***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

8 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Daredevil season 3 was the best season of any of the shows.

I would say it's on par with the first season. Heck, they basically tried to recreate the magic of the first season with this last one. I will say that the first 4 episodes of Season 2 (the first story arc with Punisher) was by itself on par with the other two seasons if not better. There was no filler and was the appropriate length. Too bad it continued on after four episodes.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I was pretty impressed with how they managed to close this series off. There were some sacrifices that had to be made and I thought they did very well with the whole time travel plot which is always a dangerous route to go imo. The only thing I thought felt a little off was that Thanos seemed stronger in this movie without the stones than he did with them in IW, didn't really impact my opinion of the movie, just stood out for me. 

Actually a pretty good reason in this video. Makes even more sense to me now:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theJ said:

Honestly it wouldn't have been a big deal but you battled back hard for 2 pages lol.  Like it was a major inexcusable gaffe.

How was it a gaffe when it was literally a question I didn't think got sufficient answers too? I kept questioning because it didn't seem to fit with Tony's character or cunning and the nerd rage from some people started in kicking saying I was complaining or nit picking about a major event that was rehashed 5 years later in the next movie to settle the entire series?

Finally, finally was able to see Endgame, and it was great.  Nice that at least one of the big series finales of 2019 that I was looking forward to didn't disappoint me.

But I do wonder: why was Cap able to use lightning with Mjolnir?  Didn't Odin say in Ragnarok that the thunder came from Thor, not the hammer?

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Finally, finally was able to see Endgame, and it was great.  Nice that at least one of the big series finales of 2019 that I was looking forward to didn't disappoint me.

But I do wonder: why was Cap able to use lightning with Mjolnir?  Didn't Odin say in Ragnarok that the thunder came from Thor, not the hammer?

Because of the inscription on the hammer.  "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Because of the inscription on the hammer.  "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

Ah, alright.  Makes sense then.

Fat Thor might be my favorite thing from any of the Marvel movies so far.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Saw it again this past Sunday. Just as good as the first time. Only gripe is that the "all female" lineup could have been done better. But otherwise, they did a great job with the story and character arcs. I, in particular, appreciated Hulk more.

13 hours ago, Xenos said:

Saw it again this past Sunday. Just as good as the first time. Only gripe is that the "all female" lineup could have been done better. But otherwise, they did a great job with the story and character arcs. I, in particular, appreciated Hulk more.

Hulk's storyline makes sense once you get past the disappointment of not seeing him be the giant green rage monster who is stronger than all.  Only thing that still bothers me about Hulk's storyline is that it was never fleshed out about Hulk not coming out and that fear/reluctance from that side of Banner.  All we got was a "tinkering in the gamma lab" single line and poof, there it is.

10 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Hulk's storyline makes sense once you get past the disappointment of not seeing him be the giant green rage monster who is stronger than all.  Only thing that still bothers me about Hulk's storyline is that it was never fleshed out about Hulk not coming out and that fear/reluctance from that side of Banner.  All we got was a "tinkering in the gamma lab" single line and poof, there it is.

1. Yeah that makes sense. I guess I'm a fan of subversion. He ended up beating Thanos by being strong enough to undo the snap. 

2. As for the second part, I thought it made perfect sense in IW why he didn't come out. Hulk had always been brute strength and invincible to that part. It was nice that he finally met his match. So instead of feeling anger anymore, he felt fear instead. Which is ironic since Banner was braver than he was in IW.

Overall, I think the choices were necessary for these movies. One of the weaknesses of AOU was that it felt like it was repeating the same things as the first Avengers, except with none of the novelty. I never really felt the team was in any type of danger against Ultron, like I did against Thanos. Hulk was basically a one man wrecking team in both Avengers movie.

Edited by Xenos

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

1. Yeah that makes sense. I guess I'm a fan of subversion. He ended up beating Thanos by being strong enough to undo the snap. 

2. As for the second part, I thought it made perfect sense in IW why he didn't come out. Hulk had always been brute strength and invincible to that part. It was nice that he finally met his match. So instead of feeling anger anymore, he felt fear instead. Which is ironic since Banner was braver than he was in IW.

Overall, I think the choices were necessary for these movies. One of the weaknesses of AOU was that it felt like it was repeating the same things as the first Avengers, except with none of the novelty. I never really felt the team was in any type of danger against Ultron, like I did against Thanos. Hulk was basically a one man wrecking team in both Avengers movie.

I got that with #2, what I was a little disappointed in was that we didn't get to see his metamorphosis into professor hulk.  All we got was a single line about "tinkering in the gamma lab".  There's a good story in there, although I get why they didn't have the screen time to tell it.  It's too bad they can't do a solo hulk movie that takes place in between  IW and Endgame.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I got that with #2, what I was a little disappointed in was that we didn't get to see his metamorphosis into professor hulk.  All we got was a single line about "tinkering in the gamma lab".  There's a good story in there, although I get why they didn't have the screen time to tell it.  It's too bad they can't do a solo hulk movie that takes place in between  IW and Endgame.

Joys of not actually owning his rights unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Xenos said:

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Joys of not actually owning his rights unfortunately.

Yeah, I mentioned this before (I get no one has time to read all these pages lol), but the rights issues is a huge reason that limits the Hulk storyline across the board.  He's never logged more than 21 minutes - and always is 3rd/4th at most in screen time, even in Ragnorok.   That's directly due to the rights issue.   Marvel just CAN'T make him the centerpiece, he's only a cog in the ensemble.

And given that, they could use him as the ace-in-the-hole in Avengers, but it's no coincidence that Ultron, Ragnorok & now IW/Endgame, his billing as their "ultimate weapon" was pure smokescreen.   It sucks, but there's no point in making Hulk a centerpiece if you can't dedicate the airtime and the solo movies a centerpiece would command.   At least they used him to build up Thanos in IW, that was a clear message sent early on.   Whether you like or hate the turn his character took this time, keep in mind that Marvel's hands are tied here in making it an abbreviated part of the story - they have to tell a REALLY short story with Hulk, as per the agreement with Universal.   It really sucks, but it is what it is.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1