***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

30 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

To a degree some of them.

In the Avengers Fury burned his fingers picking up the tesseract.

There are some inconsistencies throughout these movies with the stones.

In Captain America: FA, Red Skull implies that mortal men looking directly at the tesseract will burn out their eyes or something.  Whether that was just folklore or the old guy trying to scare him, we don't really know.  But that obviously wasn't true, since lots of people were looking directly at it in Avengers.

I just assumed the soul stone didn't have that type of side effect.

So does anyone think that the underwater earthquake Natasha asked Okoye if she investigated is leading us to..........

PRINCE-NAMOR-23.jpg

He is a Black Panther villain so I could see him being introduced in Black Panther 2. He was also one of the first villains the Fantastic Four faced so that could be a good way to introduce them. If the Skrulls are going to become a major player (which the case can be made they are after Captain Marvel came out months before Endgame), Earth is going to need Reed, Sue, Johnny, and Ben. If they are introduced I think we're heading down a road to Galactus. Dr. Doom could also be that Loki type villain the new Avengers and Fantastic Four will have to deal with for multiple phases.

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

So does anyone think that the underwater earthquake Natasha asked Okoye if she investigated is leading us to..........

PRINCE-NAMOR-23.jpg

He is a Black Panther villain so I could see him being introduced in Black Panther 2. He was also one of the first villains the Fantastic Four faced so that could be a good way to introduce them. If the Skrulls are going to become a major player (which the case can be made they are after Captain Marvel came out months before Endgame), Earth is going to need Reed, Sue, Johnny, and Ben. If they are introduced I think we're heading down a road to Galactus. Dr. Doom could also be that Loki type villain the new Avengers and Fantastic Four will have to deal with for multiple phases.

Namor's been teased a couple of times, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was their way of giving a slight nod to the character. 

I figured they'd bring him in as a hero, but guess a villain would work also. 

7 minutes ago, D82 said:

Namor's been teased a couple of times, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was their way of giving a slight nod to the character. 

He has played both sides.  Tends to be a 'take care of his own'.  He would be great in an antihero role though.  Starts out against them, then they find a tenuous understanding.

I personally want Dr. Doom or Norman Osborne to the the next big bad.  I think incorporating a big bad that has economic and political clout would be a really neat turn from Thanos who is just brute power.  

• Like 1

Watched it a second time last night. That final act is still maybe the greatest thing I've ever seen in fiction. Cinema, TV, video games, whatever. From the moment Thanos fires on the Avengers compound to the end of the movie, every moment is just fantastic. So many great things though.

I do think it makes up for some weaker stretches earlier in the movie though. Did anyone else find the 1970s sequence just....boring? I get the purpose it serves, helping with the emotional payoff at the end of Cap and Tony's story arcs (Thor getting to talk to his mother did the same), but I feel like they weren't able to make that bit interesting along the way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Namor

Namor could be amazing as a villain and eventual ally if not member of the Avengers.  I figured he’d be returned with the Fantastic Four bcuz of his close association with them.  I read that Fox didn’t have the rights but Universal does   I don’t know what Marvel’s plans are with that studio seeing as how we haven’t seen a Hulk solo movie in 10+ yrs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

PRINCE-NAMOR-23.jpg

1 hour ago, D82 said:

30 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Namor could be amazing as a villain and eventual ally if not member of the Avengers.  I figured he’d be returned with the Fantastic Four bcuz of his close association with them.  I read that Fox didn’t have the rights but Universal does   I don’t know what Marvel’s plans are with that studio seeing as how we haven’t seen a Hulk solo movie in 10+ yrs. 

That's the rub.  Like I said b4, I think a huge part of why Hulk's been pushed aside from near-MVP ("we've got a Hulk" in Avengers to now) is the limits imposed on Marvel for his use.  I see the same outcome with Namor.

Sadly I don't see Universal & Marvel getting it done, short of Marvel acquring Universal (which seems very unlikely, never say never but geez).   I mean, Hulk was 100x a priority to acquire the rights over Namor, and nothing got done.  Plus, with the X-men and full Spider-man properties (minus Venom, IIRC) in play - I think the MCU has made their bed for a while.   

Edited by Broncofan