***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

@sdrawkcab321

The stones were just too powerful for him. Look at the effect the stones left on The Hulk who still has his right arm in a sling even after it's conclusion, and in terms of strength and exposure to radiation, Hulks far more suited to be wearing the Iron Gauntlet. Realistically, would it just be Hulk, Thor and Capt Marvel strong enough among the Avengers to wear the gauntlet, use it and survive?

I'm in the UK (just went to a late showing as I'm off work tomorrow), and even though it started 10pm my time, whole cinema was buzzing and there were so many amazing moments. People crying. Cheers, Tension e.t.c. Yeh there is some fan-service to us Marvel fans but it met my expectations and more.

The moment Captain America used Mjolnir the cinema erupted in cheers

Definitely one of the best cinema experiences I've been part of and I usually hate packed cinemas. Will wait till the spoiler tags are lifted completely to post further thoughts.

For me the highlights of the film were as follows:

-    Overall the fact that there were just so many call backs to the MCU and little things that you notice have been engrained into the 21 previous films that are just nice little touches here and there.

-    When Cap is in the elevator with Crossbones and the other Hyrda Agents and whispers “Hail Hyrdra” in a little coda to Captain America: Steve Rogers, Vol. 1. The fact that it happened in an elevator alluding to Winter Soldier was also freakin’ awesome.
-    I absolutely love that Carol went to her more recognized haircut in this film.
-    When THE WHOLE DAMN SQUAD arrived on Earth to help after Falcon radios in to Cap. I mean it was predictable that backup was coming but then you see EVERY FREAKIN BODY! I was expecting everyone that was snapped but then you throw in Pepper as Rescue, Wong and all of sorcerers, Mbaku and all of Wakanda, Valkyrie and all of New Asgard. Was just freakin’ crazy!
-    When Thor comes to fight using Mjolnir and Storm Breaker and uses them effectively but then when you think it’s Thor calling Mjolnir but it’s freakin’ Cap of all people calling it and how damn effectively he used it.
-    Scarlet Witch going all House of M on Thanos in retribution for Vision and the only thing stopping her from kicking his *** being him firing on every one.
-    The scene with Valkyrie, Rescue (Pepper), Shuri, Okoye, Wasp, Scarlett Witch and Nebula all step up to help Carol reach the van.
-    Though predictable, Cap electing to go back and get his dance with Peggy and living out life and then giving the Shield to Sam in an coda to the comic books.
-    Ending Phases 1-3 the way it started; We end Iron Man 1 with Tony saying “I am Iron Man” and we end End Game with Tony saying those exact same words.
-    Tying into this, Tony’s funeral was also perfect because it basically showed how Iron Man was the launching point for the MCU and how all those characters and teams would not be around together without him. Even included the damn kid from Iron Man 3!

20 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

The scene with Valkyrie, Rescue (Pepper), Shuri, Okoye, Wasp, Scarlett Witch and Nebula all step up to help Carol reach the van.

This was so on the nose and forced. Usually I am good with stuff like this. The fight in Infinity War for instance was good. This however, in a giant battle, it just so happens that EVERY female hero in the MCU shows up in the same place? Instead, it would have been more organic to have Carol get hung up periodically and have each or a couple at once help her through the battlefield instead of gathering up at once.

• Like 2