Playstation 5

showtime

1 hour ago, elevators_rule said:

Sony announced today that they have no interest in adding their 1st party games to a game pass service like Xbox is. Kinda disappointing tbh. Makes sense, though, as they don't have to make these types of moves pro-consumer moves at a loss with how much they outsold Microsoft last gen.

Yep, it's nice to have Xbox pushing for stuff like not paying for next-gen versions, cross play and being more transparent (which gets them killed unfortunately).

Xbox won't outsell Playstation, but I wonder how much that stuff, the Series S and the value add of Gamepass can chip away and the difference from this past gen.

I'm glad Sony hasn't gone full start of the ps3 arrogant, seem to be a little more conscious of things this time.

11 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

Sony announced today that they have no interest in adding their 1st party games to a game pass service like Xbox is. Kinda disappointing tbh. Makes sense, though, as they don't have to make these types of moves pro-consumer moves at a loss with how much they outsold Microsoft last gen.

And to be fair, while I love Game Pass, it isn't like Xbox has released a lot of strong 1st party games since it started.  

Like could you imagine something like God of War Ragnarok being basically had for $9.99 in 2021 lol so I get why they don't do it.  They come out with games that are worth the $60 price tag at launch.  I can't think of the last Xbox exclusive I would have spent 60 on.  Even friends that I have who play Gears 5 don't like it all that much compared to previous Gears.

Personally, while I prefer GP, I don't think Playstation Now is as bad as people make it out to be.  It takes them forever before they put their 1st Party Games up, but they do have some really strong AAA and indies games on there.  Like right now there's Watch Dogs 2, Resident Evil 7 (which GP has too), Hitman 2, and so on and so forth.  And for those with a good Internet connection, I like that you can play the games without downloading them so you can see how you'll like them first.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, iknowcool said:

And to be fair, while I love Game Pass, it isn't like Xbox has released a lot of strong 1st party games since it started.  

Like could you imagine something like God of War Ragnarok being basically had for $9.99 in 2021 lol so I get why they don't do it.  They come out with games that are worth the $60 price tag at launch.  I can't think of the last Xbox exclusive I would have spent 60 on.  Even friends that I have who play Gears 5 don't like it all that much compared to previous Gears.

Personally, while I prefer GP, I don't think Playstation Now is as bad as people make it out to be.  It takes them forever before they put their 1st Party Games up, but they do have some really strong AAA and indies games on there.  Like right now there's Watch Dogs 2, Resident Evil 7 (which GP has too), Hitman 2, and so on and so forth.  And for those with a good Internet connection, I like that you can play the games without downloading them so you can see how you'll like them first.

Yeah it’s a wait and see thing a little with Gamepass.  Halo was really going to be the first crossover big game to launch directly into that. 
Now the wait is likely til next fall. 
Xbox and Gamepass have had a wonderful year with Ori, Gears Tactics, Flight Sim, Wasteland 3, early access for Grounded and some of the indies like Carrion...and like the whole launch lineup is all on Gamepass almost. But yeah they need to convince that they are indeed landing with their AAA output.

My guess is Halo comes out either September or comes out on the 20th anniversary of the first game in November 2021. From there you theoretically will get at least Hellblade 2, Avowed and Fable 12-18 months. Wildcards being The Initiative’s game, next Gears or new IP from that team being in that time period too. If they land that and people can really pay $10-15 a month and play — then I think you see Sony have to respond. I think their response would be to play into their “premium games” and have a service where games came onto them like 3/4 months later kinda like EA Play (access). That way they get the Sony super fans to buy early but can still have this value add option and boost player count (not that they do a ton of multiplayer). Too early to tell.

Biggest hope besides helping the consumer would be maybe it allows Sony to experiment more. They’ve killed it with over the shoulder 3rd person action titles with a story. But they do tend to stick to that almost a bit too much. Like I’d like to see other types of games.

25 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm torn between pre-ordering to make sure I get one, and waiting both to see what sort of bundles/deals come after the initial wave and to see how if there are any issues with the first run of production. 

I was able to go through the motions on the Gamestop PS5 bundle, but when it came time to "submit" it said sold out. Line at local gamestop was 20 deep