***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Not really. You can have a character appear in a story that is in fact inconsequential to it or other character's personal choice in it.

You can have it in a Quintin Tarantino movie. Or some other movie where character connection was not an important asset. This movie was something else completely, and they pretty much connected every character in the MCU in this one movie which was the main goal of these two movies. But of course she was just there for muscle and fireworks *derp*.

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

It's not a double standard with the writing, because it's irrelevant. You just don't like the choice they made. 

They spent almost the entire marketing time before her movie hyping her as the strongest MCU character. So them nerfing Thor and Hulk was deliberate to build up how powerful she is while making the excuse of them being nerfed makes their stories and characters more interesting and yet seemed to ignore that entire argument with her I.E. Double Standards. Which means she did in fact have something to do with their arcs quite literally not just in the story itself (saving Tony, and blowing up the mothership).

• Like 1

Just now, INbengalfan said:

Separate topic/question:  If Peter Parker was snapped away for 5 years, how in the %$#@ did he just waltz back into high school and see his buddy?

They were snapped away too.

Kinda convenient for all of them to be snapped away.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

You can have it in a Quintin Tarantino movie. Or some other movie where character connection was not an important asset. This movie was something else completely, and they pretty much connected every character in the MCU in this one movie which was the main goal of these two movies. But of course she was just there for muscle and fireworks *derp*.

They spent almost the entire marketing time before her movie hyping her as the strongest MCU character. So them nerfing Thor and Hulk was deliberate to build up how powerful she is while making the excuse of them being nerfed makes their stories and characters more interesting and yet seemed to ignore that entire argument with her I.E. Double Standards. Which means she did in fact have something to do with their arcs quite literally not just in the story itself (saving Tony, and blowing up the mothership).

Or you can have that dynamic in any movie, because you don't make the rules. Captain Marvel was inconsequential to the plot of the film. She barely interacted with anyone, and had no baring on what any the characters went through with on another, and the choices they made. Yes, she was there for muscle. Deal with it :) 

I mean,  simply remember Feige stating that Marvel is the most powerful hero in the MCU when asked about it. I guess if that's hype, whoopie? You're heading down conspiracy territory again, and yeah...can't save you when that happens. If Hulk and Thor were the same as they've always been, Marvel would have still been a lot stronger. So it doesn't make sense that they would feel they had to deliberately do that for their characters, just of the sake of Marvel's presence...instead of actually the circumstances of what the snap, and the 5 gap did to them personally/emotionally. You're getting too caught up with **** measuring between heroes as if it's something important to the movie, and it really wasn't. Marvel is more powerful regardless of what happened to those two. Which was known before the film was even showcased. If you wanted to focus on Marvel and how strong she was, you'd keep Thor and Hulk the same if anything. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Separate topic/question:  If Peter Parker was snapped away for 5 years, how in the %$#@ did he just waltz back into high school and see his buddy?

We also need to be asking since Cap stayed in the 40’s and grew old (meaning he never got stuck in the ice) how come he sat back and let Hydra take over Shield? How come he sat back and let Hydra torture is best friend Bucky for years and years? How did all these movies happen with him at an advanced age? We know the blonde chick in Civil War (Sharon Carter) is Peggy’s niece and since he married Peggy doesn’t that mean he kissed his niece...? 

10 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

We also need to be asking since Cap stayed in the 40’s and grew old (meaning he never got stuck in the ice) how come he sat back and let Hydra take over Shield? How come he sat back and let Hydra torture is best friend Bucky for years and years? How did all these movies happen with him at an advanced age? We know the blonde chick in Civil War (Sharon Carter) is Peggy’s niece and since he married Peggy doesn’t that mean he kissed his niece...? 

This is actually something I've had a problem with in regards to his ending. Like, I feel like Cap is not the type of person that would have just been sitting around "living his life" while all that mess was going on? Just seems like a weird decision. I don't know...maybe some people do think that is something he would do, but it's kind of hard for me to wrap my head around. 

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Or you can have that dynamic in any movie, because you don't make the rules. Captain Marvel was inconsequential to the plot of the film. She barely interacted with anyone, and had no baring on what any the characters went through with on another, and the choices they made. Yes, she was there for muscle. Deal with it :) 

I mean,  simply remember Feige stating that Marvel is the most powerful hero in the MCU when asked about it. I guess if that's hype, whoopie? You're heading down conspiracy territory again, and yeah...can't save you when that happens. If Hulk and Thor were the same as they've always been, Marvel would have still been a lot stronger. So it doesn't make sense that they would feel they had to deliberately do that for their characters, just of the sake of Marvel's presence...instead of actually the circumstances of what the snap, and the 5 gap did to them personally. You're getting too caught up with **** measuring between heroes as if it's something important to the movie, and it really wasn't. Marvel is more powerful regardless of what happened to those two. 

I could argue she was the most consequential part of the film. Without her Tony never gets saved. If Tony never gets saved they never figure out time travel. If they never figure out time travel nobody is brought back, Natasha doesn’t die, Tony doesn’t die, Steve never goes back in time to live his best life,  etc. etc. In fact, even if they were to figure out time travel without him it wouldn’t have mattered since the 1 time they win out of 14,605,000 had to unfold with Tony getting the gauntlet and snapping so it was absolutely necessary he be saved and it wouldn’t have happened without Danvers making her the most vital character of the entire film.

Also, it’s not about Marvel being more powerful regardless if they were nerfed or not. It’s the fact that they were nerfed for being too powerful yet she is even more powerful than them both and gets to stay true to how powerful she truly is.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is actually something I've had a problem with in regards to his ending. Like, I feel like Cap is not the type of person that would have just been sitting around "living his life" while all that mess was going on? Just seems like a weird decision. I don't know...maybe some people do think that is something he would do, but it's kind of hard for me to wrap my head around. 

They would have been way better off giving him a bad *** death. What they did opens up a plethora of plot holes and isn’t consistent at all with the Steve Rodgers we’ve come to know.

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

They would have been way better off giving him a bad *** death. What they did opens up a plethora of plot holes and isn’t consistent at all with the Steve Rodgers we’ve come to know.

Absolutely agree. I was positive that was how they were going to send him out too. I don't know why they gave that to Tony. Didn't make any sense. He legit had a built in reason at the start of the movie to "retire" after this was all over (plus, Downey seems at least slightly more amenable to coming back at some point in the far future than Evans does, who I think is putting this far into his rear view mirror). 

• Like 1