Playstation 5

showtime

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

Reveal postponed due to the riots even though they have absolutely nothing to do with each other 

I agree with the business strategy of cancelling the announcement. It would definitely be overshadowed by the coverage of the riots.

It's hilarious, though, seeing people praise Sony as if they did it for humanitarian purposes. 100% a PR/business move- which isn't a bad thing, btw, it's just always rubbed me the wrong way when people treat companies like their buddies.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elevators_rule said:

I agree with the business strategy of cancelling the announcement. It would definitely be overshadowed by the coverage of the riots.

It's hilarious, though, seeing people praise Sony as if they did it for humanitarian purposes. 100% a PR/business move- which isn't a bad thing, btw, it's just always rubbed me the wrong way when people treat companies like their buddies.

That’s what I said about madden postponing their show, because it’s just them trying to get more notice when nothings going on. I actually do respect PlayStation for what they said though: more important voices need to be heard right now. 

7 minutes ago, Tyty said:

That’s what I said about madden postponing their show, because it’s just them trying to get more notice when nothings going on. I actually do respect PlayStation for what they said though: more important voices need to be heard right now. 

Yeah, I agree with that sentiment too. I just don't believe they actually mean it. Maybe I'm too cynical :D

33 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

Yeah, I agree with that sentiment too. I just don't believe they actually mean it. Maybe I'm too cynical :D

They don't.

Granted Sony matched some donations on a naughty donation page thing but like eh? 

It's easy points to agree with the people fighting for human rights so how much of it is PR/optics vs. actual respect is anyone's guess. 

15 hours ago, Tyty said:

Did... Did you just make a serious post without a single joke or self depreciating comment involved? 

... Are you dying?😳

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 5:06 PM, elevators_rule said:

All these companies are just virtue signaling.     Its all about money to them.      Every little thing they do.

There are alot of things I could point out in regards to the blatant hypocrisy of this stuff, but it would steer this topic down a bad road, and its not worth it.

So I agree....cancelling it was the right move, but anyone thinking it was for noble reasons are laughably naive.   

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

All these companies are just virtue signaling.     Its all about money to them.      Every little thing they do.

There are alot of things I could point out in regards to the blatant hypocrisy of this stuff, but it would steer this topic down a bad road, and its not worth it.

So I agree....cancelling it was the right move, but anyone thinking it was for noble reasons are laughably naive.   

Talk to 'em, Doc!

• Like 1