Your Top 5 Big Board for pick 9

Trentwannabe

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Have they? I'm not challenging I just haven't seen anything personally. To me he is a 3-4 OLB and way too light to play End for McDermott.

Yes they interviewed him at the combine. And they brought him in for a predraft visit. There is very few players who have had both with us Think others has been Ja'awan Taylor, Rashan Gary, Greg Little, and DK Metcalf. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Both Albert Breer and Matt Miller have said something about him falling according to their "sources". You could be right and it is someone trying to get him to fall. Or it could be another Daquon Bowers situation. 

Either way, if the Bills take him their medical staff will be on the hook.

I think it will be a minor slip. His heart condition isn't that serious. I see him still as a top 15 selection. I don't see him slipping to the 2nd as someone said. I think that is someone trying to get him to fall to their team and try to take advantage of a minor issue.

12 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Have they? I'm not challenging I just haven't seen anything personally. To me he is a 3-4 OLB and way too light to play End for McDermott.

10 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Yes they interviewed him at the combine. And they brought him in for a predraft visit. There is very few players who have had both with us Think others has been Ja'awan Taylor, Rashan Gary, Greg Little, and DK Metcalf. 

To follow up to Marshawn, they were at his pro day too. People think he is to light but keep in mind he is only 6 pounds lighter then hughes and he has been a solid contributor. Burns is trying to be his best possible self and has showed that by hitting the gym gaining weight and still showing that explosion. I could see him putting on more weight during training camp and coming in around hughes weight for preseason and if he can maintain his explosion off the line then he could be a sneaky good player.

55 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

To follow up to Marshawn, they were at his pro day too. People think he is to light but keep in mind he is only 6 pounds lighter then hughes and he has been a solid contributor. Burns is trying to be his best possible self and has showed that by hitting the gym gaining weight and still showing that explosion. I could see him putting on more weight during training camp and coming in around hughes weight for preseason and if he can maintain his explosion off the line then he could be a sneaky good player.

Fair enough. But he also said on Sirius XM he is more comfortable off the line and see's himself as 3-4 LB.

Scouting defense isn't my thing but I wonder if the Bills see him as a SLB role similar to Zo as opposed to an undersized DE? I'm not just a fan of two undersized DE especially with the history of McDermott's defense. 

31 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Fair enough. But he also said on Sirius XM he is more comfortable off the line and see's himself as 3-4 LB.

Scouting defense isn't my thing but I wonder if the Bills see him as a SLB role similar to Zo as opposed to an undersized DE? I'm not just a fan of two undersized DE especially with the history of McDermott's defense. 

Thats a possibility as he does have the sideline to sideline speed to play SLB, keep in mind Anthony Barr was a 3-4 OLB in college before being drafted by the vikes, (at pick 12 i think??). Still wouldnt be a bad player to have in that role long term either as it needs to be filled this offseason or next. 

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Thats a possibility as he does have the sideline to sideline speed to play SLB, keep in mind Anthony Barr was a 3-4 OLB in college before being drafted by the vikes, (at pick 12 i think??). Still wouldnt be a bad player to have in that role long term either as it needs to be filled this offseason or next. 

If that is who the Bills draft I will be very interested to see where they line him up. 

16 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

rumor is skins and jets are in talks of a trade, that means jets drop to 15 and one more team comes up for a qb which allows players to slide down. 

That would be sweet.

Means Murray, Haskins, Q.W, Bosa, Allen, White likely make out the top 6. Meaning one of Hockenson, Jonah and Oliver has to be there at 9.

13 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

6 pounds doesn't seem like a lot, but you are ignoring his height. He's 3 inches taller than Hughes. He's built like a receiving TE. Look at pics of the guy - his center of gravity is high.  You can get away with that in college, because the speed matters more than the power. At this level, though, come on. I'm running right at him over and over again and would expect a lot of OT's to lock him up in the passing game, too. He needs more mass in his ***!  LOL Simply put, I'd pass on him.

9 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

6 pounds doesn't seem like a lot, but you are ignoring his height. He's 3 inches taller than Hughes. He's built like a receiving TE. Look at pics of the guy - his center of gravity is high.  You can get away with that in college, because the speed matters more than the power. At this level, though, come on. I'm running right at him over and over again and would expect a lot of OT's to lock him up in the passing game, too. He needs more mass in his ***!  LOL Simply put, I'd pass on him.

Hes already put on weight and proved he did not lose his speed. He is expected to put on more before camp according to his agent. The bills obviously see something as they met with him several times. So weight cant be to big of concern for them.

On 4/16/2019 at 11:39 AM, soflbillsfan said:

1. Ed Oliver
2. Kevin White
3. Montez Sweat
4. Jawaan Taylor
5. Brian Burns

With the talks heating up more and more I think Oliver and white will be off the board by the time the bills pick at 9 so I have decided to update my top 5 that should be there or close to it at pick 9.

1. Monteaz Sweat, He has a heart condition which the league cleared, if he is there and the bills medical staff cleared him upon meeting with him this is the guy to take, not only was he a combine beast but the 2 years he played at Miss St he had the 2nd most sacks only behind Josh Allen in the SEC. He was #1 in run stopping % last year and 11th most pressures in College. 22.5 sacks in the 2 years is pretty impressive. His speed and arm length are better then the average. I think he would be the long term pass rusher the bills are looking for. 
2. Tj Hockenson as much as I didnt want this as I feel like Te is an overrated aspect of the offense he could be a safety net to Josh Allen and put some extra blocking on the run game if need be.
3. Christian Wilkins another DT raising up as he is a 3 tech DT the bills need to fill long term as I like Jordan Phillips I just dont see him as starter material and think they would complement each other. Only knock on him is he is a huge DT and Mcdermott made the comment they arent looking for space eaters and want someone more agile. Even at the size of 315 he still can move.
4. Jawaan Taylor he is a true RT the bills could look at 
5. Brian Burns, he has the grit and attitude Mcdermott likes to see his speed is not as quick as Sweats but is close and can be wreaking havoc on the passer, the only bright spot on FSU team the last few years with 38.5 sacks. His knock is his weight which is 249 pounds but will likely bulk up to 260 by the time the season gets under way. 

With Oliver and White off the board and all 5 still available come pick 9 ideally want to see if they can make a move back with a team in hopes of recouping an extra 2nd rd pick.

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1

Ed Oliver of TJ Hockenson for pick 9, but if none of them is available I really would love  to trade down to the late 10's and try to get a 2nd round pick as compensation so.

We could then draft who's left of the Sweat/Wilkins/Dillard/Taylor/Burns group with our pick in the first round. And dreamscenario would then be swapping our two second round picks into a early 20's first round pick with Metcalf still on the board so we can have him with our 2nd pick.