Playstation 5

showtime

39 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

So how long do they generally continue making games for the console which is being "replaced"? I won't get a PS5 any time soon after it's release bc I'm not a big gamer by any means. How long do you think they will be making games for the PS4 after the 5 is released? 

It's generally the first 3-4 years of the console generation.

If PS4 games are backwards compatible as Sony says they are, you might honestly see the entire generation have PS4/PS5 versions. Heck the Wii is still getting games to this day because of that. 

You won't get every single new game on the PS4 but expect the 1st 2-3 years to have PS4 versions.

Same goes for Xbox as well but we'll see their stance on backwards compatibility at launch. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

If PS4 games are backwards compatible as Sony says they are, you might honestly see the entire generation have PS4/PS5 versions. Heck the Wii is still getting games to this day because of that. 

You won't get every single new game on the PS4 but expect the 1st 2-3 years to have PS4 versions.

Same goes for Xbox as well but we'll see their stance on backwards compatibility at launch. 

I essentially agree with this.  You'll still have a few years of games coming to the PS4, for the most part.

Xbox has always been pro-backwards compatibility.  They've allowed playing regular Xbox and Xbox 360 games for a while now.  I think it's all but assumed they will continue that.

37 minutes ago, showtime said:

I essentially agree with this.  You'll still have a few years of games coming to the PS4, for the most part.

Xbox has always been pro-backwards compatibility.  They've allowed playing regular Xbox and Xbox 360 games for a while now.  I think it's all but assumed they will continue that.

They've talked it up and have done some decent backwards compatibility this gen. You have to wonder if that starts to go away once they focus on new products though.

I like Microsoft's new push with Gamepass and their games finally coming to PC, along with Phil Spencer not being the idiot who oversaw the Xbox One's terrible launch, plus focusing on more studios etc etc.

However it's still Microsoft so I'm cautious of them screwing themselves in some shape or form, them naming their console the Xbox Series X is kinda stupid but them just calling the product "Xbox" in a press release just reeks of them trying to push a brand. 

Still we have almost a full year left before we see the actual consoles launch. 

9 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

This is cool and good news! I was worried I'd have to start playing older titles once the 5 is released after like a year. There's plenty of things I could play still but I like some of the current titles. Obviously I don't have to worry about it now but spring and summer this year are looking stupid good! Glad I won't have to miss out on that for a few more years

• Like 1

Okay so, one thing that's interesting. When the PS4 came out, PS3 and PS4 players could no longer play games together. For example, if you had NBA 2K14 on the PS3, you could not play with someone who had NBA 2K14 on the PS4. I wonder if they do that again? For some reason, I don't think they will. Just a feeling I have.

dims?resize=2000%252C2000%252Cshrink%26i

3622976-logo.png

Behold the PS5 logo.

ps5-features.png

ENpACjNVAAUDIlc?format=jpg&name=small

And some features we already knew about but LOGOS AND GRAPHIC DESIGNS YEAH BABY. 

That's it. 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/when-is-more-ps5-info-coming-a-look-back-at-ps4s-r/1100-6472466/ speculation based on the PS4's reveal. 

Also in other news we got a fake render/reveal of the Xbox details from AMD because....reasons? AMD just straight up showed a 3D model from some random site. AMD is the GPU/CPU maker for Both Sony and Microsoft for context. 

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

It'll either be 399 or 499

That won’t be too bad. I’ve seen as high as $700 online lol just because the expensive hardware. I got a $250 Christmas bonus at work and that just went directly to my ps5 funds. Can either put away the other 250 or sell my PS4 or something when the time comes 

Just now, JBURGE said:

Have they said this? Because all rumours that I have seen show a minimum price of $499 USD

Neither Xbox or Sony are looking to profit off the hardware. Expect the Xbox Series X to come in at $100 more than the PS5, and the [Series S]* to be $50-100 less than the PS5. 

Expectations:
Series S will be $349
PS5 will be $399
Series X will be $499

Neither company really cares about making money on the hardware, they've learned that the most important thing is customer share even if it means selling the hardware for a small loss.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Neither Xbox or Sony are looking to profit off the hardware. Expect the Xbox Series X to come in at $100 more than the PS5, and the [Series S]* to be $50-100 less than the PS5. 

Expectations:
Series S will be $349
PS5 will be $399
Series X will be $499

Neither company really cares about making money on the hardware, they've learned that the most important thing is customer share even if it means selling the hardware for a small loss.

Can’t really sell games if the common man can’t afford your console 

10 minutes ago, Danger said:
13 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Have they said this? Because all rumours that I have seen show a minimum price of $499 USD

Expectations:
Series S will be $349
PS5 will be $399
Series X will be $499

I know, and that's what they did with the PS4. However I'm skeptical based off what I've seen that the PS4 will be that low. I still expect it to be $499, which is generally still affordable, but without a big loss

Edited by JBURGE

A few things I’m excited about:

an upgraded controller. Owning 4 controllers and a charging dock made the crappy battery time more manageable but a newer better controller is enticing to me

backwards compatibility: literally only care about it so I can play ncaa 14 potentially and throw my crappy OG PS3 off a bridge. I’m sure that other dingus on here will be stoked to play duelist roses yugioh on it too

obviously next gen games. A few ps4 era games were simply stunning so next gen will make me cream in my jeans unmetaphorically  

and I think lastly, the appearance of the console. I was underwhelmed with the OG ps4 and xone designs and think this could be neat. I’d be okay with the dev kit cause it looks so weird