Playstation 5

showtime

On 8/25/2022 at 6:10 PM, 43M said:

I was on the PS Store invitation list for like 4 or 5 months.    I got ONE invitation at the beginning, missed it, and never got one after that.   Since then Ive been looking everywhere, and the only place I came close was Target, but I held off because I heard the online store would say they were in stock when they werent available.

Today, I just randomly decided to check PS store, and low and behold...the Horizon Forbidden West bundle was in stock...so I immediately ordered it.

Now, Im just waiting for it to actually get to me.

Bill Murray Good Luck GIF by reactionseditor

I've been on that list for like 9 months now and have never gotten that invitation lol 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, showtime said:

No. PS5's are often up on Sony PS Direct several times per week. Most of the time, they stay up for a full day where you can just add to your cart. It's always the Horizon disk or digital bundle.

Right now the disk PS5 Horizon bundle is up right now and has been up for like 10 hours straight. It's $549 U.S. pricing. The console cost $500, so you're getting the game in the bundle for $49. You can just sell the code if you don't want the game. Anyone can get a PS5 anytime they want in the U.S. It's not the case in other countries, though.

Okay, this makes me feel better lol 

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've been on that list for like 9 months now and have never gotten that invitation lol 

Yep....their invitation system is worthless.  

Youre better off checking PS Direct several times a week until you get one.    Seems like they are restocking alot more...despite no invitations.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Im not too sure If its on PS5 yet but The last of us is one

The ps5 remaster of part one is coming out soon, not to be confused with the PS4 remaster, no matter what they say I don’t get the $70 price tag… but that’s just me.

59 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

The ps5 remaster of part one is coming out soon, not to be confused with the PS4 remaster, no matter what they say I don’t get the $70 price tag… but that’s just me.

Video games arent worth 70$ imo either considering dev companies are just rinsing and repeating the same old crap over and over again and graphics havent changed THAT much in recent years considering how far they went from the late 90s to 2000s

But deving games is extremely difficult so who am I to judge

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:
12 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

TBH, Cyberpunk on PS5 is amazing

Yeah it’s great on next gen, played through on XSX February-April when the next gen versions dropped…such a good game.

3 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Ive heard Cyberpunk has come ALONG since it came out may have to snag it on the PS5 and play it casually as a couch game

Bet. I refrained from playing it til it came out on current Gen a few months ago, went in with low expectations and was blown away. I fully got my moneys worth on a pretty decent cdprojektred game. I think I saw they’re abandoning their own particular physics engine and will be using unreal, which will be infinitely smoother for them in the future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Video games arent worth 70$ imo either considering dev companies are just rinsing and repeating the same old crap over and over again and graphics havent changed THAT much in recent years considering how far they went from the late 90s to 2000s

But deving games is extremely difficult so who am I to judge

I'd be all for $70 games if it meant games were good to go day 1 / the bulk of outfits, etc. could be attained in game / they stopped spending so much resources on modes/games that are built to extract the most money / we saw more risks from the higher AAA....but that won't be the case. 

At the very least create tiers for better buy-in. How is TLOUpt1 worth more today than when it first came out like 9 years ago? It's sony, they make a habit out of this way too often.

I hope as Unreal Engine 5 and it's peers in the space get off the ground, that Dev time really eases up for studios.
Both for their health, but also to speed up game times a bit. UE5 is so good at handling the little things, it just does a lot of stuff for you.

Gamepass has really warped my sense of value though,  just like Moviepass / A-List / Premiere did for movies.

Can spend $70 on one game or spend that much for a little under 5 months of ultimate.

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Bet. I refrained from playing it til it came out on current Gen a few months ago, went in with low expectations and was blown away. I fully got my moneys worth on a pretty decent cdprojektred game. I think I saw they’re abandoning their own particular physics engine and will be using unreal, which will be infinitely smoother for them in the future. 

yeah I guess The Witcher 4 is unreal, after the Cyberpunk expansions they'll all be on that.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I'd be all for $70 games if it meant games were good to go day 1 / the bulk of outfits, etc. could be attained in game / they stopped spending so much resources on modes/games that are built to extract the most money / we saw more risks from the higher AAA....but that won't be the case. 

At the very least create tiers for better buy-in. How is TLOUpt1 worth more today than when it first came out like 9 years ago? It's sony, they make a habit out of this way too often.

I hope as Unreal Engine 5 and it's peers in the space get off the ground, that Dev time really eases up for studios.
Both for their health, but also to speed up game times a bit. UE5 is so good at handling the little things, it just does a lot of stuff for you.

Gamepass has really warped my sense of value though,  just like Moviepass / A-List / Premiere did for movies.

Can spend $70 on one game or spend that much for a little under 5 months of ultimate.

I dont think that will ever happen though atleast to me lol

• Like 1