***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

34 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Black Panther’s debut in Civil War on the rooftop vs Winter Soldier alone was a billion times better than his own movie. 

Yeah...amazing debut in CW.  BP not bad either, but it was just a good superhero movie.  I can respect if some may view it better than me, but I dont see how anyone could ever justify it getting as much love as it did during award season.

10 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I wish they would’ve. 

Would have been a really big disappointment after a twenty some movie buildup.  Plus it would have been the end of the series.  And while others may be tired of these movies, i'm not.  I want more.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theJ said:

Would have been a really big disappointment after a twenty some movie buildup.  Plus it would have been the end of the series.  And while others may be tired of these movies, i'm not.  I want more.  

I’m thinking it could’ve ended “our multiverse”. The snap could’ve started Far From Home in the soul stone as the snapped have to escape. They do and end up in another multiverse where the they find themselves in a new multiverse that has Mutants. After that you make your Z-Men prequel where they investigate the snapped showing up. 

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I’m thinking it could’ve ended “our multiverse”. The snap could’ve started Far From Home in the soul stone as the snapped have to escape. They do and end up in another multiverse where the they find themselves in a new multiverse that has Mutants. After that you make your Z-Men prequel where they investigate the snapped showing up. 

Seems unnecessarily complicated just to create a shock ending. 

The nice thing about these films is that they mostly stand alone. There are plots that cross movies, but you can pick one of the lineup and not really be confused. The advantage of that is that you can pull in new viewers, which is important because you're always losing viewers too. It also makes them more re-watchable. 

Stuff like this how you end up with season 3 of Heroes. Just too complicated and the bar for new entry is raised. 

On August 15, 2019 at 8:27 PM, kingseanjohn said:

I wish they would’ve. 

Besides the fact that it wouldn't have worked thematically, it would have come off redundant after Infinity War. Which I might add, did it much better.