***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

One more note about nerfing Hulk.  I'm rewatching Avengers and he is almost twice the height of everyone else, even Thor.  In Endgame, he is just above average height.

I get that it is part of the merging, but it was one thing I really disliked.  

47 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

One more note about nerfing Hulk.  I'm rewatching Avengers and he is almost twice the height of everyone else, even Thor.  In Endgame, he is just above average height.

I get that it is part of the merging, but it was one thing I really disliked.  

Average height is 5’9 and he looked to be about 7-8 ft tall.  Would’ve been cool to see him Hulk out and grow bigger but he wasn’t in shape to after using the Gauntlet.  

6 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Yeah so what was the purpose of making hulk basically worthless. He was everyone’s favorite in the first couple avengers. Since then, Garbo. 

This way Ruffalo can just do the voice overs.  They can keep the Hulk active for the entirety of Phase 4 and probably longer.  Can't say the same for Hemsworth or Renner.

7 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Yeah so what was the purpose of making hulk basically worthless. He was everyone’s favorite in the first couple avengers. Since then, Garbo. 

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

My guess is to keep Ruffalo involved more. 

50 minutes ago, theJ said:

This way Ruffalo can just do the voice overs.  They can keep the Hulk active for the entirety of Phase 4 and probably longer.  Can't say the same for Hemsworth or Renner.

Also keep in mind Marvel only has limited usage rights for Hulk.  He can’t be a stand-alone main character and can only be used as part of an ensemble.   So to have him be the most powerful member of the group but always be on the sidelines as a supporting member is tough - especially now that Stark and Rogers are no longer there.    

It sucks that the business side can factor in but I have no doubt it does.   Even in Ragnorok the screen time was managed so it’s clear he’s just a supporting player.  

Hulk has never had more than 20-21 mins of screen time and always much less than Rogers / Stark (or Hemsworth in Ragnorok - 58: 17, and only 4-5 mins more than Hela/Loki/ Valkyrie, and a fair bit as Banner).   That’s not a coincidence it’s planned to ensure they adhere to the limited usage rights they own.   It sucks but it is what it is.  

• Like 2

This movie was way too unrealistic. I don't know if Fortnite will be dead by 2023 but we'll have definitely moved on to a next console generation by then. All the immersion was lost right there. 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

This movie was way too unrealistic. I don't know if Fortnite will be dead by 2023 but we'll have definitely moved on to a next console generation by then. All the immersion was lost right there. 

Thanos specifically snapped away all the software and game system developers obviously. Thanos is about not having fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

There's supposedly a captain Britain easter egg during the scene were Cap goes back to the 70s and sees Peggy..supposedly she talks about him but there's no audio during that scene....

You hear her say something like "Braddock hasn't checked in", Braddock being CB's last name.

Captain Marvel is boring? 

Carol Danvers was an Air Force pilot during the 80s, a time when women weren't allowed to fly combat missions. Yet she was one of the best pilots they had. She reached that point overcoming adversity her entire life based on her sex, always being told she couldn't do something 'because she's a girl'. 

She ends up being essentially kidnapped by the Kree, lied to and again had her full potential kept under control. Yon-Rogg was planning on using her to wipe out an entire race of people based on a lie. She discovers the truth, fights back and saves the Skrulls and unlocks her true abilities all while being reunited with her best friend after a decade of essentially being a prisoner. 

SW's character arc has been more fleshed out - but, she's also been in more films up to this point. Of course, Carol's story is going to feel a bit more rushed. But there is a story there. I would have loved to have seen both been more involved in Endgame, but it really wasn't their movie to do so. It was Thor's, Steve's, and Tony's. I hope that in future installments we get to see both go balls to the wall and really get to see these two women kick some ***. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, D82 said:

Captain Marvel is boring? 

Carol Danvers was an Air Force pilot during the 80s, a time when women weren't allowed to fly combat missions. Yet she was one of the best pilots they had. She reached that point overcoming adversity her entire life based on her sex, always being told she couldn't do something 'because she's a girl'. 

She ends up being essentially kidnapped by the Kree, lied to and again had her full potential kept under control. Yon-Rogg was planning on using her to wipe out an entire race of people based on a lie. She discovers the truth, fights back and saves the Skrulls and unlocks her true abilities all while being reunited with her best friend after a decade of essentially being a prisoner. 

SW's character arc has been more fleshed out - but, she's also been in more films up to this point. Of course, Carol's story is going to feel a bit more rushed. But there is a story there. I would have loved to have seen both been more involved in Endgame, but it really wasn't their movie to do so. It was Thor's, Steve's, and Tony's. I hope that in future installments we get to see both go balls to the wall and really get to see these two women kick some ***. 

The story is interesting, the character thus far isn't. None of those things changed who she was. There was almost zero character growth from beginning to end of her movie.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 2