Playstation 5

showtime

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/16/21223516/ps5-launch-numbers-price-availability-playstation-5-sony

I don't think I'll get it at launch if it costs $549.  Almost $600 after tax, wild.

I dont usually get consoles until a year or 2 after they come out.

The EXCLUSIVE launch titles would have to be amazing for me to even consider it.

$549 in the U.S. is over $600 with taxes and you still wouldn't have any games yet or other accessories.  I'm going to go ahead and probably pass on that.  I have a gaming computer already and it doesn't seem like there's any killer games launching with the PS5 outside of GodFall, which I still need to see more of and is also going to be a PC game from what I've been reading.

58 minutes ago, showtime said:

$549 in the U.S. is over $600 with taxes and you still wouldn't have any games yet or other accessories.  I'm going to go ahead and probably pass on that.  I have a gaming computer already and it doesn't seem like there's any killer games launching with the PS5 outside of GodFall, which I still need to see more of and is also going to be a PC game from what I've been reading.

Has the price for the Series X been announced?     Just curious how it compares.

Ill wait for confirmed announcements, though.

Even if the price was only $400, Id probably wait a year or two for exclusives to make it worth it (Horizon 2, Spiderman 2, God of War 2, etc....)

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Has the price for the Series X been announced?     Just curious how it compares.

Even if the price was only $400, Id probably wait a year or two for exclusives to make it worth it (Horizon 2, Spiderman 2, God of War 2, etc....)

No prices have been announced by either company.  I didn't expect them to be announced until sometime this summer, but with all the stuff going on in the world right now - who knows when it'll be announced.  Realistically, as of right now, there are millions upon millions of people who are out of work and are not getting paid in the United States.  That's probably put a massive hold on spending for luxury items such as a console.  November is still a ways away and a lot could change from now until then, but that's still a lot of money, especially with the way the economy is right now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iknowcool said:

https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/16/21223516/ps5-launch-numbers-price-availability-playstation-5-sony

I don't think I'll get it at launch if it costs $549.  Almost $600 after tax, wild.

It's not launcing anywhere near $500 in this economy lol. 

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Nope but Xbox has said they'll match Sony on price. 

Always wait a year for hardware issues to pop up. 

2 hours ago, showtime said:

No prices have been announced by either company.  I didn't expect them to be announced until sometime this summer, but with all the stuff going on in the world right now - who knows when it'll be announced.  Realistically, as of right now, there are millions upon millions of people who are out of work and are not getting paid in the United States.  That's probably put a massive hold on spending for luxury items such as a console.  November is still a ways away and a lot could change from now until then, but that's still a lot of money, especially with the way the economy is right now.

This.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, showtime said:

I just paid off my Dell Credit Card. I'll be buying it from them and charging it. Because they have these awesome 2-year no interest plans. Look into one if you have solid credit. It's totally worth it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

I just paid off my Dell Credit Card. I'll be buying it from them and charging it. Because they have these awesome 2-year no interest plans. Look into one if you have solid credit. It's totally worth it.

To me, I'm not even sure it's worth it.  Lets say the console winds up being $549.  If you save up a little more money, you can have a pretty nice gaming PC. 

But yeah, you make a good point and a good solution for some people to get the console even if money is short at the moment. 

PS5 better not have "Copying Update Files" take 5x as long as actually downloading a game update like the PS4 does. It's absurd that I have Gigabit internet that downloads the update in no time at all and then have to wait 15-20 minutes for it to copy a 150 MB update.

46 minutes ago, Danger said:

PS5 better not have "Copying Update Files" take 5x as long as actually downloading a game update like the PS4 does. It's absurd that I have Gigabit internet that downloads the update in no time at all and then have to wait 15-20 minutes for it to copy a 150 MB update.

It will likely be faster because better CPU/SSD will make it a lot faster but the software won't change all that much IMO so it will likely still take longer. 

44 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

It will likely be faster because better CPU/SSD will make it a lot faster but the software won't change all that much IMO so it will likely still take longer. 

The process in the way it's implemented on Xbox One (even the base model) is far faster. It's one of my biggest complaints about PS4 (that and the UI is incredibly slow). I don't know why these two things on the PS4 are so poorly optimized.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

The process in the way it's implemented on Xbox One (even the base model) is far faster. It's one of my biggest complaints about PS4 (that and the UI is incredibly slow). I don't know why these two things on the PS4 are so poorly optimized.

The Xbox uses a version of windows.

The PS4 runs on a custom UI, it's not that it's poorly optimized so much as Windows is literally built for that.

But yeah the PS4 UI could be better, hopefully the PS5 slaps the PS4's UI into shape. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Crazy, almost as if Microsoft makes Software and Sony makes Hardware. 

• Like 1