***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

On an entirely different note, they don't need to out epic Endgame. If they can make a quality movie that similar to Spiderman Into the Spiderverse (I know it's not an MCU) then it's all the better for everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

He knew a space gauntlet he's never seen before was designed to come off? He didn't think it couldn't just be melded with his left hand? I mean come on, if we are gonna assume the stones couldn't come off when it could be just as easy as pulling apart two small magnets as proven in Endgame then there would be no reason to think they wouldn't work here.

When did anybody assume the stones couldn’t come off? It was posited that perhaps, in the heat of battle, when Stark literally had a moon thrown at him and he was fighting for his and half the universe’s lives, how to manipulate a thing he’d literally never encountered before never occurred to him. Because Stark is a genius, but he isn’t omnipotent.

Also, taking off the gauntlet was Quill’s plan. Quill, the guy who was hanging out with Gamora, Thanos’s adopted daughter, who all knew it was a thing he could wear on his hand.

Seriously, you’re just naysaying at this point, but not even well. It’s mind-boggling that you have this much of an issue with this.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

When did anybody assume the stones couldn’t come off? It was posited that perhaps, in the heat of battle, when Stark literally had a moon thrown at him and he was fighting for his and half the universe’s lives, how to manipulate a thing he’d literally never encountered before never occurred to him. Because Stark is a genius, but he isn’t omnipotent.

You suggested it by pointing out that because the gauntlet was unknown to Stark then he would have no idea if he could even get them off as to why he never brought it up.

Also, taking off the gauntlet was Quill’s plan. Quill, the guy who was hanging out with Gamora, Thanos’s adopted daughter, who all knew it was a thing he could wear on his hand.

Already pointed this out. Further reasoning that Tony had nothing further to add to this plan is mind boggling that at the time before the biggest battle of his life he had nothing clever to add to (Quill's Plan). Let me say that again, Tony Stark had nothing more to add to Quill's plan. Peter Quill of all people in that moment was more innovative then Tony Stark.

Seriously, you’re just naysaying at this point, but not even well. It’s mind-boggling that you have this much of an issue with this.

I don't have that much of an issue with it. I had a question about a plothole and I haven't heard of a satisfactory reason as to why Tony would overlook something like that so I keep questioning. That's just what I do. When I asked the question about the Time Stone restoring Stark, @Broncofan gave a good answer as to why they didn't do it so I didn't really argue the point because he pointed out in the movie why that would not have worked.

Sooner or later you just gonna have to accept the fact that I obsess over details. I'm certainly not Tony Stark but I do like the reasoning to make sense. LBC's reasoning for the most part on his plan B gauntlet made sense except for the fact Thanos used that secret first which blows the entire thing to hell. You had a great reason for Endgame as to why he did it which I wasn't going to argue because my point was about IW.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

You suggested it by pointing out that because the gauntlet was unknown to Stark then he would have no idea if he could even get them off as to why he never brought it up.

Already pointed this out. Further reasoning that Tony had nothing further to add to this plan is mind boggling that at the time before the biggest battle of his life he had nothing clever to add to (Quill's Plan). Let me say that again, Tony Stark had nothing more to add to Quill's plan. Peter Quill of all people in that moment was more innovative then Tony Stark.

I don't have that much of an issue with it. I had a question about a plothole and I haven't heard of a satisfactory reason as to why Tony would overlook something like that so I keep questioning. That's just what I do. When I asked the question about the Time Stone restoring Stark, @Broncofan gave a good answer as to why they didn't do it so I didn't really argue the point because he pointed out in the movie why that would not have worked.

Sooner or later you just gonna have to accept the fact that I obsess over details. I'm certainly not Tony Stark but I do like the reasoning to make sense. LBC's reasoning for the most part on his plan B gauntlet made sense except for the fact Thanos used that secret first which blows the entire thing to hell. You had a great reason for Endgame as to why he did it which I wasn't going to argue because my point was about IW.

How exactly does it blow it all to hell?  Thanos was privy to new-Nebula's memories because of a synapse crossover with old-Nebula who was still loyal to him.  Therefore he knew - because they could freakin' see in the memory of his death - that the old gauntlet melded to his hand and wasn't going to be re-used.  It stands to reason that new-Nebula would know that the plan was to implant the re-acquired stones into a gauntlet of Stark/Rocket/Banner's making, therefore old Nebula, and by effect, Thanos would know.  So just because Thanos was able to rip a stone out of Gauntlet 2.0 doesn't mean that he and anyone else would have been able to do so out of the gauntlet from IW that Eitri forged.  That's faulty logic.  Thanos pulling out a stone to use it to power-up his hit on Captain Marvel, then replacing it, also doesn't blow Tony using his nano-tech to swipe the stones from Gauntlet 2.0 to his own armor's gauntlet.  He knows damn well that he's not going to be able to use the stones in his armor gauntlet to fight Thanos - using the gauntlet (at least temporarily) crippled Hulk, Tony wasn't taking that kind of blowback.  He had one move, one desperate move that he didn't want to use but knew he had to and, likely in the moment, knew if he didn't throw it he might not get another chance.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I was pretty impressed with how they managed to close this series off. There were some sacrifices that had to be made and I thought they did very well with the whole time travel plot which is always a dangerous route to go imo. The only thing I thought felt a little off was that Thanos seemed stronger in this movie without the stones than he did with them in IW, didn't really impact my opinion of the movie, just stood out for me. 

