Playstation 5

showtime

7 hours ago, 43M said:

I was really looking forward to playing the remastered Spiderman on PS5, but the only way to play it is to buy the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition for $70.    Already bought it for PS4 and Miles Morales is on PS Plus. 

Lame.

I was looking to see if they had a Labor Day sale. Was surprised there wasn’t one.

Do they have one of their handy dandy upgrade fees for it?

51 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I was looking to see if they had a Labor Day sale. Was surprised there wasn’t one.

Do they have one of their handy dandy upgrade fees for it?

I dont see any options to upgrade.   As I understand, the only way to get the PS5 remaster is to pay $70 for Miles Morales Ultimate....which I refuse to do.    Already paid for Spidey PS4 and can play MM on Plus.

1 hour ago, 43M said:

I dont see any options to upgrade.   As I understand, the only way to get the PS5 remaster is to pay $70 for Miles Morales Ultimate....which I refuse to do.    Already paid for Spidey PS4 and can play MM on Plus.

Ah yeah that’s crappy. 

I remember a lot of people were pissed. That’s annoying, gonna be in the same boat. Think I got the original on sale, but still the principle of the thing.

I’m actively looking for one now, probably get one when the PSDirect restocks. The target app has been annoying to deal with the last two days

Console war stuff is stupid, but it’s one thing I’m glad people agree to drag Sony on.

Like when I got the Series X I plugged my external drive in and transferred some games over. The ones that had a patch/next gen version automatically updated. And it keeps doing that whenever a new one came out. They also did those system based upgrades like auto-hdr and FPS boost, which covers some of the simple remasters that come out.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Ah yeah that’s crappy. 

I remember a lot of people were pissed. That’s annoying, gonna be in the same boat. Think I got the original on sale, but still the principle of the thing.

I’m actively looking for one now, probably get one when the PSDirect restocks. The target app has been annoying to deal with the last two days

Console war stuff is stupid, but it’s one thing I’m glad people agree to drag Sony on.

Like when I got the Series X I plugged my external drive in and transferred some games over. The ones that had a patch/next gen version automatically updated. And it keeps doing that whenever a new one came out. They also did those system based upgrades like auto-hdr and FPS boost, which covers some of the simple remasters that come out.

Most PS4 games get boosted on PS5 from what I understand (FPS, load times, etc), but I really wanted to see the remastered version since I heard how good it looks.  

I would be willing to pay an extra 10 or 15 to upgrade to the remaster, but surely not 70 for a game Ive already paid for and beat.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 1:20 PM, 43M said:

I was really looking forward to playing the remastered Spiderman on PS5, but the only way to play it is to buy the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition for $70.    Already bought it for PS4 and Miles Morales is on PS Plus. 

Lame.

If you have a pc and if you’re from Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh Pirates can do the trick.

On 9/4/2022 at 12:45 AM, 43M said:

Most PS4 games get boosted on PS5 from what I understand (FPS, load times, etc), but I really wanted to see the remastered version since I heard how good it looks.  

I would be willing to pay an extra 10 or 15 to upgrade to the remaster, but surely not 70 for a game Ive already paid for and beat.

That’s the game I tried out on pc when I got my oled ultra wide in.  Looks fantastic with ray tracing.  So much smoother frame pacing too.

My hate for Sony is surpassing even that of EA.

So I woke up early and went to sign onto PSN.    Didnt work.   I knew everything was entered correctly, so I went to check my email and found that my account was hacked, they changed my email address for my account, and spent $30 on a subscription to EA Play.  

As bad as that all is, thats not the worst part.    The worst part is that Sony, a multi billion dollar company, only has customer assistance hours from 9AM to 6PM PST Monday thru Friday....and thats literally the only ******* way I can get my account back.      Now I have to wait until 12 noon EST to contact them, and who the **** knows what else might be charged to my account in that time.

Sony has always had pretty horrible customer service, but holy ****, this is next level BS.

I got one

One of the reno projects came in way under budget, just happened to be looking on the target app out of state and there was one in the next town over. 

That middle tier of PS Plus has a nice assortment of games. Starting with Ghosts, yeah it’s about as Assassins Creed as I assumed. But have enjoyed the first couple of hours. Like the little bit of skill/timing the combat makes you do.

Turns out barely caring was the path all along…

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 43M said:

My hate for Sony is surpassing even that of EA.

So I woke up early and went to sign onto PSN.    Didnt work.   I knew everything was entered correctly, so I went to check my email and found that my account was hacked, they changed my email address for my account, and spent $30 on a subscription to EA Play.  

As bad as that all is, thats not the worst part.    The worst part is that Sony, a multi billion dollar company, only has customer assistance hours from 9AM to 6PM PST Monday thru Friday....and thats literally the only ******* way I can get my account back.      Now I have to wait until 12 noon EST to contact them, and who the **** knows what else might be charged to my account in that time.

Sony has always had pretty horrible customer service, but holy ****, this is next level BS.

They need to have some sort of emergency line. I get pairing down a bit but the weekend is when people are playing more.

Did you have two-factor on?

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Right when I get hooked on a massive time sink game that I’m perfectly content playing for the next month…

That’s when a PS5 becomes available at my local Best Buy. In store.

Is this a sign that availability issues are ending, or should I just pounce now?

It’s been getting fairly easier, I’d say to anyone who wants one for God of War Ragnorak when it comes out…just get it when you see it. I’m sure it’ll get a lot harder come the back half of October into November.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It’s been getting fairly easier, I’d say to anyone who wants one for God of War Ragnorak when it comes out…just get it when you see it. I’m sure it’ll get a lot harder come the back half of October into November.

And that’s why I didn’t get it.

I can’t think of a single game I would get to justify it.

Only use I would have is for the 4k blu rays.

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

And that’s why I didn’t get it.

I can’t think of a single game I would get to justify it.

Only use I would have is for the 4k blu rays.

What game on the horizon makes you want to get it?

Spidey 2? That’s kinda it on the Sony side til next fall aside from that delayed Forspoken game as far as next gen games go.

I’m glad next year finally seems like the year we are getting the page flip. I know COVID delays prolonged this but two full years of no big next gen exclusives was a bit overkill.

I mean the one thing I tell people I know looking is both the PS5 and XSX make everything you do better now. Taking away load times, improved textures in many cases. It can dramatically shift an experience right now. If that doesn’t do it for you then yeah wait til there’s a game you have to get one for.