the last time his Packers "rumors" were any closer than Joe Schmo? I just found a blurb that said the Packers were really hoping to move Bakh inside to G to upgrade the T position. In 2016. Others I found is they were going to draft Jerell Adam's in the 3rd and the Packers were super high on Stephone Anthony. 

Archived