Your Top 5 Big Board for pick 9

Trentwannabe

6 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

With the talks heating up more and more I think Oliver and white will be off the board by the time the bills pick at 9 so I have decided to update my top 5 that should be there or close to it at pick 9.

1. Monteaz Sweat, He has a heart condition which the league cleared, if he is there and the bills medical staff cleared him upon meeting with him this is the guy to take, not only was he a combine beast but the 2 years he played at Miss St he had the 2nd most sacks only behind Josh Allen in the SEC. He was #1 in run stopping % last year and 11th most pressures in College. 22.5 sacks in the 2 years is pretty impressive. His speed and arm length are better then the average. I think he would be the long term pass rusher the bills are looking for. 
2. Tj Hockenson as much as I didnt want this as I feel like Te is an overrated aspect of the offense he could be a safety net to Josh Allen and put some extra blocking on the run game if need be.
3. Christian Wilkins another DT raising up as he is a 3 tech DT the bills need to fill long term as I like Jordan Phillips I just dont see him as starter material and think they would complement each other. Only knock on him is he is a huge DT and Mcdermott made the comment they arent looking for space eaters and want someone more agile. Even at the size of 315 he still can move.
4. Jawaan Taylor he is a true RT the bills could look at 
5. Brian Burns, he has the grit and attitude Mcdermott likes to see his speed is not as quick as Sweats but is close and can be wreaking havoc on the passer, the only bright spot on FSU team the last few years with 38.5 sacks. His knock is his weight which is 249 pounds but will likely bulk up to 260 by the time the season gets under way. 

With Oliver and White off the board and all 5 still available come pick 9 ideally want to see if they can make a move back with a team in hopes of recouping an extra 2nd rd pick.

With Oliver and White gone at #9 (and I agree VERY realistic), this is a very hard list to knock...even with Burns on it.  I'd flip Hockenson and Sweat, who I'm getting more and more open to bringing on board with the hopes that McDermott would get a little more aggressive with both Sweat and Hughes as weapons. So, I'd go...

TJ Hockenson

Montez Sweat

Jawaan Taylor (I'd look to move him inside first, but maybe leave as RT)

Andre Dillard (Tough choice for an alternate OL here, but I'd like his pass blocking experience at LT, so I bailed on Williams, who I would have looked to move inside. Either way, I limited myself to just these 2 OL as I really wanted to address the DT position somewhere here.)

Christian Wilkins (Tough to leave him off the list because we do have a need. It's the value vs. some of the other O-Lineman that makes me wince a little.)

This list just reinforces how much I'd really like to trade back 3-5 spots! I really believe that in the top 15, it really would just be the Jags, us, someone trading up, or, as a longshot, the Packers going after Hockenson. From that list, I'd say someone trading up or our Bills are most likely to land him.

16 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

With Oliver and White gone at #9 (and I agree VERY realistic), this is a very hard list to knock...even with Burns on it.  I'd flip Hockenson and Sweat, who I'm getting more and more open to bringing on board with the hopes that McDermott would get a little more aggressive with both Sweat and Hughes as weapons. So, I'd go...

TJ Hockenson

Montez Sweat

Jawaan Taylor (I'd look to move him inside first, but maybe leave as RT)

Andre Dillard (Tough choice for an alternate OL here, but I'd like his pass blocking experience at LT, so I bailed on Williams, who I would have looked to move inside. Either way, I limited myself to just these 2 OL as I really wanted to address the DT position somewhere here.)

Christian Wilkins (Tough to leave him off the list because we do have a need. It's the value vs. some of the other O-Lineman that makes me wince a little.)

This list just reinforces how much I'd really like to trade back 3-5 spots! I really believe that in the top 15, it really would just be the Jags, us, someone trading up, or, as a longshot, the Packers going after Hockenson. From that list, I'd say someone trading up or our Bills are most likely to land him.

I have sweat above hockenson because pass rusher is a bigger need and more important position than te even if mcdermott is not aggressive having a guy pressuring the qb like hughes does opposite of sweat can help out. At this point I would rather trade down. In a dream scenario trading back picking up an extra 2nd rd pick landing a guy like sweat or hockenson with that 1st rd pick, then take both 2nd rd picks to move up and land either fant (if tj isnt the pick) or brown, metcalf if still available. Trade a day 3 pick for Gerald McCoy. 

On 4/16/2019 at 11:32 AM, NickChowaniec said:

Mine changes constantly but Oliver is always at 1 and Hockenson has solidified himself at 2. 3-5 are changing constantly for me.  

1. Ed Oliver

2. TJ Hockenson 

3. Montez Sweat

4. Jonah Williams

5. D.K. Metcalf

Exactly what im thinking. 

I have a feeling Oliver won't be there so im hoping for Hockenson or Sweat. 

Our DL does scare me a little so i'd like to get someone up there, it's the only position we didn't add anyone too. I think we're taking best DL avaiable, if BB doesn't like anyone than TJ. 

Ryan Talbot is dead set on hearing that Ed Oliver is the #1 option for Buffalo. If he is not there then the noise is Metcalf and Jonah Williams, likely looking to move down and take one of these guys. He also doesnt believe Hockenson will be there at 9. It will be interesting to see who would make the move up with Atlanta, Carolina, Washington, Seattle, and Houston have been mentioned as teams wanting in on the top 10. 

Bills have connections with Carolina and Houston. Could clowney be an option for Houston to move up? If not I expect bills to collect a minimum of a 2nd rd pick to move down.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Ryan Talbot is dead set on hearing that Ed Oliver is the #1 option for Buffalo. If he is not there then the noise is Metcalf and Jonah Williams, likely looking to move down and take one of these guys. He also doesnt believe Hockenson will be there at 9. It will be interesting to see who would make the move up with Atlanta, Carolina, Washington, Seattle, and Houston have been mentioned as teams wanting in on the top 10. 

Bills have connections with Carolina and Houston. Could clowney be an option for Houston to move up? If not I expect bills to collect a minimum of a 2nd rd pick to move down.

This lines up with what Joe Marino and Joe B have been saying/hearing as well.

If Oliver falls to 7 I can see us going up to get him. Not that the Jags or even the Lions would take him, but to avoid the Falcons or someone else snagging him right in front of us. 

5 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

This lines up with what Joe Marino and Joe B have been saying/hearing as well.

If Oliver falls to 7 I can see us going up to get him. Not that the Jags or even the Lions would take him, but to avoid the Falcons or someone else snagging him right in front of us. 

i think jags can easily take him as they have a need just as much as we do at this point. Lions may consider him as they can always use more help opposite to flowers in that front 3 but i agree if they truly want oliver move up a couple spots to take him if not trade back and collect an extra pick, then trade for mccoy they have the money, he is a leader, may not be what he once was on the field but is still a solid contributor at the 3 DT position. Plenty of cap space to do it too.

Edited by soflbillsfan