***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, broncofan48 said:

No I understand that there are baddies who can match her but if they have to ramp up the bad dudes to counter Marvel, how are any of the other heroes supposed to be worth a damn in the fight 

Careful now. They are gonna be mocking you asking what have women ever done to you. Or maybe mix it up and call you a Russian troll/hacker. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

If that's the case then they wouldnt have bothered to have her appear until after Endgame then. 

Not really, because Carol still doesn't have anything to do with the character arcs of others.

She really isn't needed other than rescuing Tony so the film moves along quicker. She's used for muscle at the end to make the battle more epic, but she isn't required story wise there at the end.

And what happens to Thor and Hulk could have still happened regardless if Carol isn't in the movie. It was the 5 year jump that played a role in their personal change. Not Carol. 

Edited by PapaShogun

8 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Same for Gamora though lol. But is that just because Thanos, Gamora and both Nebula’s were able to time travel as well?

The Gamora in the film is the 2014 Gamora. She never met the Guardians. She is now in 2023 with everyone else.

19 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Same for Gamora though lol. But is that just because Thanos, Gamora and both Nebula’s were able to time travel as well?

Yes.  She was on the ship when Thanos travelled.  Vision wasn’t around in any of the time jumps.  Remember he wasn’t “born” until Ultron   

23 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

As the others said, you are confusing 2 different Gamoras.  The one who dies in Infinity War did not come back to life.

Edited by seminoles1

55 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Not really, because Carol still doesn't have anything to do with the character arcs of others.

She really isn't needed other than rescuing Tony so the film moves along quicker. She's used for muscle at the end to make the battle more epic, but she isn't required story wise there at the end.

And what happens to Thor and Hulk could have still happened regardless if Carol isn't in the movie.

If that's the case then they wouldnt have bothered to have her appear until after Endgame then. 

If a character has nothing to do with the character arcs of other character then they infact become a pointless part of the story. Especially for a series where one of it's main attractions is that it has built up 11 years worth of intertwining arcs for one massive outcome.

And again you missed the point of the double standard being pointed out with the writing.

I have to say...the whole, "Avengers assemble" line was really hokey. A pure fan service line, no doubt, but it came off pretty silly sounding in my own opinion. I know it's a minor thing to quibble about, but watching it again, couldn't help but realize how much it irked me lol

12 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If a character has nothing to do with the character arcs of other character then they infact become a pointless part of the story. Especially for a series where one of it's main attractions is that it has built up 11 years worth of intertwining arcs for one massive outcome.

And again you missed the point of the double standard being pointed out with the writing.

They did her movie before endgame and wrapped her into endgame so there was continuity going forward. They could have done endgame without her and it wouldn't have suffered. 

Remember Thor was single handily destroying ships like she did in IW. Scarlet Witch could have also filled some muscle gaps. 

And yeah, she didn't really play into the main characters story arcs much. I agree with @PapaShogun

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Not really. You can have a character appear in a story that is in fact inconsequential to it's outcome or other character's personal choices which effect the outcome in it. It happens a lot, in a lot of stories, as it did in Endgame. This isn't an impossibility, or something that a writer or writers can't miss. Carol barely interacts with anyone and essentially used as muscle and to get Tony from point A to B. That's it. She has nothing to do with the main crux of the story (time heist), what Hulk, Thor, or anyone else goes through in their personal lives in the 5 year gap either. 

It's not a double standard with the writing, because it's irrelevant. You just don't like the choice they made. 

Edited by PapaShogun

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have to say...the whole, "Avengers assemble" line was really hokey. A pure fan service line, no doubt, but it came off pretty silly sounding in my own opinion. I know it's a minor thing to quibble about, but watching it again, couldn't help but realize how much it irked me lol

Yeah, not a great time for the line. I mean...they were already assembled haha.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, not a great time for the line. I mean...they were already assembled haha.

I was thinking the same thing haha but whatever. He had to say it sometime because he didn't get to say it at the end of Ultron.