New Rockstars made some sense of that, really.  Thanos from IW was a much more controlled Thanos - one who "didn't lie" which meant that everything he said and said he was going to do was as much a promise as anything.  And he was confident and driven in that because he had a purpose.  The Thanos that came forward in time had seen that while he did go on to achieve his life's work (culling half the lives in the universe) it didn't actually achieve the end that he felt justified the means.  If the lives of the survivors on Earth were any indication, the snap only served to make them morose, traumatized, and slip them further into an abyss.  It wasn't just the Avengers' defiance but also the fact that Earth failed him in proving his premise that he went the whole aggro route and decided he was just going to destroy everything and build from anew.  And other than Thor getting in an Arya Stark like body hit on him with Stormbreaker (that still didn't disable him), how was he less strong?  Everything that got thrown at him on Titan fighting 5+ heroes and he shed, by his own words, one drop of blood.  When he showed up in Wakanda he walked right through anyone that got in his way until Thor's sneak attack.  In Endgame, Captain Marvel was putting in work on him until he had the gauntlet and was able to pull a stone from it to power-up punch her.

Yes, we didn't see him break vibranium in IW, but that was because we didn't get the opportunity to see him do it, not because he wasn't capable.  Dude knocked Hulk unconscious in IW and Hulk is supposed to be indestructible, I'd say he stood more than a fair chance against vibranium in that state too.

I think some people are missing that the infinity stones didn’t do anything for Thanos unless his fist was closed. In the first movie, everything they do is based on Thanos trying to close his fist to initiate the stones. In Endgame, he’s actually fighting to fight. 

• Like 1

I'm all about being critical, but this is the most ridiculous nitpick I've ever read.

Captain Hindsight for the win! It worked 5 years later with a completely different gauntlet, so why didn't they think of it 5 years earlier?

How do you even know a stone can be removed from the gauntlet made by Eitri? The stones got sucked into that one like their very existence depended on it. Tony didn't rip out the stones from his gauntlet with his bare hands; it worked seemingly because it was his tech that was able to transfer the stones from the gauntlet to his suit.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Xenos said:

On an entirely different note, they don't need to out epic Endgame. If they can make a quality movie that similar to Spiderman Into the Spiderverse (I know it's not an MCU) then it's all the better for everyone.

Into the Spiderverse was a great movie, probably top 5 non-MCU comic book movie...

Re: being able to pull the stones out of the Gauntlet now vs. earlier - the simple difference is that 5 years earlier, there was no actual hard info on the stones & Gauntlet.   Remember that Tony’s CPU survived the first encounter so all of the data and readings were saved.   That allowed time for the team to design a new Gauntlet with Stark’s nanotechnology - remember how it morphed around Hulk’s arm pre-snap 2.   Given that the nanotechnology was created for the new Gauntlet it’s not hard to see Stark would have it in his suit as a backup.  We know he loves to put in gadgets galore.   Since the new Gauntlet used the nanotechnology in Stark’s suit no extra effort required for him to have that. 

Meanwhile in IW Stark was off planet - and with no time and no advance info on specs.  No one developed the idea to pull the stones because there wasn’t info or tech modifying capabilities off-world.    In Endgame they had a ton of time for testing for the time travel run and no doubt Gauntlet / stone-yielding design & testing.   We saw that alluded to with Ultron.   TBH I have zero problem with this.   

Remember it took a legendary Dwarf to make the Gauntlet - Stark’s tech is on par but it’s not simple to modify.   We just get shown the “genius” a-ha moments but it’s not like it happens anywhere, anytime.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

It will never happen, but you know which big bad I would absolutely love to see them bring in?

Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin.  With Stark gone and the population back, he comes in and begins to really become a major player in NY, buying up real estate, etc.  He would operate in the shadows and could be used to incorporate a ton of villains behind the scenes like Thanos did.  Plus, D'Onofrio's Kingpin is in the top tier of Marvel villains for me and fans would eat it up.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

It will never happen, but you know which big bad I would absolutely love to see them bring in?

Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin.  With Stark gone and the population back, he comes in and begins to really become a major player in NY, buying up real estate, etc.  He would operate in the shadows and could be used to incorporate a ton of villains behind the scenes like Thanos did.  Plus, D'Onofrio's Kingpin is in the top tier of Marvel villains for me and fans would eat it up.

I'd love to see Kingpin back, but not D'Onofrio.  Vincent's acting was great television acting, but not movie acting.  You take away three hours worth of screentime from his performance and reduce it to 10 minutes of development scenes in a two hour movie and that all goes away. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I'd love to see Kingpin back, but not D'Onofrio.  Vincent's acting was great television acting, but not movie acting.  You take away three hours worth of screentime from his performance and reduce it to 10 minutes of development scenes in a two hour movie and that all goes away. 

D'Onofrio knows how to act in a movie too.  I would trust him to be able to adapt.