Playstation 5

showtime

On 5/27/2020 at 6:43 PM, rob_shadows said:

So wait at least a year before buying a PS5 basically

I want to play exactly zero of those games....madden and  nhl will both be barebones as every one of EA's sports games are on new systems. I need something like Horizon 2 or maybe the next destiny to have a shot at getting me into the next console.

On 5/27/2020 at 6:43 PM, rob_shadows said:

So wait at least a year before buying a PS5 basically

I mean, thats the outlook Ive always had for next gen consoles.

Most of the better exclusives that take full advantage of the next gen hardware dont start rolling out until at least a year after the console is released.       I think that has almost always held true.

The earliest Ive bought a console was the PS2.   It came out October 2000 and I got a PS2 in November 2001, soon after getting out of basic training.     That was back when I still loved Madden, and Final Fantasy 10 had come out.

Every other console, I think they were out at least 2 years before I picked one up. 

4 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

They're having an unveiling event next week. There was a leaked video about 2 weeks ago showing it and I assumed it was fake, but by the looks of it it seems pretty accurate.

The one where the controller like expands and the on screen menu looked super fluid?

20 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Reveal postponed due to the riots even though they have absolutely nothing to do with each other 

can you imagine the optics of announcing something as frivolous as a gaming console in the current climate?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:
33 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Reveal postponed due to the riots even though they have absolutely nothing to do with each other 

can you imagine the optics of announcing something as frivolous as a gaming console in the current climate?

While I understand the delay of everything and agree with the decision, I am still selfishly disappointed. Then again, I am not in the US

I just got a 2070 graphics card.  I might consider buying the PS5 still, but as of right now there's no point for me to get it at launch. I'm extremely interested in Godfall, but that's also a PC game. I'd like to be able to play The Last of Us II, though.