***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

Really good movie, don't think it was quite as good as Infinity War for me, but good nonetheless.

I probably should have watched Ant Man before this, there was definitely a lot here I was missing.

Loved the part with Tony Stark meeting his father in the past. Though very minor gripe, everything about his character arc in this movie kinda pointed to him dying in the end.

I cracked up when Thanos said to that girl with the red jazz "I don't know who you are", because I don't really know either. All I remember is she showed up in Infinity War and she's super powerful for some reason.

Only part I really didn't like was when Black Widow and Hawkeye were literally fighting over who gets to be sacrificed. The premise of each one wanting to do it was fine, the scene as a whole was really powerful, but when they were literally shooting at each other to stop the other one from jumping, that was over the top.

In a vacuum, I'd say it's nothing overly special, but considering all the hype, the expectation around this movie and to pull it off with zero major complaints (from anyone, from what I see), is something amazing. The end of the day, I think the marvel movies and the Avengers series in particular goes down as an amazing achievement in cinema.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Did anyone else feel Ike fat Thor was a terrible idea? It was funny for like 5 minutes but kinda hurts Thor’s persona. 

Wasn't keen on it at first, but after thinking about it more I'm fine with it. Him going through an emotional toll after feeling he failed is a realistic dynamic that people actually go through. To show that even prolonged failure can even effect a thunder god was interesting. Gave Thor more dimension. Now, he really seems like he's at a crossroads in his life after relinquishing his role as king. I'm anxious to see what he does in Guardians 3. I don't think he'll be fat Thor forever. He has his confidence back, and the weight of leading his people off his shoulders. 

Edited by PapaShogun

7 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Wasn't keen on it at first, but after thinking about it more I'm fine with it. Him going through an emotional toll after feeling he failed is a realistic dynamic that people actually go through. To show that even prolonged failure can even effect a thunder god was interesting. Gave Thor more dimension. Now, he really seems like he's at a crossroads in his life after relinquishing his role as king. I'm anxious to see what he does in Guardians 3. I don't think he'll be fat Thor forever. He has his confidence back, and the weight of leading his people off his shoulders. 

I hope he is still fat Thor when GotG3 hits. I think it plays better in the group. 

I guess there was a continuity mistake already spotted. When Ant Man and Wasp are in the van, and it cuts back to the battle you can see Giant Man taking on one of the leviathan creatures or something. 

Also, after seeing it twice I've still missed Okoye killing Corvus Glaive. Gotta be on the lookout for that. 

Just occurred to me that the all female hero team would nuke the all male squad. Especially with Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch on that side. 

Edited by PapaShogun

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

My question is this...

With Natasha dead, how are they going to treat the Black Widow movie?

Well this movie ends 5 years in the future, so they have a few years to play with now.

That's going to be weird to adjust to as a viewer. Every movie coming out for the next few years will take place in the near future.

Im still mixed on alot of my feelings on the movie as a whole

Most of all, Im glad they landed the plane. That was my biggest fear, and while some of the beginning dragged on, most everything we saw was needed and earned.

I got chills when we got one last "on your left" from Falcon. It was a really cool way to bring everyone back, and it gave a hint at him being the new leader.

I think im still wrapping my head around the Time Travel stuff they went for. Because while in theory if they brought back all of the stones to the moment they were taken, it should keep that timeline, that already assumes they win (I know we all knew that but this is a time travel argument) because the minute they remove them, it starts all kinds of new futures without those stones, and they wouldnt have ended up where they were (no battle of NY, no battle on Xandar, no Age of Ultron...) Feels like they put so much thought into this movie, and when it came to this they just said "we'll tell them it will be fine and they'll belive us"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think im still wrapping my head around the Time Travel stuff they went for. Because while in theory if they brought back all of the stones to the moment they were taken, it should keep that timeline, that already assumes they win (I know we all knew that but this is a time travel argument) because the minute they remove them, it starts all kinds of new futures without those stones, and they wouldnt have ended up where they were (no battle of NY, no battle on Xandar, no Age of Ultron...) Feels like they put so much thought into this movie, and when it came to this they just said "we'll tell them it will be fine and they'll belive us"

Except they put the stones back in the exact moments they took them from. Even if they didnt, it wouldve fractured time as the Ancient One explains. It would not have effected OUR time line because as proff Hulk also explains, if you change the past it doesnt change your future because you wouldnt have the future in which you decided to go into the past anymore. This is why they didnt baby Hitler Thanos. 

• Like 1

I want to know how you handle Far From Home going forward. Like Peter's class is going to be largely different as only the ones who are the same age vanished in the snap.

Edited by Bullet Club

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

I guess there was a continuity mistake already spotted. When Ant Man and Wasp are in the van, and it cuts back to the battle you can see Giant Man taking on one of the leviathan creatures or something. 

Also, after seeing it twice I've still missed Okoye killing Corvus Glaive. Gotta be on the lookout for that. 

Just occurred to me that the all female hero team would nuke the all male squad. Especially with Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch on that side. 

It happened so fast I wasn’t sure what I saw until I read your post.  

My brother didn’t like the movie much, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I’ve seen all the movies but he is a much bigger fan than I am.

37 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I want to know how you handle Far From Home going forward. Like Peter's class is going to be largely different as only the ones who are the same age vanished in the snap.

Its possible that it takes place prior to IF since Fiege has said that its not the start of the next phase. 

19 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Its possible that it takes place prior to IF since Fiege has said that its not the start of the next phase. 

I thought the rumor was it takes place immediately after Endgame.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

It should be relatively easy. Ned and any main characters just so happened to dissapear with the snap so are still high school aged. Those who aged 5 years managed to graduate high school and move on.