***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Why would they steal a single stone anyway?  They still had one, and presumably knew Vision still had his.  Their plan was to stop Thanos by taking the one thing that allowed him to collect stones.  To take the stones themselves is only half of what they needed to do.

I was talking about Endgame. I assumed it wasn't easy to just remove the stones from the IM glove. And that the point of keeping them together was to make sure that they could all be delivered back safely to their respective timelines.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

If we want to pick on plot holes, the bigger IW plot hole is that they didn't just cut off Thanos' arm with a Doctor Strange portal while they were trying to pry off the glove.

I don't remember the specifics of Doctor Strange the movie, but I feel like you have to be pretty precise and lucky to slice off someone's body part with a portal. Black Dwarf's hand got cut off only because Wong shut off the portal at the right moment.

Edited by Xenos

2 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

It’s a gauntlet. Gauntlets are designed to come off. That’s not a hard leap in logic to make. Plus, taking the gauntlet off like that was Quill’s plan.

He knew a space gauntlet he's never seen before was designed to come off? He didn't think it couldn't just be melded with his left hand? I mean come on, if we are gonna assume the stones couldn't come off when it could be just as easy as pulling apart two small magnets as proven in Endgame then there would be no reason to think they wouldn't work here.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

You sure? Because im pretty sure I remember Nebula and Quill effing up the plan for everyone by standing around talking and then Quill bashing him in the face causing Mantis to lose her control.

Also how do you know this was the emergency plan? Cause Thanos just up and took out a stone to blast CM away so it's not like Tony was the only one who knew about that little ultimate secret Plan B for 2.0. If anything, Tony got the idea right after he saw Thanos do it to CM. My question is since Tony is arguably the most brilliant person in the MCU why that wouldn't have been some of his first ideas.

It's not nitpicking it's literally what won them the entire War, so how did it just occur to the ever brilliant Tony Stark just now, cause the excuse "he just didn't think of it at the time" could apply to any other character. Not Tony.

That is actually my one big problem with IW. I get that Quill was an emotional guy based on GOTG 1 and 2, but it was just executed badly.

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

I don't remember the specifics of Doctor Strange the movie, but I feel like you have to be pretty precise and lucky to slice off someone's body part with a portal. Black Dwarf's hand got cut off only because Wong shut off the portal at the right moment.

Well it's Dr. Strange we're talking about.

Just now, Xenos said:

That is actually my one big problem with IW. I get that Quill was an emotional guy based on GOTG 1 and 2, but it was just executed badly.

But that's my point with that scene. Instead of letting them stand around, while Tony and Peter try to get the glove off, have Nebula and or Quill try to remove the space stone at the same time. I mean he's a big guy and that was a big gauntlet. I don't even know why it was so hard to take off in the first place because as Fretgod99 said, those things are designed to come off.

I was pretty impressed with how they managed to close this series off. There were some sacrifices that had to be made and I thought they did very well with the whole time travel plot which is always a dangerous route to go imo. The only thing I thought felt a little off was that Thanos seemed stronger in this movie without the stones than he did with them in IW, didn't really impact my opinion of the movie, just stood out for me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

But...but...Mantis.....her legs?

Certain things are more important unfortunately. Anyways, what they should have done is have Nebula and Quill try to hold Thanos on the right arm (instead of Strange), and have him concentrate on cutting that arm off then. We're assuming correctly that the portal is strong enough to cut off Thanos' arm right?

Edited by Xenos

7 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I was pretty impressed with how they managed to close this series off. There were some sacrifices that had to be made and I thought they did very well with the whole time travel plot which is always a dangerous route to go imo. The only thing I thought felt a little off was that Thanos seemed stronger in this movie without the stones than he did with them in IW, didn't really impact my opinion of the movie, just stood out for me. 

I don't know if he's necessarily stronger. Iron Man and Thor were just weaker, and Thanos is just deadly even without the stones. You might say the gauntlet and stones were almost a hindrance because he had not mastered them like he did with his sword. Thanos also probably saw the fight on Titan because of Nebula's recording so he may know Stark's attacks better.

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I don't know if he's necessarily stronger. Iron Man and Thor were just weaker, and Thanos is just deadly even without the stones. You might say the gauntlet and stones were almost a hindrance because he had not mastered them like he did with his sword. Thanos also probably saw the fight on Titan because of Nebula's recording so he may know Stark's attacks better.

Its definitely possible. It definitely made a good ending just stuck out to me. Especially with the likes of Captain Marvel who had, just seconds ago, asteroided a ship. 

I'm not complaining though, it ended better than I thought it would tbh.

9 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Certain things are more important unfortunately. Anyways, what they should have done is have Nebula and Quill try to hold Thanos on the right arm (instead of Strange), and have him concentrate on cutting that arm off then. We're assuming correctly that the portal is strong enough to cut off Thanos' arm right?

Well that spell is really OP I mean it obviously deals with bending space so it wouldnt be a matter of how strong Thanos is cause you would just be separating the atoms that make his arm in two completely different places. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

Its definitely possible. It definitely made a good ending just stuck out to me. Especially with the likes of Captain Marvel who had, just seconds ago, asteroided a ship. 

I'm not complaining though, it ended better than I thought it would tbh.

Captain Marvel didn't show up until well after Thanos had beaten Steve, Tony, and Thor.