***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

Teared up when Tony died. Although I knew it was gonna happen as soon as I saw his daughter. I'm surprised they kept as many people alive as they did.

I agree I did not like what they did with Steve and Thor. Thor should have stayed with Asgard but I guess this means Hemsworth is wanting to come back to the MCU. 

And what happened to the worst kept secret that Bucky was supposed to take over as Cap? And speaking of Cap how did he just all of a sudden decided to age normally over 40 years when he withstood being frozen and not aging a day? They didnt do a great job on that. 

Very pleased with the ending battle. They had me really worried with CM after they said this was the Avengers movie but it ended well. But I dont see how what happened was 1 out of 14 million. Tony could have done that in 14 million different ways. 

First movie was better. Thanos finally turned into the villain when he got back to Earth. All in all, this movie ended well. Not perfect IMO but something like this was never going to end perfectly. 

10 years of waiting just came to an end and its ending at a Perkins where I am treating myself to pancakes!

2 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Just one q. Who was the kid they panned off during starks funeral at the end?

awesome movie. 

Kid from Iron Man 3.

It's going to take me some time to formulate my opinions on this movie. 

Edited by Bullet Club

Too much to unpack in one post but my favorite scene of the whole movie (sans when all the fallen arrive at the end) is the scene when they first find Thor playing Fortnite in his house. That scene was amazing.

I also don't like how they ended Cap's arc, that just seemed really bad. That's my only complaint though. Everything else was great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Teared up when Tony died. Although I knew it was gonna happen as soon as I saw his daughter. I'm surprised they kept as many people alive as they did.

I agree I did not like what they did with Steve and Thor. Thor should have stayed with Asgard but I guess this means Hemsworth is wanting to come back to the MCU. 

And what happened to the worst kept secret that Bucky was supposed to take over as Cap? And speaking of Cap how did he just all of a sudden decided to age normally over 40 years when he withstood being frozen and not aging a day? They didnt do a great job on that. 

Very pleased with the ending battle. They had me really worried with CM after they said this was the Avengers movie but it ended well. But I dont see how what happened was 1 out of 14 million. Tony could have done that in 14 million different ways. 

First movie was better. Thanos finally turned into the villain when he got back to Earth. All in all, this movie ended well. Not perfect IMO but something like this was never going to end perfectly. 

10 years of waiting just came to an end and its ending at a Perkins where I am treating myself to pancakes!

Simple answer?  They decided to subvert expectations while also seeing how much money Black Panther made, so they decided to make the new Captain America into Sam so they have another African-American led franchise character.  It looks like they have also have precedent, as a 2012-15 comic arc had the character become Captain America as well.  

Also, agree 100% on Captain Marvel.  I also think we are oversimplifying the one in 14 million just being Tony Stark's sacrifice.  What also plays into it are Banner and the Hulk meshing into one, the odds of a rat reactivating the Quantum Realm machine after five years and returning Ant-Man to the real world and a host of other plot items that happened that have long odds/chances attached to them.  

Edited by naptownskinsfan

Sam as Captain America is definitely something I'm not interested in. 

I know there was a story arc pertaining to that in the comics. Not sure how well received it was

Captain Marvel is a badass 

Movie was good, not as good as Infinity War imo

Edited by Knowledge

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Reveal hidden contents

20 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

The scene with Valkyrie, Rescue (Pepper), Shuri, Okoye, Wasp, Scarlett Witch and Nebula all step up to help Carol reach the van.

This was so on the nose and forced. Usually I am good with stuff like this. The fight in Infinity War for instance was good. This however, in a giant battle, it just so happens that EVERY female hero in the MCU shows up in the same place? Instead, it would have been more organic to have Carol get hung up periodically and have each or a couple at once help her through the battlefield instead of gathering up at once.

It certainly felt forced but it's no different than in the comics where teams that all meet one certain demographic always somehow manage to team up for a one shot series, etc.

7 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I did not like Steve’s and Thor’s ending. 

I like what they did with Steve. At some point he has to move on and - regardless of the 9 picture deal - he's been hinting at wanting to stop fighting and just settle down since Avengers 1. Thor's ending I absolutely hated. He just doesn't fit with the GoTG unless he stays out of shape thus nerfing him still.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

My question is this...

With Natasha dead, how are they going to treat the Black Widow movie?

I imagine the conversation went as so...

Kevin Feige: So the Russo's wanna kill you to furhter the plot of End Game along but don't worry it'll be done well.

Scar Jo: Not doing it!

Kevin Feige: We'll give you a Black Widow stand alone film.

Scar Jo: Done!

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Did anyone else feel Ike fat Thor was a terrible idea? It was funny for like 5 minutes but kinda hurts Thor’s persona. 

He was a necessity. No way 5-years ago Thanos can go toe to toe with in-shape Thor with Mjolnir and Stormbreaker. The being out of shape was a way to "realistically" nerf his character.