***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Obviously there were exceptions to his snap.

Half the vegitation on Earth didn't just get ashed away. Who says the animal populations were halved? Rodgers even makes the comment he saw pods of whales in the harbor near the Statue of Liberty.

With what was snapped away more and more it seemed to me only intelligent life was. Because all life would have been the Vegitation as well and we certainly didn't see anything like that happen. Infact Animal species flourished because of lack of humans and Rodgers's comment gave the hint that the animal populations weren't suffering because of it.

According to Feige, it was plants and animals too:

https://screenrant.com/infinity-war-thanos-snap-animals-plants-killed/

9 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

According to Feige, it was plants and animals too:

https://screenrant.com/infinity-war-thanos-snap-animals-plants-killed/

Well now that just doesn't make any sense. So what about Microbes then inside us and most everything else since that is separate life just living within us? Our bodies would shutdown if enough of them are gone. And if they are all selected at random, then that means there could be billions without those necessary microbes in them to survive. It might have been a death sentence for the entire Universe. Or at least the ones that have a biology similar to ours. 

Feige and the Russo's didn't think that one out.

52 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

you realize that subreddit is ironic right? Like the whole thing is purposely tongue and cheek. 

Ironic and sarcastic with no meaning and you hope they lean into that tongue in cheek logic for a great story to argue he was right the entire time?

Edited by Calvert28

Cheap way to explain the time travel imo with the past or future not changing even though they messed with it. But with the XMen coming aboard and all their alternate timelines it should fit in just nicely. 

Cap's ending didnt fit in either. I'm upset on how powerful they made Captain Marvel when Hulk hasnt even sniffed an ounce of how powerful he really is. 

I didnt like how they gave the Shield to Falcon. It should have been Bucky. 

Other than that, such an awesome emotional rollercoaster of a movie

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Half the vegitation on Earth didn't just get ashed away. Who says the animal populations were halved? Rodgers even makes the comment he saw pods of whales in the harbor near the Statue of Liberty.

With what was snapped away more and more it seemed to me only intelligent life was. Because all life would have been the Vegitation as well and we certainly didn't see anything like that happen. Infact Animal species flourished because of lack of humans and Rodgers's comment gave the hint that the animal populations weren't suffering because of it.

If he snapped  half of all life (animals, plants), then his plan doesn't work anyway.  He wanted to cut it in half t=so that the half remaining could prosper..ie have enough resources to have to not worry about it.  Cutting the resources in half as well does nothing for that plan.

11 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

If he snapped  half of all life (animals, plants), then his plan doesn't work anyway.  He wanted to cut it in half t=so that the half remaining could prosper..ie have enough resources to have to not worry about it.  Cutting the resources in half as well does nothing for that plan.

Would make more sense if it was just intelligent life, or at least just animals (and not plants).  Maybe Thanos was vegetarian? 

Before he had the stones, he was just eliminating intelligent life through more conventional means.  Makes more sense that that would be his goal with the stones too.

11 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Half the vegitation on Earth didn't just get ashed away

If Thanos had wanted humanity on his side, he would have eliminated all weeds and mosquitos.  Might have been a fair trade then.

also, feel like Tony and Hulk missed some really big opportunities when they had the stones.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

If Thanos had wanted humanity on his side, he would have eliminated all weeds and mosquitos.  Might have been a fair trade then.

also, feel like Tony and Hulk missed some really big opportunities when they had the stones.  

Remember though that they didn't want anything that came about from the past 5 years to be affected or threatened, so they said "everyone snapped away returns".   For better or worse, they kept it simple.   I know it's fiction, but even superheroes can process only so much under immense time pressure - they all knew 1 snap was likely the only thing they could count on, and in Banner's case, they weren't even sure he'd survive it.  Stark almost certainly knew he wouldn't - and he wasn't going to mess with anything that threatened the post-Thanos snap events, so simply dusting Thanos' crew was the cleanest and most immediate solution, especially since Thanos posed a threat to retake the stones.

8 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Ironic and sarcastic with no meaning and you hope they lean into that tongue in cheek logic for a great story to argue he was right the entire time?

I didnt say I wanted them to adapt all the memes in the sub lol

3 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Cheap way to explain the time travel imo with the past or future not changing even though they messed with it. But with the XMen coming aboard and all their alternate timelines it should fit in just nicely. 

Cap's ending didnt fit in either. I'm upset on how powerful they made Captain Marvel when Hulk hasnt even sniffed an ounce of how powerful he really is. 

I didnt like how they gave the Shield to Falcon. It should have been Bucky. 

Other than that, such an awesome emotional rollercoaster of a movie

Everyone expected that though, which is why I kind of liked it.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I still don't get why people think Bucky even deserved it. He still has LOTS of "red in his ledger" to make up for before he's even close to deserving the shield/title of Captain America.

He could also still eventually get it. Sam's body is going to break down MUCH quicker than Buck.

• Like 1