***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

Scarlett Witch's powers have at no point ever been close to her comic counterpart in the MCU. Just ebcause she went toe to toe with Thanos for 15 seconds and lost?!

I said to an extent. She has continuously gotten stronger with each movie. And she fared far better then Hulk, thor, IM and CA did who did get their ***es kicked. Even Hulk and Thor were completely over powered by him in a sheer strength contest. 

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

What does it matter? Carol has nothing to do with the direction of those characters. I don't see it as less interesting since Carol is barely in the film. 

If that's the case then they wouldnt have bothered to have her appear until after Endgame then. 

43 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

No. You literally went to the writing, or at the very least conveniently ignored it. Hulk was nerfed because his entire right arm was destroyed by the gauntlet. Marvel was nerfed by not being able to be around for more than 20 minutes.

Sorry but no. Not having his regeneration ability, not becoming stronger the angrier he becomes, and becoming so scared of Thanos he won’t even come out in Infinity War is a complete neutering and is not even in the same stratusphere as, “not being able to be around for longer than 20 minutes.” Danvers power level stays true to the comics but how come Hulks doesn’t? It’s inconsistent writing.

Haven’t read the comics so I’ll admit ignorance but I think Marvel might have an issue with Captain Marvel going forward

ie. She’s already the most powerful in the MCU without any weaknesses.  I just don’t see how they can now make her seem beatable in future installments?

2 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

It's not inconsistent writing. They literally address it in the first 10 damn minutes of the film stating she cannot always be on Earth.

Hulks drawback was him being a dumb rage monster that might be pointed in the direction of the bad guys if he actually likes you. I still dont understand the point of the nerf. He was a Trump card in the original Avengers movie because he  could be a guided nuke towards the enemy but his major drawback was being uncontrollable. So I dont understand while they couldnt still play that card up through IW where Thanos could still beat him with the power stone yet Hulk stay consistently close to the original Hulk of just being stronger then everyone else. Certainly worked out in previous movies he was in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Haven’t read the comics so I’ll admit ignorance but I think Marvel might have an issue with Captain Marvel going forward

ie. She’s already the most powerful in the MCU without any weaknesses.  I just don’t see how they can now make her seem beatable in future installments?

By the doing the same thing they do with all Mary Sue's. Give her internal conflicts so they can argue that shes really not all powerful even though she is. 

52 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Disney acquiring all the rights from Fox/Sony is huge.   Allows them to use Galactus & Doom.  And the entire MCU comic canon is then fair game.    It won’t be hard to find real threats to the heroes,  not just CM. 

Doom’s movie treatment makes IM3’s portrayal of Mandarin as Shakespeare.   But I get if that doesn’t move the needle. 

Plus we have the Negative Zone dude.   The Kree/Skrulls.  The Celestials.  And Kang.   There are strong choices;  they just will be off world    Which will take time to rebuild.  

Personally I think Phase 4 will be Sinister Six / Osborne vs. Spidey, the GOTG expansion and the buildup of the X-Men canon.    I think we are due for a pause / break on the Avengers.   I’m good with that TBH.     

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Disney acquiring all the rights from Fox/Sony is huge.   Allows them to use Galactus & Doom.  And the entire MCU comic canon is then fair game.    It won’t be hard to find real threats to the heroes,  not just CM. 

Doom’s movie treatment makes IM3’s portrayal of Mandarin as Shakespeare.   But I get if that doesn’t move the needle. 

Plus we have the Negative Zone dude.   The Kree/Skrulls.  The Celestials.  And Kang.   There are strong choices;  they just will be off world    Which will take time to rebuild.  

Personally I think Phase 4 will be Sinister Six / Osborne vs. Spidey, the GOTG expansion and the buildup of the X-Men canon.    I think we are due for a pause / break on the Avengers.   I’m good with that TBH.     

No I understand that there are baddies who can match her but if they have to ramp up the bad dudes to counter Marvel, how are any of the other heroes supposed to be worth a damn in the fight 

23 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

No I understand that there are baddies who can match her but if they have to ramp up the bad dudes to counter Marvel, how are any of the other heroes supposed to be worth a damn in the fight 

It’s early enough in CM’s story that I don’t worry too much about that.  I mean Hulk and Thor shouldn’t have been beatable like they were in IW and Raganorok - that Mjolnir breaking scene by Hela was nuts.   As the juggernauts were more beatable, we saw the less powerful ones rise up.  I love the idea that Cap didn’t became worthy until he admitted he knew about Bucky and Howard Stark to Tony at the end of Ultron.  

I get the concern but we’ve seen balance addressed before.  Plus there’s no immediate plan for an ensemble piece for a while.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

They’re gonna have to nerf her because this whole, “I had to be somewhere else” excuse only for her to come to the rescue at the most convenient times (finding Stark/Gamora in space and destroying Thanos’ ship as it was decimating the battle field) is going to get really old really quick.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the movie, I liked IW a bit more after first watch.

First things first : Shady McCoy can kick rocks for spoiling the ending for him. 

Secondly, so Nebula killed her past self, but she lives? That confused me.

Third how did Gamora come back to life but someone like Vision or Scarlet Witch’s brother didn’t? 

Again I only watched it once, maybe a second time through will answer these for me. 

SAD AF over BW, CA, and IM’s endings. Hit me right in the feels. I didn’t go through the journey of all of these movies for the last ten years, i actually watched them all for the first time last year. Hurts none the less.