***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Captain Marvel is boring? 

Carol Danvers was an Air Force pilot during the 80s, a time when women weren't allowed to fly combat missions. Yet she was one of the best pilots they had. She reached that point overcoming adversity her entire life based on her sex, always being told she couldn't do something 'because she's a girl'. 

She ends up being essentially kidnapped by the Kree, lied to and again had her full potential kept under control. Yon-Rogg was planning on using her to wipe out an entire race of people based on a lie. She discovers the truth, fights back and saves the Skrulls and unlocks her true abilities all while being reunited with her best friend after a decade of essentially being a prisoner. 

SW's character arc has been more fleshed out - but, she's also been in more films up to this point. Of course, Carol's story is going to feel a bit more rushed. But there is a story there. I would have loved to have seen both been more involved in Endgame, but it really wasn't their movie to do so. It was Thor's, Steve's, and Tony's. I hope that in future installments we get to see both go balls to the wall and really get to see these two women kick some ***. 

How did I know you would take offense to that?

CM has gotten her own movie and she's still boring. SW hasn't and yet they have given her more depth in that limited screen time then Carol got for her entire movie.

SW>>>>>CM

I would have much preferred to see a movie about her.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

The story is interesting, the character thus far isn't. None of those things changed who she was. There was almost zero character growth from beginning to end of her movie.

I think this is a good way to put it.  Nothing that has happened to her has really changed who she is or made her evolve as a person.  

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think this is a good way to put it.  Nothing that has happened to her has really changed who she is or made her evolve as a person.  

I don't think there will be because there is nothing else left for her to learn.

In Brie Larson's own words Carol Danvers is worthy of picking up Mjolnir and I believe that I read somewhere that Feige agreed with her. So where to go with her? She's already perfect, and the way it was presented in her movie there is nothing wrong with her just the world around her. So you can't teach her character anything because she already knows everything.

21 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Exactly my point.  Think about all the changes nearly everyone else has gone through.  Cap, Iron Man, and Thor are vastly different people than they were at the start of each of their first movies.  They were different people than they were by the end of their first movies, pretty drastically so actually.  CM has the added bonus of essentially being invulnerable.  Thanos hit her with a full blast from the power stone and it didn't even draw blood or leave a bruise.  So she has no stakes either, at least not to her person.

It just occured to me. We never got the Dr.Strange moment that was rumored about for months now. The one that supposedly just had him in a CGI that took up a bulk of the film's budget? I guess that was all just misdirection cause I didn't see anything like that in the movie.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

It just occured to me. We never got the Dr.Strange moment that was rumored about for months now. The one that supposedly just had him in a CGI that took up a bulk of the film's budget? I guess that was all just misdirection cause I didn't see anything like that in the movie.

Maybe what he did with the water to keep it out of the crater they were fighting in?

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I don't remember hearing about that?

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

How did I know you would take offense to that?

CM has gotten her own movie and she's still boring. SW hasn't and yet they have given her more depth in that limited screen time then Carol got for her entire movie.

SW>>>>>CM

I would have much preferred to see a movie about her.

I think they could flesh out Danvers more, sure. I didn't view her movie as boring, but that's me. *shrug*

I wonder if once they bring in the X-Men and mutants, if we don't see Rogue steal her powers?

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

I think they could flesh out Danvers more, sure. I didn't view her movie as boring, but that's me. *shrug*

I wonder if once they bring in the X-Men and mutants, if we don't see Rogue steal her powers?

I don't think any of us view her movie as boring.  Just that she didn't have the personal development that we've seen in most other characters in the MCU.

Rogue taking her powers would be a great way for CM to have to grow as a person.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

See I brought this up cause I didn't think anyone else caught on too it. But CM at the very end in her Kree War Suit puts on her leather jacket over it that she had from flight school. It seemed very familiar then I remembered that was Rogue's popular look in her tights with a brown leather jacket on.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I don't think any of us view her movie as boring.  Just that she didn't have the personal development that we've seen in most other characters in the MCU.

Rogue taking her powers would be a great way for CM to have to grow as a person.  

That end fight to me was boring. Extremely boring. Why not give her a battle with a future villain that we might see? Actually that would be a very interesting twist for CM 2.

With her being all powerful give her a fight with Kang the Conqeruer where she loses the fight and has to flee leading into her needing to reassemble the Avengers.

Edited by Calvert28

5 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

This movie was way too unrealistic. 

If you think this was unrealistic wait until you see Longshot where Seth Rogen romances Charlize Theron.  Endgame is basically a documentary compared to that science fiction. 

18 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

That end fight to me was boring. Extremely boring. Why not give her a battle with a future villain that we might see? Actually that would be a very interesting twist for CM 2.

With her being all powerful give her a fight with Kang the Conqeruer where she loses the fight and has to flee leading into her needing to reassemble the Avengers.

Now that could be an interesting way to introducing the next 'Big Bad'. Have Carol go up against Kang and lose at the end of CM 2, leading to her having to reach out for assistance from the Avengers. 

And maybe in the mean time on Earth, the X-Men and mutants in general are being introduced and making their appearance. 

• Like 1