Playstation 5

showtime

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Great news

Yeah, even if they need another little bump back it still will be out before summer.

Makes me a little hopeful God of War might be out later next year. Though I still think it’s probably 2023 still. FFXVI is the only bigger exclusive I can think in those latter stages of development, but would they push that as their big Q3/Q4 game? Have a feeling they will throw money at those old GTA remasters to be timed.

God of War March/April 2023 and Spider-Man 2 Fall 2023 seems pretty likely and would be a huge sale year for them.

14 hours ago, JBURGE said:

It was playable enough to be one of my favourite games ever lol 

Man, I just cannot play below 60 fps anymore. It literally gives me a headache. 

I booted up HZD though, and I'm excited to get back into it. I think it is one of those games that I'm just gonna play on easy mode though. I love the story, world, and characters, but don't really have the time or patience to research the weaknesses and strategy for each animal. When Witcher 3 gets a next gen update, I'll do the same thing.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

PS5 has been shipped… 👀👀👀

Just bought a new 4K TV as well… 👀👀👀

****s about to get real

Sick. When I first got my PS5, I had a 1080p monitor I was playing on. I eventually got a 4K TV and it's so much better. You'll enjoy it. What games you getting?

28 minutes ago, showtime said:

Sick. When I first got my PS5, I had a 1080p monitor I was playing on. I eventually got a 4K TV and it's so much better. You'll enjoy it. What games you getting?

PS5 came in today so it was much quicker than the date. I haven’t got the new tv set up in the mancave yet so I hooked it up and played on the TV in the living room all day. Played madden and tried out Astros Playroom. Actually a pretty fun little game. As far as what other games I’m looking to get… Not sure if there’s any out there yet I’m going to buy right away. I just bought madden for the PS4 so I’ll probably play that for a little bit. Some future games I’m thinking of trying out are Far Cry 6. Never played any of them before but I’ve always been intrigued. Rainbow 6 Siege: Extraction, Back 4 Blood, maybe the new COD and Battlefields when they come out and of course Dying Light 2 at the end of the year.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

PS5 came in today so it was much quicker than the date. I haven’t got the new tv set up in the mancave yet so I hooked it up and played on the TV in the living room all day. Played madden and tried out Astros Playroom. Actually a pretty fun little game. As far as what other games I’m looking to get… Not sure if there’s any out there yet I’m going to buy right away. I just bought madden for the PS4 so I’ll probably play that for a little bit. Some future games I’m thinking of trying out are Far Cry 6. Never played any of them before but I’ve always been intrigued. Rainbow 6 Siege: Extraction, Back 4 Blood, maybe the new COD and Battlefields when they come out and of course Dying Light 2 at the end of the year.

Have you ever played Spider-Man on PS4 yet? If not, get Miles Morales Ultimate Edition. If you have played it, see if you can get Miles Morales on sale. I think I've seen it for $19 or $29 recently.

• Like 1

In less cool news.

Pretty crappy and common at this point for them unfortunately, I get that they want to force people to the next gen. But if you are having such bad shortages and you are making your next two biggest games (This and God of War “2”) as cross gen titles, give people the nextgen version on games that they already bought.

Report was that you can play the PS4 version on a PS5, but it’s really not that hard to implement a system that would install any next gen versions for free. Xbox does it with smart delivery, you go to play/install a game and it prompts you about a Next Gen upgrade if there is one, and downloads it like it’s nothing. (Unless a publisher specifically opts out)

It’s just crappy for consumers. Should be very vocally be called out IMO.

• Like 3

So there's a tiny chance I'm getting a 5 next week. I'm 1/3 of the way from finishing Ghosts of Tsushima so if I change systems, will it somehow save my data so I don't have to start all over?

Edit: and how does it work for preexisting games that are already played? That's actually the main question while my initial was only asked due to that I'm playing right now

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

19 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

So there's a tiny chance I'm getting a 5 next week. I'm 1/3 of the way from finishing Ghosts of Tsushima so if I change systems, will it somehow save my data so I don't have to start all over?

Edit: and how does it work for preexisting games that are already played? That's actually the main question while my initial was only asked due to that I'm playing right now

As long as your saves on PS4 are saved on the cloud you’ll be able to upload/download them to the PS5. My online franchise for Madden 21 was available to continue on PS5 but my offline franchise I only saw save points that were 2 months old. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

As long as your saves on PS4 are saved on the cloud you’ll be able to upload/download them to the PS5. My online franchise for Madden 21 was available to continue on PS5 but my offline franchise I only saw save points that were 2 months old. 

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up. I figured that was the case but hell if I know