***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I still don't get why people think Bucky even deserved it. He still has LOTS of "red in his ledger" to make up for before he's even close to deserving the shield/title of Captain America.

Didnt Bucky help them out enough tho? Infinity War plus Endgame. That's more than enough for the red that he's done. 

4 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Didnt Bucky help them out enough tho? Infinity War plus Endgame. That's more than enough for the red that he's done. 

He's assassinated and murdered dozens (if not 100+) of people in his life. Killing a few alien dogs isn't enough to make up for that.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

He's assassinated and murdered dozens (if not 100+) of people in his life. Killing a few alien dogs isn't enough to make up for that.

He participated, not once but twice in saving the universe. He faded into dust, costing him his life. He may have killed 100+ but he made the ultimate sacrifice. They failed the first time but still. He helped saved trillions in the entire universe. Now you tell me which outweighs which? 100+ or trillions? Plus Cap was closer to Bucky than Sam

4 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

He participated, not once but twice in saving the universe. He faded into dust, costing him his life. He may have killed 100+ but he made the ultimate sacrifice. They failed the first time but still. He helped saved trillions in the entire universe. Now you tell me which outweighs which? 100+ or trillions? Plus Cap was closer to Bucky than Sam

Sam did all of those things without murdering hundreds of people.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I still don't get why people think Bucky even deserved it. He still has LOTS of "red in his ledger" to make up for before he's even close to deserving the shield/title of Captain America.

That's kind of the point. He doesn't deserve it. It would be a redemption angle.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He was also brainwashed into doing it.

• Like 1

Going to watch again tomorrow morning. 

I'm seeing and reading all of these arguments, and see valid points - and unlike any other movie, I simply don't care. I'm so satisfied with this movie that all of this back and forth really doesn't register with me.

That might change tomorrow, but for now - I'm very happy.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The world doesn't know that.

Sure.  But the world doesn't have to know who is behind the mask either.

Steve stopped wearing a mask somewhere along the way (and apparently so did Iron Man in Endgame lol, going into battle against Thanos without his headgear - what was that about???).  But the mask could make a comeback.

I'm all for what they did, btw.  Don't mind that Bucky isn't Cap.  Even though he was brainwashed and has been helping, it's pretty obvious he's not a completely virtuous character.  He still has some things to work out before he's worthy of carrying the shield.

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Doesn't really matter though. It would be a hard sell to the public. Especially for people that knew the victims. Sam has zero baggage. 

If they knew who was behind the mask.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

Sure.  But the world doesn't have to know who is behind the mask either.

Steve stopped wearing a mask somewhere along the way (and apparently so did Iron Man in Endgame lol, going into battle against Thanos without his headgear - what was that about???).  But the mask could make a comeback.

I'm all for what they did, btw.  Don't mind that Bucky isn't Cap.  Even though he was brainwashed and has been helping, it's pretty obvious he's not a completely virtuous character.  He still has some things to work out before he's worthy of carrying the shield.

After what happened in Civil War with the accords fallout, and aiding a terrorist, Steve put down the mask, and the shield. He essentially donned his Nomad persona from the comics. He wasn't a symbol for America anymore, and he felt he he didn't deserve to be.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 11:31 AM, The Gnat said:

Yeah, Secret Invasion has to happen sometime. You wouldn't introduce the Skrull in Captain Marvel if they aren't going to show up and be a long term bad guy. I am thinking we'll get more build towards that in GotG 3. I could definitely see Thor ending up being a Skrull, would give more impact and make sense since he's in space. Watch for his eyes to change slightly again.

Kang would be an interesting option, though I feel like a larger villain who would need more of an arc, I'm not sure who I'd want the Loki level villain in the new arc....

I was just thinking about this comment (i know, digging back several pages).  The Thor we saw all throughout Endgame was definitely not a Skrull.  A Skrull would not have been able to wield Mjolnir.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

If they knew who was behind the mask.

Why even take that risk? Captain America was never predicated on a lie, and shouldn't be. Also, people knew who Steve Rogers was. No Avenger was in the dark.

Edited by PapaShogun