We need to stay away from Dwayne Haskins

Vladimir L

48 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Looks like we can just sign Tannehill and win the Super Bowl. Problem solved. Rock solid metric. Seems to be very little noise from quality of teammates and scheme baked in there. 

I imagine he’d scoot up that line a good bit if it didn’t include the games where he got shoved in there in relief. His passer rating in his starts is 71.3, compared to 34.5 in those two relief efforts. Probably would still be last, but what else could anyone have expected given the circumstances?

It will be interesting to see where things go for him next season, which I do think will be basically a make-or-break year for him. It’s a big offseason for him — hopefully he puts in the work and the team makes the necessary upgrades in talent and coaching. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Looks like we can just sign Tannehill and win the Super Bowl. Problem solved. Rock solid metric. Seems to be very little noise from quality of teammates and scheme baked in there. 

I imagine he’d scoot up that line a good bit if it didn’t include the games where he got shoved in there in relief. His passer rating in his starts is 71.3, compared to 34.5 in those two relief efforts. Probably would still be last, but what else could anyone have expected given the circumstances?

It will be interesting to see where things go for him next season, which I do think will be basically a make-or-break year for him. It’s a big offseason for him — hopefully he puts in the work and the team makes the necessary upgrades in talent and coaching. 

Small sample sizes are certainly a factor, but throwing out a metric because of outliers is something you should be smarter than.

I don't even count the 2 games he was thrown in.

Gruden hardly even had him practicing reps from what I understand.

Instead of his own specific plays to study, he handed him a dictionary as a playbook & said "there you go".

Then threw him in there, when we were getting our butt kicked in both games.

And are we even running the right system for Haskins?

Callahan finally runs a fast paced look vs GB in the 4th & he connects to Scary Terry for a TD.

Hopefully, we get a GM & coach that will be smart enough, to put Haskins in a situation to succeed. And give him the players around him, to help make that happen.

• Like 3

I'm so glad we have him, he showed so much promise and potential yesterday. He would have had over 300 yards passing w/ maybe 3 TDs if Steven Sims Jr didn't drop 3 balls, but yes, outside of that Sims played awesome. Still, he HAS to make those catches for Haskins.

He’s poised, a hard worker, intelligent, seems like a good leader and has a rocket arm. I'm looking forward to next year with him throwing to Terry, Sims, Jr., Harmon & hopefully a good TE we draft or sign.

I think our future is bright with Haskins at the helm.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Just checked into this thread and yes, I agree. He made a few BIGTIME,  elite even, throws. The T D to Sims was just incredible, great READ and even better throw.  He does something weird too- He was rolling left and it's like he comes off the ground and compacts his body and the ball flies out ! He made a great throw ( I think Sims again ) Then the  T D to Mclaurin - pretty . No interceptions and no sacks ! Damn, I almost hate he's getting my hopes up. :/

• Like 2