We need to stay away from Dwayne Haskins

Vladimir L

On 12/16/2019 at 1:31 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

Noticeable improvement:

One thing I just noticed (I watched the game again), is that he is (most of the time) making the correct reads and throwing to the right receiver.

In a new offense, most rookies struggle with that.

As he gets his footwork fixed and he gets fooled by defenses less and less, he will (hopefully) grow by leaps and bounds.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2019 at 7:31 PM, offbyone said:

I want to hear from all the people here that thought he shouldn't play at all this season.  

They be silent, but when he throw an interception next preseason, they be talkin again! - In my Smokey voice.

Edited by turtle28

I want to hear from all the people here that thought he shouldn't play at all this season.  

I’ll raise my hand and admit it. He had 1 season of starts at Ohio State and a bunch of us thought he needed a year in the lab, especially after the preseason  I didn’t want him playing for Gruden either, who we all knew wouldn’t be here anyway. I mean it took him until week 14 to have a solid game. Does 2 average to above average starts have you convinced he’s the guy long term? Of course not. I am glad he showed improvement in what was about as chaotic a rookie season a quarterback can have. Going forward, the kid needs to know who his head coach and OC will be as soon as possible, he should really be demanding it. They can draft all the Chase Young’s and sign all the Amari Coopers they want, but if they don’t get this coaching hire right this kid and this franchise are screwed all over again. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

I’ll raise my hand and admit it. He had 1 season of starts at Ohio State and a bunch of us thought he needed a year in the lab, especially after the preseason  I didn’t want him playing for Gruden either, who we all knew wouldn’t be here anyway. I mean it took him until week 14 to have a solid game. Does 2 average to above average starts have you convinced he’s the guy long term? Of course not. I am glad he showed improvement in what was about as chaotic a rookie season a quarterback can have. Going forward, the kid needs to know who his head coach and OC will be as soon as possible, he should really be demanding it. They can draft all the Chase Young’s and sign all the Amari Coopers they want, but if they don’t get this coaching hire right this kid and this franchise are screwed all over again. 

Oh come on. We all know it’s going to be Bill Callahan with Bruce Allen by his side at the presser. You can see it coming a mile away. 

• Like 1

I didn't want him to start because I didn't see him catching on as quickly as he did once actually practicing and getting a game plan the fit him. It seems with Gruden as HC much focus wasn't put into Haskins development. Gruden was Colt 1st than Keenum, and Haskins last. Great to see we have a young QB who seems to be self-motivated to get better each and every week. Put a coaching staff that believes and can build around Haskins this will be a team reckon with in the next 2 years, especially if they get Chase Young on the opposite side on defense. 

I was both sides of the coin. Either don't play him and develop him, or play him from the beginning, take his lumps, and learn that way. Monkeying around and having him sit 5 weeks then two more or whatever it was felt so silly. And we saw how not ready he was until his last two games of the season.