***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

35 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

You dont see Tony in the previews. Only Happy.

21 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I thought the rumor was it takes place immediately after Endgame.

both true. It could go either way really. The biggest thing for me is that it would be weird to have it be this limbo movie. Maybe they are using it as a palate cleanser? 

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

It should be relatively easy. Ned and any main characters just so happened to dissapear with the snap so are still high school aged. Those who aged 5 years managed to graduate high school and move on.

It'd actually be a badass way to introduce Gwen/Harry.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Did anyone else feel Ike fat Thor was a terrible idea? It was funny for like 5 minutes but kinda hurts Thor’s persona. 

Thought it was perfect. With Infinity War beginning directly after Ragnarock you've had Thor experience the following in a very short period of time (couple of days/weeks?)

• Death of his Dad.
  • Banished to Sakar
  • Having to Kill his Crazy Sister (who he didn't know about) whilst losing an eye.
  • Destruction of Asgard
  • Slaughtering of Half the remaining of Asgardians
  • Getting pummelled by a Star.
  • Failing to "Go for the Head" and losing billions to Thanos when he had a chance to kill him.

Him falling into depression and self-loathing seems pretty spot on given that emotional roller coaster of failure. More so than any other Avengers, Thors kinda failed repeatedly both as a "hero" and a "King".

I hope he's back in Shape for Thor 4/Guardians 3, but realistically the MCU is always going to have to find ways to nerf Thor a little which is frustrating.

Edited by Magnifico
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

I like what they did with Steve. At some point he has to move on and - regardless of the 9 picture deal - he's been hinting at wanting to stop fighting and just settle down since Avengers 1. Thor's ending I absolutely hated. He just doesn't fit with the GoTG unless he stays out of shape thus nerfing him still.

In Avengers 2 though he he says he doesn't know any other life outside of the Avengers so they kinda kept flip flopping.

49 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

It should be relatively easy. Ned and any main characters just so happened to dissapear with the snap so are still high school aged. Those who aged 5 years managed to graduate high school and move on.

Which is funny, because at that scene at the end it looked like Ned hadn't seen Peter in five years, and he's shocked to see him again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Simple answer?  They decided to subvert expectations while also seeing how much money Black Panther made, so they decided to make the new Captain America into Sam so they have another African-American led franchise character.  It looks like they have also have precedent, as a 2012-15 comic arc had the character become Captain America as well.  

Oh I kinda forgot about that character arc. Funny how all these arcs just happen to spring up when Disney just decides to make movies about them. No influence on their part of course, cause a mega corporation would never do that but I suppose that arc left the option open in case they decided to go in a different direction which they did. I think we can get a good idea of stories they are probably going to put into Marvel's new phase with the new arcs that come about in the comics.I didn't really want Bucky taking up the mantle either I would have prefer the mantle to stay hung up. TBH I'm less upset about this then I am about Thor's. Like seriously when did they give examples of Valkyries leadership? Thor was groomed from birth to be a warrior and a leader yet suddenly that's not who he is?

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, agree 100% on Captain Marvel.  I also think we are oversimplifying the one in 14 million just being Tony Stark's sacrifice.  What also plays into it are Banner and the Hulk meshing into one, the odds of a rat reactivating the Quantum Realm machine after five years and returning Ant-Man to the real world and a host of other plot items that happened that have long odds/chances attached to them.  

I thought the rat scene was funny. Yea maybe your right about all the events, but I am still pissed at how much they have nerfed Hulk. Ok so you don't want to give him his limitless strength but your telling me he doesn't even have his regenerative abilities?

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I guess there was a continuity mistake already spotted. When Ant Man and Wasp are in the van, and it cuts back to the battle you can see Giant Man taking on one of the leviathan creatures or something. 

Also, after seeing it twice I've still missed Okoye killing Corvus Glaive. Gotta be on the lookout for that. 

Just occurred to me that the all female hero team would nuke the all male squad. Especially with Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch on that side. 

Pretty sure she didn't. I thought I saw him and his staff getting ashed away at the end.

Just occured? They further nerfed Thor, and IM in this movie while keeping SW and CM the exact same. It took a literal power stone shot to even knock CM away from Thanos. But him even without the gauntlet was able to beat the s*** out of all 3 of them and without even breaking a sweat?

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Pretty sure she didn't. I thought I saw him and his staff getting ashed away at the end.

Just occured? They further nerfed Thor, and IM in this movie while keeping SW and CM the exact same. It took a literal power stone shot to even knock CM away from Thanos. But him even without the gauntlet was able to beat the s*** out of all 3 of them and without even breaking a sweat?

Reading on reddit multiple people said she killed him.

Don't have an issue with Thanos whipping ***. He's a conqueror, and clearly knows how to fight. Having non 5 year depression/in shape Thor would have made a difference probably. Dr. Strange would have been a huge help.

But with what I was saying with the all women squad, even with IW Thor they'd get smashed on. Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch are just too huge tanks. Strange would be the biggest tank on the male squad probably. 

Edited by PapaShogun

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Except they put the stones back in the exact moments they took them from. Even if they didnt, it wouldve fractured time as the Ancient One explains. It would not have effected OUR time line because as proff Hulk also explains, if you change the past it doesnt change your future because you wouldnt have the future in which you decided to go into the past anymore. This is why they didnt baby Hitler Thanos. 

Yea but did you notice all the stones were just that, Stones? No cube, no sceptre, no aether, no nothing, so I am still wondering how that plan was supposed to be pulled off. I mean they can't just leave the power stone lying around somewhere cause in theory the moment it touches the ground then that entire planet would rupture and be destroyed.

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Reading on reddit multiple people said she killed him.

Don't have an issue with Thanos whipping ***. He's a conqueror, and clearly knows how to fight. Having non 5 year depression/in shape Thor would have made a difference probably. 

But with what I was saying with the all women squad, even with IW Thor they'd get smashed on.

Thor I can agree with to an extent but Stormbreaker didn't power down. But IM showed the ability with his suit to take on Thanos with multiple stones. Now all of a sudden all 3 get knocked around?

My point was it should have been obvious they would have easily beaten the male team since they kept nerfing the male character powers. And then we got the pushy all-female squad for no reason what so ever playing rugby with the gauntlet and Thanos all of a sudden get his *** kicked by them.