***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Extra footage?

tenor.gif?itemid=6068097

That's my thoughts.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/avengers-endgame-is-returning-to-theaters-real-soon-a-1835649149

I'm assuming we'll get a long tribute to Stan Lee and maybe some tease for a Disney+ show or something like that to wet peoples appetites for that.

Not an extended cut, but there will be a version going into theaters with a bit of a marketing push with a few new things at the end of the movie. If you stay and watch the movie, after the credits, there’ll be a deleted scene, a little tribute, and a few surprises. Which will be next weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Not an extended cut, but there will be a version going into theaters with a bit of a marketing push with a few new things at the end of the movie. If you stay and watch the movie, after the credits, there’ll be a deleted scene, a little tribute, and a few surprises. Which will be next weekend.

Doesn't seem like a great reason to see it in theaters.  Seems like that will be released to the general public pretty quickly after that.

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

Do we know, has Stan Lee filmed cameos for future Marvel movies? 

The first Marvel movie we see without him is gonna be sad.

Dunno, but they may have enough footage of him stocked up that they'd be able to CGI-insert him in a la "younger Jeff Bridges" in Tron: Legacy or Paul Walker in the final scene of Furious 7, especially considering the manner (i.e. wig, heavy costume) he was used in Endgame.  Otherwise, there are other, more subtle ways to incorporate Stan in (fairly easy to stick him - silently - into an ad on one of the giant Times Square video boards, for instance, since so much of the MCU is set in/around NYC to conversely to synthesize his voice into a background voice/radio/intercom drop or even to post his photo on a newspaper or webpage front page alongside the more plot-relevant headline/story). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Still upset that Stan Lee's cameo in Endgame was supposedly set in 1970, but he was driving a 1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass. Did Stan have a time machine too?

I just assume that it's like today - you can buy a 2020 model vehicle in the fall of 2019.  Don't burst my bubble.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I just assume that it's like today - you can buy a 2020 model vehicle in the fall of 2019.  Don't burst my bubble.

But the military police at the gate was wearing the short sleeve uniform, meaning it was summer not fall. 

I'll check the scene again when I go see Endgame again with the deleted scene added and some other extra footage. RIP Avatar...

2 hours ago, FinSting said:

But the military police at the gate was wearing the short sleeve uniform, meaning it was summer not fall. 

I'll check the scene again when I go see Endgame again with the deleted scene added and some other extra footage. RIP Avatar...

Yeah that completely took me out of the movie and ruined the realism of the film for me.

• Like 11