We need to stay away from Dwayne Haskins

Vladimir L

I disagree. I agree with some of that breakdown completely!!! But nore then a few times has he thrown passes not squared!! Watch the Maryland game!!! It’s like watching someone play a horrible half. Come out and grow in even worse situations throwing lanes!! The end of the season you Watch Haskins you see the best QB in the class!!! He def missed!! He missed throws passes sometimes it looked like he expected the WR do go the Wr would stutter and go like idk there were def communication misses for sure!! Def had footing and body issues early season under pressure. He’s got holes he’s still a heck of a talent!!!!

• Like 1

This is a horrible comparison. Haskins can make every throw, he processes information quickly and isn't Uber athletic but is big and strong in the pocket and Csn maneuver the pocket. 

People have compared him to Ben Roethlisberger and I like that comparison, I think he also compares to Warren Moon. @e16bball Compared him to Carson Palmer and I think that fits too.

The only thing Haskins has going against him is lack of experience - which is the same for Murray and shouldn't matter bc he's young and has years to develop - and that he’s not athletic, which shouldn't matter for a QB. If a QB is a great passer and a great athlete that's a bonus, but almost all QBs in the NFL aren't as athletic as position players.

• 5 months later...
On 4/15/2019 at 10:10 PM, Vladimir L said:

I smell a Jason Campbell dink and dunk it immobile QB who cant anticipate throws. 

That’s so far off base. Haskins moves well in the pocket. He’s shown the ability to skid in the pocket, reset and fire downfield.

Did you watch the preseason?

He would evade traffic in his face get outside the pocket and fire it 20 plus yards downfield. We saw him do this numerous times, and throwing against his body rolling to the left too.

Haskins needs work, he needs to play and develop. It’s going to be an up and down few years but by 2021, he should be pretty much developed and our passing offense could look even better than it did in 2016.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1