Playstation 5

showtime

26 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

only games I’m interested In playing from the older PS games are NCAA football and basketball. Hopefully that’s on there.

Won’t be, but it would be nice so I could finally ditch my PS3 lol. 

• Like 1

Nothing confirmed, but rumors are that Sony purchased Konami.

I really really REAAAAALLLLYYYY hope this is true.   I really want to see Metal Gear and Castlevania get revived in some respectable shape or form.

2 hours ago, 43M said:

I really really REAAAAALLLLYYYY hope this is true.   I really want to see Metal Gear and Castlevania get revived in some respectable shape or form.

Imagine what those IP's can become now! Sony will make great games, and Konami can stick to making pachinko machines.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 4:40 AM, 43M said:

And suikoden

• Like 1

I'm in favor of the new subscription based PS+ options. If you don't like subscription based services like Gamepass, that's cool, but it's great for people to have an option.

The biggest L, however, is the fact that they said some or all PS3 games will have to be streamed. Game Pass' model where the user can download the game and play it whenever, is the best way. I guess there's some architecture issues that don't allow Sony to do that with some of their older games, which is awful. I'm not paying a premium to stream a game. That's honestly just bad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm in favor of the new subscription based PS+ options. If you don't like subscription based services like Gamepass, that's cool, but it's great for people to have an option.

The biggest L, however, is the fact that they said some or all PS3 games will have to be streamed. Game Pass' model where the user can download the game and play it whenever, is the best way. I guess there's some architecture issues that don't allow Sony to do that with some of their older games, which is awful. I'm not paying a premium to stream a game. That's honestly just bad.

Yeah giving people better value is always something worth rooting for.

I think for a lot of people… how long until they vault some of those first party titles will really matter. If after 6 months they put it in there it’s passable, 18+ months and it really is kinda pointless. Day and date is one of the key features people like about Gamepass, like if they continue this deal with MLB there will be more PlayStation games that launch into a subscription service on Xbox than there would be on PlayStation.

These machines are powerful enough to just brute force emulate at this point. It’d cost them a couple mil to do, that’s the only real hurdle. For whatever reason they don’t see game preservation as a worthwhile endeavor, which is sad.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Anyone else have issues with the left stick drift? It's gotten so bad on one of my controllers it's basically unusable. 

I haven't had that issue. But I bought one of the red controllers and I think those were better made since they came out months after that problem was found.

17 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I haven't had that issue. But I bought one of the red controllers and I think those were better made since they came out months after that problem was found.

Yeah I'm going to have to get another one, one is fine but the other one the drift is absolutely terrible.