Playstation 5

showtime

11 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'll hold my breath on it, but I am excited by the idea.

Me, too, especially if it's M-rated.

Though I was hoping we'd get GG's new multiplayer game they're working on. They're supposedly 3 years into it, so surely they'd have something to show by now. All signs point to a new SOCOM, which would've made me MTFO had it been revealed.

12 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Thought there was better superheroes to make a game for, but still excited for wolverine 

True but I believe Sony only owns Spiderman and the Xmen so they can only make them as Playstation exclusives. I have no facts toi back this up but I think it is correct

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

True but I believe Sony only owns Spiderman and the Xmen so they can only make them as Playstation exclusives. I have no facts toi back this up but I think it is correct

Ehh, I think they could get realistically get any super hero game as an exclusive, it just comes down to licensing from the 3rd party entity. For example, Sony owns Spiderman, so it's pretty easy for them to license their own game in-house. Wolverine, on the other hand, I believe is owned by Disney? So they must have signed to some licensing agreement to use the Wolverine IP in this upcoming game. They could do the same for any super hero as long as the right contract was signed. Either way, I'm super hopeful for this game and think it could be waaaay better than Spiderman (which I thought was only OKAY unlike most people) if done right.

9 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

Ehh, I think they could get realistically get any super hero game as an exclusive, it just comes down to licensing from the 3rd party entity. For example, Sony owns Spiderman, so it's pretty easy for them to license their own game in-house. Wolverine, on the other hand, I believe is owned by Disney? So they must have signed to some licensing agreement to use the Wolverine IP in this upcoming game. They could do the same for any super hero as long as the right contract was signed. Either way, I'm super hopeful for this game and think it could be waaaay better than Spiderman (which I thought was only OKAY unlike most people) if done right.

Sony only owns the live action film rights. Marvel/Disney can do whatever else they want to do with the character. There is certain good faith bad faith stuff you don’t do on either side. I’m not sure if they might just have all film right for him or if they had to get permission to do Into the Spiderverse. 

And you’re right about Wolverine. Marvel, then Disney always owned the video game rights. They now own all aspects of the character once Disney bought Fox, which owned the Xmen and Fantastic Four suite of characters….though those deals were never as ironclad as the Sony/Spidey deal. For instance Fox also owned Daredevil, but failed to do anything with it on time and lost the rights.

And I’d second that on the first Spider-man game. It was great mechanically but didn’t really vibe with the writing as much. I’m glad they remade the Peter model, was one of the character designs I didn’t really like at all. If Wolverine is a more straightforward game and they can be a little more adult it could be great for them to get out of the writing lane they have stayed in from Sunset/Ratchet/Spider-Man.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

Yeah, that's hardly conclusive. Mature "tone" just means it'll be more serious and less goofy. Could easily still be rated T with some basic blood effects and language. Hope I'm wrong though and it's more gritty.

I have no reason to question Insomniac.    I trust them to do it well.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 12:01 PM, scar988 said:

Thoughts on this one?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-65-class-x85j-series-led-4k-uhd-smart-google-tv/6455578.p?skuId=6455578

I'm getting like a $5,000 bonus next month based on my performance this month and I'm hoping to upgrade the 55" 1080p 4 year old TV that's in my living room with it.

This is what I went with. The X90J was $1,500, this was $1,200.