Playstation 5

showtime

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just know they’re going to make me play as the ****ing kid. I hate that.

I also hate linear storytelling in video games.

I want to go build 20 settlements before I look for my snot nosed kid who got stolen while I was in cryo sleep.

If it’s not open world, I don’t want it.

Blame Joe Barry. **** Joe Barry.

Fair enough. Get Horizon Zero Dawn and then Forbidden West. HZD I think is included, if not it's cheap. Both great exclusive open world games.

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 10:05 PM, Outpost31 said:

I just know they’re going to make me play as the ****ing kid. I hate that.

I also hate linear storytelling in video games.

I want to go build 20 settlements before I look for my snot nosed kid who got stolen while I was in cryo sleep.

If it’s not open world, I don’t want it.

Blame Joe Barry. **** Joe Barry.

Don’t play as him in the first, you do in the second when he’s older but it works. He is like an actual playable character with a fun move set and you get a lot of additional sides to the story.

The story is good in both, but it’s some really satisfying combat too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Forge said:

Crazy how fast you run out of space. I went ahead and installed a 4tb additional m2 SSD in the PS5 today

If I haven't played a game in a month, I generally delete it off my HD. Can always re-download. Is that something that could help you?

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If I haven't played a game in a month, I generally delete it off my HD. Can always re-download. Is that something that could help you?

I already bought and installed the extra SSD. I'm one of those types that would rather just spend it and do it once and have the option to start it up whenever I want without having to reinstall 😂

Okay, but for real what are the chances Starfield gets to PS5 eventually?

It doesn’t make sense to me. Microsoft doesn’t even make a whole ton of a big profit off console sales.

Console revenue is an 8.4 billion dollar industry, but video games are a 180 billion dollar industry.

I just feel like it’s dumb.

16 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It doesn’t make sense to me. Microsoft doesn’t even make a whole ton of a big profit off console sales.

Console revenue is an 8.4 billion dollar industry, but video games are a 180 billion dollar industry.

Very slim, IMO.

Exclusives exist to sell consoles to sell other software. Microsoft doesn't care if Starfield would get 2-3x the sales if it was on the PS5, what they care is that they sell an extra X% of consoles, and then all of those people buy additional games and subscriptions on Xbox. Think about it like this:

Even if Starfield would sell 3x the amount if it was the PS5, the additional maybe 2 million Xbox console sales from it being exclusive now generatean additional 4-5 million game sales every year. Made up numbers obviously, but the logic is sound. Getting additional consoles in peoples houses essentially prints money selling games and subscriptions for up to a decade until the next generation arrives. Selling Starfield on the PS5 would be a one-time profit.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

Very slim, IMO.

Exclusives exist to sell consoles to sell other software. Microsoft doesn't care if Starfield would get 2-3x the sales if it was on the PS5, what they care is that they sell an extra X% of consoles, and then all of those people buy additional games and subscriptions on Xbox. Think about it like this:

Even if Starfield would sell 3x the amount if it was the PS5, the additional maybe 2 million Xbox console sales from it being exclusive now generatean additional 4-5 million game sales every year. Made up numbers obviously, but the logic is sound. Getting additional consoles in peoples houses essentially prints money selling games and subscriptions for up to a decade until the next generation arrives. Selling Starfield on the PS5 would be a one-time profit.

Well that’s lame. I’m not getting an Xbox.

21 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Zero

Their play is to get people onto Gamepass. This will be the first mega release to hit day one outside the same old Halo/Gears/Forza. So they can draw people outside the traditional Ecosystem.

Between Xbox X/S, Steam/PC and streaming (Browser, Mobile and XB1); I think they are fine where it’s at. Best case for them they can use it to leverage the service elsewhere.

But with how Sony has tried so hard to tank the ABK deal, I doubt and deal to get Gamepass is gonna happen on PlayStation. We’re some rumors Microsoft and Nintendo were working on something though. And there is no love lost because one of the reasons they bought the whole company was because of Sony buying exclusivity on Zenimax games, including supposedly trying to lock down Starfield.

It is what it is. Exclusives are the currency of the industry. Sony has God of War and the Naughty Dog games. Nintendo has Pokémon and Mario. Xbox squandered exclusives like Halo, Fable or let go others like Mass Effect…so they need to figure a way to get their own must play franchises.

16 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I have the same feeling but for the next Skyrim game. Hopefully by the time it comes out I can just by a cheap used Xbox.

Doubtful.   I wouldn't be shocked if its a launch game for NEXT gen consoles in 2028 or so.   Probably be a current gen version, but you might be shortchanging the experience in that case.

7 hours ago, 43M said:

Doubtful.   I wouldn't be shocked if its a launch game for NEXT gen consoles in 2028 or so.   Probably be a current gen version, but you might be shortchanging the experience in that case.

Even if it comes out next year, it’ll be a launch rerelease for the next 3 next gen consoles anyway. Same with GTA 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 43M said:

Initial projection was 2026. With the delays they definitely won’t make that, even with the expanded studios and not having to make the engine like they did for Starfield.

reportedly Starfield has been in the polish phase this year. So some people probably have joined the base level team already.

2027-2028 seems like a safe bet.

• 6 months later...

https://kotaku.com/sony-ps-plus-ps5-game-pass-price-spider-man-2-starfield-1850787462

PlayStation Plus is about to get a lot more expensive. Sony announced that, beginning in September, the annual subscription price will go from $60 up to $80 for the lowest tier of the program. Meanwhile PS Plus Premium, which competes directly with Game Pass by offering a big Netflix-style library of games and cloud streaming, will jump from $120 all the way up to $160.

What a joke.

At least Xbox puts major exclusive (not that they have many...) Day 1 releases on Game Pass.   

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 3