Playstation 5

showtime

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

As long as the controller isn’t to big I’m good with it. Always hated how big it seemed like Xbox made their controller, which is why I’ve never bought that system. 

I hated the original XBox controllers for that reason.

I like that they at least swung for something new. Had way more room for improvement. The DS4s were at least usable compared to older Gens. But I still couldn’t play with it too long compared to the Xbox controller.

Base coloring is a little eh, but I’d imagine there will be some cool versions of it at some point. Themed or just different colors.

On 4/7/2020 at 6:27 PM, holt_bruce81 said:

As long as the controller isn’t to big I’m good with it. Always hated how big it seemed like Xbox made their controller, which is why I’ve never bought that system. 

The first OG Xbox ones were massive, but everything after that has been fine. When’s the last time you held one?

A little off-topic, but this quarantine is killing me and I'm thinking about finally getting back into gaming (I've had a 4 year layoff). Really only 3 games I wanted to spend time investing in (Spiderman, RDR2 and Modern Warfare) for the time being. I see the PS4 currently has 3 different models. The 500 GB, 1 TB and 1 TB Pro, with almost nearly $100 difference in retail from the base model to the Pro, with the Pro being featured as having a better processor and enhanced graphics. I'm only going to be using my system for occasional gaming and movie streaming. Super casual. Is the Pro worth the difference in price? I'm really money conscious with my spending BTW. Didn't envision spending more than ~$300 at most for the console setup itself.

1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

A little off-topic, but this quarantine is killing me and I'm thinking about finally getting back into gaming (I've had a 4 year layoff). Really only 3 games I wanted to spend time investing in (Spiderman, RDR2 and Modern Warfare) for the time being. I see the PS4 currently has 3 different models. The 500 GB, 1 TB and 1 TB Pro, with almost nearly $100 difference in retail from the base model to the Pro, with the Pro being featured as having a better processor and enhanced graphics. I'm only going to be using my system for occasional gaming and movie streaming. Super casual. Is the Pro worth the difference in price? I'm really money conscious with my spending BTW. Didn't envision spending more than ~$300 at most for the console setup itself.

The difference in graphics is pretty substantial to me, but I'm a hardware junkie. If you only plan on playing casually and are money conscious, than I think you'll be more than happy with the base model. Also, if you only plan on playing 2-3 games, you'll be fine with the 500GB version (although I haven't looked at the price difference between the two). Just know that if you want to play more than a handful of games at a time, you might have to uninstall/reinstall games which could take some time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

The difference in graphics is pretty substantial to me, but I'm a hardware junkie. If you only plan on playing casually and are money conscious, than I think you'll be more than happy with the base model. Also, if you only plan on playing 2-3 games, you'll be fine with the 500GB version (although I haven't looked at the price difference between the two). Just know that if you want to play more than a handful of games at a time, you might have to uninstall/reinstall games which could take some time.

Walmart lists: 

-500 GB at 269.99

-1 TB at 299.99

-1 TB Pro at 359.99

Might end up looking on Craigslist and finding a used Pro bundle but it's hard to trust people with Electronics these days.

3 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Walmart lists: 

-500 GB at 269.99

-1 TB at 299.99

-1 TB Pro at 359.99

Might end up looking on Craigslist and finding a used Pro bundle but it's hard to trust people with Electronics these days.

Get the 1 TB model. You're gonna need that storage space lol.

You might be able to get a Pro for less than $300 because they're about to start dumping PS4s with next gen around the corner. Microsoft's Series X has gone from 500 to around 300-ish now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Get the 1 TB model. You're gonna need that storage space lol.

You might be able to get a Pro for less than $300 because they're about to start dumping PS4s with next gen around the corner. Microsoft's Series X has gone from 500 to around 300-ish now. 

I've checked most retail channels including online and most are still ~$330. I found a someone local selling a 1 TB (non-pro), two controllers, Madden 17, Rainbow Six Siege, Black Ops III, Infinite War and For Honor for $320. Good deal?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

I've checked most retail channels including online and most are still ~$330. I found a someone local selling a 1 TB (non-pro), two controllers, Madden 17, Rainbow Six Siege, Black Ops III, Infinite War and For Honor for $320. Good deal?

I'd say it's probably a good idea. 50-50 chance they send you a picture of all of those things instead of the actual items though.