Seahawks extend Russell Wilson QB with a new Contract

49erurtaza

10 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Russell gave each of his 13 offensive linemen 12k in Amazon stock to thank them for their part in him being able to support his family. Totaling about 1/10 of 1% of what he got but it's the thought that counts...

TBF, I wouldn't give several of my friends/coworkers 1/10th of a percent of what I get.

• Like 4

On 4/16/2019 at 8:54 PM, Kiwibrown said:

As rush been exceptionally beat up? I thought he was good at avoiding big hits.

He is exceptionally good at avoiding big hits when scrambling. Unfortunately, when you're the most sacked QB in the league for years and years because your OL is the epitome of garbage, that just starts to add up over time - coupled with age. Wilson has still never missed a game or practice, which is just hella impressive for a mobile QB.

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Russell gave each of his 13 offensive linemen 12k in Amazon stock to thank them for their part in him being able to support his family. Totaling about 1/10 of 1% of what he got but it's the thought that counts...

Yeah let's shame the guy who gave 12k to each of his offensive lineman as a thank you because it was only 1/10 of his new contract. What a really horrible person! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

Seriously?

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah let's shame the guy who gave 12k to each of his offensive lineman as a thank you because it was only 1/10 of his new contract. What a really horrible person! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

Seriously?

1/10 of 1%. I'm not shaming him, it made the news. He may get them Christmas gifts every year or yearly gifts at some time like a lot of QBs do, or used to anyway, I just don't think it should have been newsworthy when it is like someone who makes 50k give $5 to someone. Or $5 for 13 guys to split.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

1/10 of 1%. I'm not shaming him, it made the news. He may get them Christmas gifts every year or yearly gifts at some time like a lot of QBs do, or used to anyway, I just don't think it should have been newsworthy when it is like someone who makes 50k give $5 to someone. Or $5 for 13 guys to split.

Except $12,000 in stock isn't $5 (not even relatively), and $12,000 in stock for a lot of those guys on the OL who don't make a lot of money (sans Duane Brown maybe) is a considerable amount. So yes, it is news and no matter how you spin it it's a good thing to do.

Crap on how corny he is on social media all you want (because he is, it's cringy AF), but this was still a nice thing to do regardless.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2019 at 3:11 PM, theJ said:
On 16/04/2019 at 3:02 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Just waiting for that QB bubble to pop.

Can anyone foresee a time if these numbers keep getting bigger and the cap rises slower that we will have a rule whereby 1 player can't make more than X% of the cap?

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Can anyone foresee a time if these numbers keep getting bigger and the cap rises slower that we will have a rule whereby 1 player can't make more than X% of the cap?

Not anytime that i could reasonably see.  

Football is different from basketball in that even the most influential person on the field is still only 1 of 22 (as opposed to 1/10).  And out of a total of 53 guys on the roster, instead of 12 or w/e number basketball teams keep.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Not anytime that i could reasonably see.  

Football is different from basketball in that even the most influential person on the field is still only 1 of 22 (as opposed to 1/10).  And out of a total of 53 guys on the roster, instead of 12 or w/e number basketball teams keep.

Plus I hate that rule in basketball. It essentially is what creates the super team problem in the NBA. 

• Like 1