Your Top 5 Big Board for pick 9

Trentwannabe

1. Ed Oliver DT

2. Montez Sweat DE

3. Devin White LB

4. TJ Hockenson TE

5. Brian Burns DE

Defense is obviously the strong point of this draft. We have added a lot of offensive talent so it only make sense for us to add a defensive player (did not see me saying that a few months ago). I added Hockenson to list cause TE might be our biggest hole on the team. But I see is adding a receiver whether it be a WR or a TE in the 2nd round

Not sure if its rumors flying around false or true but 3 teams have been rumored to be smitten by Oliver and those 3 teams are all top 5 picks. As days go on the hype train seems to pick back up, we all thought that the bills will be a top 3 pick back in mid season and everyone was talking about oliver being the pick. As the bills kept winning towards the end and oliver missing time because of injury we all assumed he would drop a bit but now it seems like hes being built back up to be a top 3 to top 5 pick. If we truly want Oliver, we can only hope that Bosa is taken #1 and hope that Oakland drafts Murray. I can see Jets passing on Oliver to draft Allen as they desperately need a pass rusher. TB has a need at LB and the rumor is they like Devin White a lot and hope they take him over Oliver. 

The good news is Montez Sweat is said to be dropping with his heart eventhough he was cleared for the draft and to play in the NFL.

32 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Not sure if its rumors flying around false or true but 3 teams have been rumored to be smitten by Oliver and those 3 teams are all top 5 picks. As days go on the hype train seems to pick back up, we all thought that the bills will be a top 3 pick back in mid season and everyone was talking about oliver being the pick. As the bills kept winning towards the end and oliver missing time because of injury we all assumed he would drop a bit but now it seems like hes being built back up to be a top 3 to top 5 pick. If we truly want Oliver, we can only hope that Bosa is taken #1 and hope that Oakland drafts Murray. I can see Jets passing on Oliver to draft Allen as they desperately need a pass rusher. TB has a need at LB and the rumor is they like Devin White a lot and hope they take him over Oliver. 

The good news is Montez Sweat is said to be dropping with his heart eventhough he was cleared for the draft and to play in the NFL.

I'd mock

1.Cards -  Kyler Murray

2. 9ers - Nick Bosa

3. Jets - Josh Allen

4. Raiders - Quinnen Williams

5. Bucs - Devin White

6. Giants - Dwayne Haskins

7. Jags - Jawaan Taylor

8. Lions - Rashan Gary

9. Bills - Ed Oliver

7 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'd mock

1.Cards -  Kyler Murray

2. 9ers - Nick Bosa

3. Jets - Josh Allen

4. Raiders - Quinnen Williams

5. Bucs - Devin White

6. Giants - Dwayne Haskins

7. Jags - Jawaan Taylor

8. Lions - Rashan Gary

9. Bills - Ed Oliver

Thats the hope but I do not see it playing out that way. Why would Lions pass on Oliver to land Gary they will likely both play 3-4 DE and Oliver is known to get to the passer and is being compared to aaron donald where Gary has struggled to get sacks at the college level? Also why is jags set in stone with a Taylor? They just cut Malik Jackson why wouldnt they pair dareus up with Oliver? Bucs are 1.7 mil above cap that cant sign the 1st rd pick let alone the entire draft class, they only have one main option and that is to trade McCoy to clear 13 mil, what better way to fill the McCoy hole with the upcoming 3 Tech DT like Oliver. 

To me there are to many teams that can say that taking oliver is a smart move at their pick. Yes they can easily go with  the pick you mocked but they can easily take oliver instead. To me Oliver is the hardest player to judge in this entire draft that is not a QB. He can easily be drafted anywhere from pick 3-9.

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

My current mock for the top 8 is:

Ari - Murray
49ers - Williams
Jets - Bosa
Raiders - Oliver
Giants - Allen
Jags - Hockenson
Lions - Jonah Williams

Basically a doomsday scenario for Buffalo. 

I wouldnt say doomsday Devin White and Montez Sweat are still out there and then you have Metcalf or Taylor if you want to go offense. Its not ideal but those guys will be impact players. Also a few people have been saying that Noah Fant is a realistic option in the top 10. Others have Noah over TJ as the #1 te in the class. Not to mention the option of trading back to get another 2nd round pick. Your missing Bucs, my guess is white was the pick?

Edited by soflbillsfan

9 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I wouldnt say doomsday Devin White and Montez Sweat are still out there and then you have Metcalf or Taylor if you want to go offense. Its not ideal but those guys will be impact players. Also a few people have been saying that Noah Fant is a realistic option in the top 10. Others have Noah over TJ as the #1 te in the class. Not to mention the option of trading back to get another 2nd round pick. Your missing Bucs, my guess is white was the pick?

Yes meant to have the Bucs with White.

Apparently some teams have Sweat off their board despite clearing the medicals. Some reports suggesting he is a 2nd round guy on most boards and media has inflated him. I think Fant or Metcalf would be the pick. Wilkins another option. Not sure who teams would be trading up to get in this scenario. Maybe Haskins. 

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yes meant to have the Bucs with White.

Apparently some teams have Sweat off their board despite clearing the medicals. Some reports suggesting he is a 2nd round guy on most boards and media has inflated him. I think Fant or Metcalf would be the pick. Wilkins another option. Not sure who teams would be trading up to get in this scenario. Maybe Haskins. 

Not sure about Sweat falling to 2nd rd or even having grades in the 2nd rd only in hopes he drops to late 1st, the heart is an issue but that was cleared i think its as big of a risk as it would be taking metcalf since he was cleared from a neck injury. Sweat had 24 sacks in the 2 seasons he played at Miss St, since he had to sit out his soph year for transferring to miss st from Mich St. He would be an upgrade at pass rusher to replace murphy and lawson. Wouldnt hate the wilkins move but like fant and metcalf i would want to trade back. Lock, Haskins, and Jones all have been discussed as top 10 options but this could be a media hype more so then anything. Still have teams out there that would need a future qb: bengals at 11, Phins at 13, Skins at 15, Giants at 17, Raiders picks 24 and 27, Patriots at 32 (no thanks but have a ton of day 2 picks that could be enticing), Gb has been talked about a lot lately on a qb not sure if they would want to move one of their picks.

24 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

My current mock for the top 8 is:

Ari - Murray
49ers - Williams
Jets - Bosa
Raiders - Oliver
Bucs - White
Giants - Allen
Jags - Hockenson
Lions - Jonah Williams

Basically a doomsday scenario for Buffalo. 

Sweat should be the easy selection here. Maybe even Taylor and Burns

15 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Not sure about Sweat falling to 2nd rd or even having grades in the 2nd rd only in hopes he drops to late 1st

Both Albert Breer and Matt Miller have said something about him falling according to their "sources". You could be right and it is someone trying to get him to fall. Or it could be another Daquon Bowers situation. 

Either way, if the Bills take him their medical staff will be on the hook.

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

See my above post for current concerns/rumours on Sweat.

Taylor is a solid choice but I am not a huge fan of a guy who can only be a RT. HELL NO on Burns. 

I personally dont think Burns is great. Id rather go with White or Bush. I think the Bills are in love with Burns however. He has been rising on draft boards and Bills have shown a ton of interest in him

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Updated:

1. Ed Oliver
2. TJ Hockenson
3. Jonah Williams
4. Andre Dillard
5. DK Metcalf 

This is exactly mine as well. 

Pretty convinced the only way we get Oliver is if we move up. So I'm hoping for Hockenson.

• Like 1