***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

It was "pushy" in that it felt forced, but let's not act like it wasn't a great scene. It's literally the same thing they did in IW that people loved so much with "random" teamups. This was a "random" teamup.

I see. Where does one draw the line with that. Was Black Panther pushy or forced? If an all women team up film comes out from Marvel?

Don't see what the rub is for. The scene is less than 10 seconds long.

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

It was "pushy" in that it felt forced, but let's not act like it wasn't a great scene. It's literally the same thing they did in IW that people loved so much with "random" teamups. This was a "random" teamup.

There was so many great scenes. But I didn't like it because they could have used that shot for the "new" Avengers. And we now know that Paltrow who plays Pepper is not even going to return.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

I see. Where does one draw the line with that. Was Black Panther pushy or forced? If an all women team up film comes out from Marvel?

I'm not angry with the scene at all. I cited it as a highlight of the film for me and screamed "eff yeah" in the theatre because I was happy that Pepper got Rescue Armor and Valkyrie played a serious role in that battle. And an all woman Marvel movie probably should be made, tbh.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Alot of people thought BP was pushy. Especially when the Golden Globes or Acadamy w/e came around and it was up for awards and not Infinity War.

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

The one where they all just happened to end up in the same place to make a run for the van even though the new Avengers team is supposedly going to have Falcon as the new Captain America and such. What was the point when they could have hinted at the new Avengers forming?

I don't get your perspective. What does Sam as the new Captain America have to do with all of the MCU ladies standing together in a fight?

Maybe it was forced maybe it wasn't, it was a great scene. If there is a negative to it would be that what are any of them going to do to help Captain Marvel. She doesn't need any of their help and only SW would be capable of doing much. Still it was cool so I forgive that, like I forgive how little sense Cap's ending makes because it was cool.

Edited by Bullet Club

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Alot of people thought BP was pushy. Especially when the Golden Globes or Acadamy w/e came around and it was up for awards and not Infinity War.

They thought it was pushy when it was released? I thought everyone was excited. 

It has no control over it receiving recognition. Don't see how that's Marvel's issue.

Edited by PapaShogun

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

99% of the time it's a group of superhero dudes saving the day - nobody bats an eye. 

One scene of superhero chicks fighting Thanos successfully and certain groups of people lose their minds

I think your jumping to conclusions. No one, including myself batted an eyelash at SW whooping Thanos ***. I loved that scene. But circumstance and it just happened that way with the Rugby scene. Again its pushy.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

They thought it was pushy when it was released? I thought everyone was excited. 

It has no control over it receiving recognition. Don't see how that's Marvel's issue.

Its the way it was marketed. As something that has never been done before, which IMO sounded ironically racist.

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I don't get your perspective. What does Sam as the new Captain America have to do with all of the MCU ladies standing together in a fight?

Because it reiterates the claim that the scene was pushy. Even if they do make a all female Super Hero movie which wouldn't be bad. But we all know the New Avengers are going to come first. So why the all female scene when they could have given a hint at who's going to be apart of it like Falcon? The scene I maintain was completely unecessary because Paltrow won't even play IW in the future, and who knows if some of these actresses will be back. I'm still not sure about Olsen sticking around which I hope she does. But it was a missed opportunity for the New team to be shown.

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Weird. Never got that notion. 

You might hate it when Shang Chi gets promoted in a couple of years.

No they literally put that in articles. That it was a movie that has never been seen before at how it was produced.

Why would I hate it?

33 minutes ago, D82 said:

So where do we go from here?

Thor’s with the GOTG now? Does Gamorra rejoin?

No mention of Vision at all. Thought that was interesting. 

2014 Gamora is around. She doesn't have all the experiences with the Guardians though. The third film will probably have to do with tracking her down. I expect Thor to be back, and more information revealed on Adam Warlock.

Vision is dead, but might be brought back in some way. Shuri seemed close to uploading his consciousness or whatever in Wakanda before she dusted. WandaVision is a new series on Disney+, so he should be back somehow. Maybe Wanda just goes nutty though.

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

No they literally put that in articles. That it was a movie that has never been seen before at how it was produced.

Why would I hate it?

You'll hate the marketing machine for it if the one for Black Panther bothered you. That is slated to be the first Chinese superhero with what I'm guessing will be a majority Chinese cast. That's never been done before on a huge scale either like BP was. It will be talked about. Same if an all females group team up film is made

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Because it reiterates the claim that the scene was pushy. Even if they do make a all female Super Hero movie which wouldn't be bad. But we all know the New Avengers are going to come first. So why the all female scene when they could have given a hint at who's going to be apart of it like Falcon? The scene I maintain was completely unecessary because Paltrow won't even play IW in the future, and who knows if some of these actresses will be back. I'm still not sure about Olsen sticking around which I hope she does. But it was a missed opportunity for the New team to be shown.

How do you know when a new Avengers film will be released? That could be years, and years from now.