***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well given that it nearly killed him, there's a limit, right?  And the fact it's mostly gamma radiation might be the only reason why he survived.  Remember, even 1 Infinity Stone's power exposed often kills ppl.  It took all 4 GOTG with Quill being half-Celestial to survive the Power Stone.

But my point is why would it nearly kill him in the first place if gamma radiation is what turns Bruce in to the Hulk?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

But my point is why would it nearly kill him in the first place if gamma radiation is what turns Bruce in to the Hulk?

Saying it's mostly gamma radiation doesn't negate the other toxic effects.

It's like saying a drink is poisoned - it might be 90 percent water (or gamma radiation) but if the other 10 percent is by its own right still lethal to most beings, well you get the idea.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's like saying a drink is poisoned - it might be 90 percent water (or gamma radiation) but if the other 10 percent is by its own right still lethal to most beings, well you get the idea.

I was actually expecting him to go back to full hulk after using the gauntlet.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Hulk has the ability to regenerate from toxic effects. They nerfed his *** in to the ground man lol

15 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I was actually expecting him to go back to full hulk after using the gauntlet.

11 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Hulk has the ability to regenerate from toxic effects. They nerfed his *** in to the ground man lol

Surviving the Gauntlet snap is pretty special company.   He was chosen as the most likely to survive.   I don’t see how it’s nerfing him there.  

I agree Marvel went Prof Hulk in a way I dislike.   But that’s where not owning his rights factors in a huge way IMO.  But  I don’t think him being disabled post snap was part of that.  Simply surviving the snap puts him with Thanos and no one else.  That’s pretty heady company. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well given that it nearly killed him, there's a limit, right?  And the fact it's mostly gamma radiation might be the only reason why he survived - and as we saw immediately post-snap, Hulk's right side was pretty wrecked.   And we saw it in the Cap-returning-stones scene, too.  So it's consistent.  

Remember, even 1 Infinity Stone's power exposed often kills ppl.  It took all 4 GOTG with Quill being half-Celestial to survive the Power Stone.

On that note, how did Barton hold one?  Is it just the power stone or all the stones?

4 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

On that note, how did Barton hold one?  Is it just the power stone or all the stones?

Presumably different traits.   Ancient One holding the Time Stone.  Reality stone has been held by lots of ppl.  In combination and when actually used though...

Remember when Thanos destroyed the stones with another snap according to Rocket it released an energy wave whose scale was never seen before.  

Edited by Broncofan

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Surviving the Gauntlet snap is pretty special company.   He was chosen as the most likely to survive.   I don’t see how it’s nerfing him there.  

I agree Marvel went Prof Hulk in a way I dislike.   But that’s where not owning his rights factors in a huge way IMO.  But  I don’t think him being disabled post snap was part of that.  Simply surviving the snap puts him with Thanos and no one else.  That’s pretty heady company. 

And he's deservedly so in that company. However, if it's mostly gamma radiation he should be capable of absorbing it and regenerating from whatever the other small amount of energy was. But I'll leave it at that, I've made my opinion pretty well known already.

6 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

If he snapped  half of all life (animals, plants), then his plan doesn't work anyway.  He wanted to cut it in half t=so that the half remaining could prosper..ie have enough resources to have to not worry about it.  Cutting the resources in half as well does nothing for that plan.

Exactly. From my understanding it was all intelligent life when he snapped.

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Did anyone else expect the Hulk to stand up in full Hulked-out rage mode when the Sorcerer Supreme knocked Bruce's consciousness out of his body?

Yea but remember they nerfed him to hell and back. If this was mindless rage Hulk he would have destroyed everything.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea but remember they nerfed him to hell and back. If this was mindless rage Hulk he would have destroyed everything.

I know.  How much they nerfed him was my one real criticism of Endgame.  It made sense at the beginning, but I was hoping that at the end, he went bonkers mode.