Playstation 5

showtime

30 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I'd say it's probably a good idea. 50-50 chance they send you a picture of all of those things instead of the actual items though. 

It's local so I would get actually get to physically check the set up before purchase. 

1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

I've checked most retail channels including online and most are still ~$330. I found a someone local selling a 1 TB (non-pro), two controllers, Madden 17, Rainbow Six Siege, Black Ops III, Infinite War and For Honor for $320. Good deal?

If youre okay with used, you could try Gamestop and at least have a little more assurance you will be getting what you paid for, and if you dont, take/send it back....

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/consoles/products/playstation-4-pro-black-1tb-gamestop-premium-refurbished/134406.html?utm_source=sdi&utm_medium=feeds&utm_campaign=PLA&utm_kxconfid=t9vz73bvj&gclid=Cj0KCQjwj7v0BRDOARIsAGh37ioCI0Nt2L4crl_sn1aGKLl2xbr2VKfumvKdr-4AgNuGE8EF4NLDPUkaAgVDEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

You will also get to pick the games you want.     When the physical Gamestop stores are open, they often have good deals where you can get 4 older used games for $20.    I bought my Pro for full price when it came out, but went to Gamestop and got Dragon Age Inquistion, Madden 17, Watch Dogs and Final Fantasy 15 for $20.     They have other decent deals too.    You can also get some nice deals on PSN.    I bought Witcher 3 for $15 and Ill get close to 200 hours out of it.      Got SpiderMan for $15 as well, and thats a great game too.   

Also says on there....

Buy a New or Pre-Owned Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, or PlayStation 3 Console, get 5 compatible Pre-Owned Games (valued $19.99 or less) for $50

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If youre okay with used, you could try Gamestop and at least have a little more assurance you will be getting what you paid for, and if you dont, take/send it back....

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/consoles/products/playstation-4-pro-black-1tb-gamestop-premium-refurbished/134406.html?utm_source=sdi&utm_medium=feeds&utm_campaign=PLA&utm_kxconfid=t9vz73bvj&gclid=Cj0KCQjwj7v0BRDOARIsAGh37ioCI0Nt2L4crl_sn1aGKLl2xbr2VKfumvKdr-4AgNuGE8EF4NLDPUkaAgVDEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

You will also get to pick the games you want.     When the physical Gamestop stores are open, they often have good deals where you can get 4 older used games for $20.    I bought my Pro for full price when it came out, but went to Gamestop and got Dragon Age Inquistion, Madden 17, Watch Dogs and Final Fantasy 15 for $20.     They have other decent deals too.    You can also get some nice deals on PSN.    I bought Witcher 3 for $15 and Ill get close to 200 hours out of it.      Got SpiderMan for $15 as well, and thats a great game too.   

Also says on there....

If they reopen.  I've been waiting for discs to go away and people to transition over to digital games, and I think this is that time.  A lot of people are going to see how easy it is to go digital and won't look back and GameStop is going to be out of business quickly.  Best Buy, Target, Wal Mart and other stores will still have physical games, but those sections will start seeing their footprints drastically reduced.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If they reopen.  I've been waiting for discs to go away and people to transition over to digital games, and I think this is that time.  A lot of people are going to see how easy it is to go digital and won't look back and GameStop is going to be out of business quickly.  Best Buy, Target, Wal Mart and other stores will still have physical games, but those sections will start seeing their footprints drastically reduced.  

Alot of people like physical media, though.

There are upsides and downsides to both.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Alot of people like physical media, though.

There are upsides and downsides to both.

I agree.  I am in the physical media category, but I am slowly coming around to digital.  Also, more people converting to streaming services have pushed me to believe that this bubble on physical media is going to pop sooner rather than later.  

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I agree.  I am in the physical media category, but I am slowly coming around to digital.  Also, more people converting to streaming services have pushed me to believe that this bubble on physical media is going to pop sooner rather than later.  

I just worry about not being able to re-download a game after purchasing it.

As Ive stated before, I bought MLB 12 The Show years back, deleted it, and when I went back to download it, it had been removed from PSN.

50 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I just worry about not being able to re-download a game after purchasing it.

As Ive stated before, I bought MLB 12 The Show years back, deleted it, and when I went back to download it, it had been removed from PSN.

Did you buy it on PS3 because I'm like 99% sure even if a game gets removed from the PSN you still can download because of a (10 year?) hosting period from sony because you bought a license to that product for (10-?) years. 

8 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Did you buy it on PS3 because I'm like 99% sure even if a game gets removed from the PSN you still can download because of a (10 year?) hosting period from sony because you bought a license to that product for (10-?) years. 

Yeah.

Id have to look to see if I can find it somewhere in my purchase history.

So I ended up just buying a new 1 TB system and Modern Warfare off the shelf from Walmart. 400 big ones out the door. Going to pick up some used copies of Spiderman and RDR2 and ride this quarantine out. Been playing The Last Of Us multiplayer for most of this first nice. Got a little callus on my left middle finger. Need to break these fingers in again carpal tunnel style...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

So I ended up just buying a new 1 TB system and Modern Warfare off the shelf from Walmart. 400 big ones out the door. Going to pick up some used copies of Spiderman and RDR2 and ride this quarantine out. Been playing The Last Of Us multiplayer for most of this first nice. Got a little callus on my left middle finger. Need to break these fingers in again carpal tunnel style...

You can get the complete edition of Spider Man for $20.   I actually got it for $15 on PSN when it was on sale.

• Like 1

https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/16/21223516/ps5-launch-numbers-price-availability-playstation-5-sony

It’s more that the guts of the machine are so expensive and rare that Sony has been looking at a price tag in the neighborhood of $499 to $549. Bloomberg has characterized Sony as “struggling” with the price announcement; the PlayStation 4 launched at $399. The base model is now $299 and the PS4 Pro, which launched in 2016, is $399.

I don't think I'll get it at launch if it costs $549.  Almost $600 after tax, wild.