Playstation 5

showtime

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Well you guys have more time to grab one

Sucks but if it needs the time it needs the time.

People should've known all those announced first party titles weren't happening in '21. That was just Sony gassing to make some folks on the fence about being early adopters of the PS5 get it sooner than they normally would, lol. I still need to play the original Horizon Zero Dawn on PC. I bought it like a month ago and still haven't played it. :|

• Like 2

Welp, guys, it finally happened: I FINALLY got my PS5! I just got my order confirmation e-mail from GameStop about an hour ago:

MkoGvYA.jpg

Granted, I did already get Spider-Man for PS4 for Christmas, which comes with a free upgrade, but I can always trade it in when it arrives, and I plan on doing just that, probably for Demon's Souls or Returnal, but man, I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief right now. The wait is now over, or it will be soon enough.

BTW, in case you're wondering why I got the black controller bundle: it's because I tried adding the white controller bundle to my cart and it locked me out, and so I hit the panic button and tried adding the black controller bundle instead to avoid losing out, but yeah:

Bart-Scott-Cant-Wait.png

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Think I finally secured the bag tonight. Walmart had their second drop of day just 25 mins ago and I was able to add it and checkout instantly during the first wave. Card has already been charged and everything. Only issue is October 2nd being the delivery day 🤣🤣🤣

Lets hope not….

I don't want to give you false hope, but when I got mine from Walmart online, it gave me a delivery date that was a month or so out, but it got to me in about 10 days.  That was around Thanksgiving, so not sure if it is different now, or not.  Wishing you the same fortune.   

• 2 weeks later...

PS5 SECURED!!!!!

Did it through PS Direct.  So hype.  Not sure what I'll play first... Morales, Ghosts, Souls all sound so appealing to me right now.  Need to play the Final Fantasy 7 remake too.  Oh and Ratchet & Clank.  So excited.  

Might move to Playstation for Siege too, especially since next year your account and operators will carry across for every system.  I don't plan on getting another Xbox and the one I do have roars every time I turn it on.  

• Like 3

On 7/30/2021 at 6:23 PM, Kiltman said:

Well you guys have more time to grab one

Sucks but if it needs the time it needs the time.

I never believed for a second this or Ragnarok would come out in 2021.

In fact, Ill go a step further...Ragnarok wont come out until 2023.

Forbidden West will probably be late Q2 or Q3 of 22.

33 minutes ago, 43M said:

I never believed for a second this or Ragnarok would come out in 2021.

In fact, Ill go a step further...Ragnarok wont come out until 2023.

Forbidden West will probably be late Q2 or Q3 of 22.

Yeah I audibly laughed out loud when they dropped that at the end of the preorder launch stream. Was such a transparent ploy to drive up sales. Was curious too in hindsight that they had to have known the Bethesda deal was probably going down the next week too. At least like a hint of it because they were trying to buy Starfield exclusivity that summer before those talks got shut down.

Sony Santa Monica can take as long as they need with GoW as long as it’s as good as the last one. Loved that game.

Q2 or Q3 make sense for Forbidden West. Gives them that standalone release Sony has really done well with, keeps them out of  Q4. Wonder when BOTW2 launches next year. Currently a lot of games coming 2022,  should be a great year, hope they all hit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah I audibly laughed out loud when they dropped that at the end of the preorder launch stream. Was such a transparent ploy to drive up sales. Was curious too in hindsight that they had to have known the Bethesda deal was probably going down the next week too. At least like a hint of it because they were trying to buy Starfield exclusivity that summer before those talks got shut down.

Sony Santa Monica can take as long as they need with GoW as long as it’s as good as the last one. Loved that game.

Q2 or Q3 make sense for Forbidden West. Gives them that standalone release Sony has really done well with, keeps them out of  Q4. Wonder when BOTW2 launches next year. Currently a lot of games coming 2022,  should be a great year, hope they all hit.

Exactly why I havent been frantic about getting a PS5.   If there were a good NFL sim out or maybe another Batmam Arkham type game, Id probably have one, but alas...

The original Horizon might be one of my favorite games ever.   I cant wait for Forbidden West.   As soon as I feel like its close to being released, Ill get a PS5.   Definitely a system seller.

Not sure about BOTW 2....but if the weapons breaking system isnt fixed in a big way, I doubt Ill rush out to get it.      That cast so much of a cloud over the first one for me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 43M said:

Exactly why I havent been frantic about getting a PS5.   If there were a good NFL sim out or maybe another Batmam Arkham type game, Id probably have one, but alas...

The original Horizon might be one of my favorite games ever.   I cant wait for Forbidden West.   As soon as I feel like its close to being released, Ill get a PS5.   Definitely a system seller.

Not sure about BOTW 2....but if the weapons breaking system isnt fixed in a big way, I doubt Ill rush out to get it.      That cast so much of a cloud over the first one for me.

Yeah like I love having a next gen console, it’s very noticeably better. But it’s crazy how little reason beyond that there has been to get one. Like there are games like Cyberpunk and I think Halo that will be worth it despite the cross gen, but very little on the exclusive front.

I always felt bad for Zero Dawn, I played it right after God Of War and just couldn’t stick with it. Like I’ve heard nothing but glowing reviews 

Feel like they have to fix that right? I hated that too. I was fine with some of it for common stuff but cheapened some of the experience beyond that. It’ll be huge when it comes out and get a lot of the media love. Being both 1st party open world games and a 3rd in Starfield launching in November it probably makes sense to be somewhat mindful of each other, right? 
I guess since Forbidden West is cross gen they will be fine install base-wise, add that 100+ million PS4 install base to the like 15m the PS5 should be by release. Switch should be at 100m by BOTW2, especially with open world Pokémon hitting earlier in the year. And Xbox will probably be at like 11-12m Xbox Series XS for Starfield, but then they have the giant PC audience to themselves and Cloud stuff too. Which they confirmed today that you will be able to play next gen games through the cloud on Xbox One …so it’s harder to equate just how large that audience is as they start throwing Gamepass on everything.

3 very big releases though with a bunch of others in the mix too.

• Like 1