Seahawks extend Russell Wilson QB with a new Contract

49erurtaza

10 minutes ago, Non-Issue said:

I am one of the sites members that is the least prone to sticker shock and I am like... HOLYCRAPTHATSALOTTAGUARANTEEDMONEY!!!!!!

It's so tough to valuate Russel Wilson. Because on the one hand his tangibles aren't exactly world beating and on the other hand his intangibles ARE world beating. He isn't going to go out and throw 350/3 a game. But he is going to run, scramble,fight for daylight and move the chains seemingly every time he needs to. Plus he is a fan favorite. The city of Seattle adores him. He has a great rapport with the staff and other players. So I mean... I can see it. But at the same time you are kinda like... for Russel Wilson?

Thats how it goes though. Next year someone will get a 36 million dollar contract. And then a 38 million dollar contract. And by the end of this contract Russel Wilson will be the 8th or 10th highest paid QB in the league. So it is what it is.

Exactly. Its a Non-Issue

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I can't decide what I hate more, Russell Wilson and his stupid face or the fact that everyone else hates Wisconsin alumnus Russell Wilson when I'm reflexively supposed to defend him.

This is infuriating.

But tbh the answer is I hate Russell Wilson more. ******* Darren Rovell reincarnated.

BTW, did you know that he's married to Ciara? He and the media don't talk about this enough.

Wilson’s deal runs through the 2023 season, during which he will turn 35 years old. So, if he were to play out this contract, he’d hit free agency again at age 35. Wilson has said he wants to play until he’s 45, so he’s likely satisfied with this contract not only because of what it pays him now, but because he can still hit free agency again when he still expects to be in his prime.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/16/wilson-will-average-2-million-a-year-more-than-rodgers/